It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says He May Declare a National Emergency to Get The US-Mex Border Wall Built.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Nukes are a ""deterrent"" do they stop war?

Guns are a deterrent, do they stop people shooting one another?

No they don't do they?

Deterrents are not a solution, plain as day really.
edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Trump claims Jebus is applicable TheRedneck, dont see why i cant.

Not sure who you're talking about. Who is this "Jebus" and when did Trump claim he was applicable to anything?

My reading skills are just fine thank you very much, two university degrees testify to that fact.

May I ask which Universities? I want to make sure I never waste my money going there.

Why would i be concerned about the lies in the Bible?

I certainly have no idea. Have you considered asking yourself that question?

Have a nice day yourself.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Nukes are a ""deterrent"" do they stop war?

They seemed to work quite well during the Cold War, seeing as the US and Russia are still here.

Guns are a deterrent, do they stop people shooting one another?

Why yes, yes they do. Happens every day... happened to me once.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Perceived concern about border issues by Americans prior to Trump was incredibly low. And rightfully so, because while it is a concern like many things, it's not something that is actually endangering the country. No more so than present threats and dangers already in our country, at any rate. He apparently has completely convinced his followers that it's an imperative - that we as a country are doomed if we don't get a wall built immediately. I really thought people were smarter than that.

And now he wants to commit a massive abuse of his powers, and his sheep are OK with it. Because they really DO think it's that much of a danger. It's laughably sad. Such pathetic arguments as "it's only a matter of time before a WMD comes through" and "their murderers are killing Americans!" Gun deaths = OK because they want their guns. A MUCH much lower % of gun deaths due to illegal immigrants and it's OK to call it a national emergency because.. they want their wall.

Double standards abound. And this is is NO way a national emergency. Nor an imminent peril to the United States. To think so really IS a new level of stupid.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Have a nice day TheRedneck and remember if you build it they will come, and if you don't build it they will still come anyway.

Last line is very telling. Sounds like someone is gleeful that illegal immigration is a real problem for America.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You ken just fine who ""Jebus"" is and so does Forest Trump. x

As to the universities, just the one and that would be Strathclyde with a degree in Media, Communication and Information Technology and an HND in Electronic & Electrical Engineering.

I don't imagine you would meet the entry requirements all the same.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, they had those at the Berlin wall when I visited there in 1968.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Perceived concern about border issues by Americans prior to Trump was incredibly low. And rightfully so, because while it is a concern like many things, it's not something that is actually endangering the country. No more so than present threