It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says He May Declare a National Emergency to Get The US-Mex Border Wall Built.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Concoct a national emergency for something that is in no way, shape or form a national emergency, to force his hand instead of following established law that exists to PREVENT any president from forcing their hand.

That sure is a nice ploy to instigate a civil war, innit? You have no idea how many military find that idea repulsive and are already willing to point to weapons at him for trying.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
I would like the american people to be able to vote on it.

Set it up so we can all vote on it in say a month or two from now. To give time for the voting boths to get set up.

Use the same logistics involved in any of our votes.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

That sure is a nice ploy to instigate a civil war, innit?

No.

But it doesn't help his reelection. (opinion)
And it gives fuel to impeachment talks. (fact)

IF he does this that is. He hasn't done anything yet.

I think he is just floating the idea to see how the people react to it.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Guyfriday

This is a National Security issue

I disagree.

Who should be the one that decides if something is a national emergency though?
The potus?
The scotus?
The congress.

Maybe the people should have a vote? ----That would be my choice.

Maybe you should understand he crime that takes place along the board with Mexico, and see the that this is a National Emergency. I'm not even talking about drug trafficking, but kidnappings, home invasions, murder, extortion, and I could go on. Law enforcement and US Boarder Patrol have even reported that Mexican Military units have been used to protect these boarder crossings and crimes. We even have reports of terrorists moving people across the boarder as well.

Remember those people that had the encampment in New Mexico where it came out as a possible terrorist training camp ATS thread on this topic

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So Baisicly its the thing people freaked out about when jade helm was being used as a political tool by the right but straight from the president’s mouth...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

What could be more “irrelevant” to this discussion than pointing out that not only would a border wall not prevent terrorism, in the form of a WMD; but that the threat posed by “illegals” murdering US citizens is far outweighed by the threat US citizens face at the hands of their fellow citizens?

To state that murder from any group is acceptable because there's not as many from this group as from others is completely irrelevant. That's essentially what you were saying. We have the means to prevent murders from those coming into the country illegally by not letting them come into the country illegally. We do not have that capability for US citizens. Why do you think more murder is OK?

The wall itself will not prevent a WMD, or drugs, or anything else from crossing; it is not meant to. That is a story concocted by the MSM to try and make the wall sound useless. What they are not saying is that the wall will make it harder to come into the US illegally. A wall is a barrier, and it takes time to cross a barrier... time that would leave the illegal border jumpers vulnerable to passing patrols. As it is right now, all someone needs to do is hide behind a rock and watch until a CBP patrol drives by, then simply walk across the border. They can cross at full walking speed, and they know it will be some time before that patrol can get back to the area.

With a wall, someone has to take time to cross it. A sufficiently secure wall, which is what is being proposed, forces the illegal crosser to take much longer to scale the wall, during which time the chances of them being spotted by CBP are dramatically increased. the proposed design uses slats instead of a solid structure so visibility to the other side is maintained, does not have large flat areas or handholds that could be used to scale, has a top that has no irregularities for a rope to attach to, and is made of steel and therefore is difficult to cut through. That's going to take a while to cross.

Your post sounds like you think we should simply open the borders to anyone who wants to cross for any reason, since nothing could ever be 100% effective in every case. That sounds like quite the defeatest attitude.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: RickinVa

President Trump said today that terrorists banned on the No-Fly list are exploiting our southern border. It's only a matter of time before they blow up or shoot-up a populated gathering, like we see happen overseas. We've got to stop them from coming in, and hunt down the ones who have come in already.

Did you see that press conference? It made my brain hurt from the overload of stupidity. The Orange Idiot blathered pure nonsense that made no sense whatsoever. There's something wrong with him. He knows nothing about terrorism.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I would posit that right now, the “problem” keeping our government partially shut-down is the unwillingness of the under-qualified (to the point of incompetence) current occupant of Office of POTUs to own up to his overheated hyperbole and negotiate a workable compromise.

Had President Trump vetoed a bill, I could see your point. However, he has not. Not a single bill causing this shutdown has made it to his desk, so he has not had the opportunity to veto anything. He has only been able to say he would veto something that did not sufficiently address border security, and that he considers a wall a major requirement for border security. That is nothing new; he ran on that platform when he was elected.

As an aside, I find it strange that he is considered such a 'liar' so often, but when he says he will veto a bill suddenly he is being brutally honest... how does that work again? NM, it was rhetorical and I digress...

Instead, Congress has not been able to pass a bill for him to sign or veto. Now, I find it very interesting that so many people seem to want Trump to pass the bill for the Congress, in direct contradiction to the Congressional legislative mandate in the US Constitution, yet at the same time claim Trump is somehow abusing his power. Which is it? Do you want him to follow the Constitution or not?

While Congress was home on vacation, Trump was in the White Hose, tweeting out invitations for someone from Congress to come negotiate. During the more recent negotiations, Congressional Democrats not only refused to offer any negotiation terms, but withdrew previous offers to make the situation worse. it sounds to me like we already have a type of wall in DC: Congress. Maybe we should just move these Democrats who so oppose the wall to the border... maybe they can argue with MS13 about why they shouldn't cross the border.

Negotiation is not when someone gives an ultimatum then moves their position away from agreement during the negotiation process; that is the opposite of negotiation. Negotiation is when two parties with differing goals try to compromise on a solution that gives both parties involved part of what they want, but maybe neither gets everything they want.

The present situation is like someone trying to buy a car from a dealer who will not only not drop the terms to make the sale, but who is actually increasing the price as negotiations continue. That's not going to result in a sale, no matter how much you blame the guy trying to buy the car.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Am having quite the giggle reading some of the comments on this thread.

It’s almost like some of you think you’re living in a Tom Clancy novel.

Hell i think they should be the dammed wall but I am having a good chuckled.

There is not a more scared, paranoid, cowardly people than Americans! Just go through a US airport!
They see terrorists in every shadow and hiding under every bed!

No wonder they love their boom boom sticks so much as it's the only thing that calms their insecurity.

edit on 5-1-2019 by Unruhestifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Well hmmmm, Obama signed a total of 276 executive orders during his two terms. Less than GW Bush. Less than Reagan. And far less than the pace Trump is going.

Um. GW signed 291. Trump has signed 91 in his first 2 years. If he gets 8 years, like the presidents you're comparing him to, he's on pace for 364.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

There is not a more scared, paranoid, cowardly people than Americans! Just go through a US airport!

No wonder they love their boom boom sticks so much as it's the only thing that calms their insecurity.

I assume you never had to watch 3,000 of your countrymen and women die in one fell swoop from a terrorist attack in your country? Paranoid? A little and rightfully so. Cowards? No, try us.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

I assume you never had to watch 3,000 of your countrymen and women die in one fell swoop from a terrorist attack in your country? Paranoid? A little and rightfully so. Cowards? No, try us.

My country has had its fair share of terrorist attacks.

Paranoia means the terrorists win.

Cluck cluck America cluck cluck

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: abe froman

What should really alarm Americans is a political party that wants to open the border and let anyone in as long as they get votes.

So, you'd rather attack the character of the Senator than address his words and concerns?

LOL Nobody wants to "open the border" and let anybody in.. You've been watching too much fake news while drinking the orange Kool Aid!

Trump has no plan, no design, no environmental impact statements, for HIS ill conceived wall, that won't even work anyway.

you need to get informed, before you open that pie hole again.

thehill.com...

In a recent interview, Ellison suggested that because corporations “can go back and forth across the border seeking out the lowest wages,” regular people should be able to “go back and forth across the border seeking out the highest wages.” Not only is this statement in itself completely detached from reality, but it seems to suggest that if we cannot have wide open borders, then we must not have free trade at all. These remarks come just weeks after Ellison wore a shirt that read “yo no creo en fronteras,” which in English translates into “I do not believe in borders.” Troublingly, these views on immigration are not far out of line with the Democratic Party as a whole. In fact, a Harvard Harris poll last month states that a striking 36 percent of Democrats support “basically open borders.”

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Easy, we invade Mexico and it becomes the 51st state. no more cartels, no more corruption, and the Mexicans wont have to leave their house to become citizens or gain the benefit of being in the US. Problems solved and we wont need a wall. Fuk laws and rights, whatever benefits the state and her interests. old school style.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Here is what i want to know.

How did the US go from Mexico paying for a nonsensical wall, to not paying government employees until the American people pay for the wall???

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
The number of dead in yer statement is highly debatable. Don't believe everything you see and hear. Also this countries aspirations are built off of constructed tragedy to suit a groups agenda at a whim. Been happening since after WWII when they discovered there's money to be made in making the innocent suffer. This country has created every single boogeyman since pancho via. Don't buy into the rhetoric. If we had an actual emergency not created by the government you'd be on your own and they'd be crapping their pants.

Politics is pro-wrestling.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kookkook

But you won't even let Puerto Rico have a proper vote in the United States Congress, what chance would Mexico have of getting a fair deal there or becoming an actual state with actual votes that count?

Plus there are around 129.2 million Mexicans that may have some issue there, don't you imagine they have guns, and the will to defend their nation from invasion?
edit on 5-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: kookkook

But you won't even let Puerto Rico have a proper vote in the United States Congress, what chance would Mexico have of getting a fair deal there or becoming an actual state with actual votes that count?

Plus there are around 129.2 million Mexicans that may have some issue there, don't you imagine they have guns, and the will to defend their nation from invasion?

this is where the ole tired argument from the anti 2nd folks comes out. You think the Mexican people would have a chance with a few guns against tanks?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Let me be clear. Individual people have all kinds of personal ideas, philosophies and goals. There is no agenda within the Democratic Party Platform to "open borders" or eliminate borders or reduce border security. There is no legitimate 3rd, 4th or 5th political party in the USA that has any such platform, that I'm aware of...not Libertarians, not the Green Party, not the Tea Party.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think 129.2 million Mexicans might kick your arse back across that imaginary wall, to be honest, or at least give you a run for your money.

Tanks don't work too well where cities are concerned, death trap really for any half decent RPG round. Need to take their cities, so good luck there as some of those cartels are as well or better armed than your own troops, by your own alphabet agencies, who are there best customers.

Keep in mind what happened to Nazi Germany mate, because if the US ever pulled something along those lines, they would quite possibly share the same fate.
edit on 5-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join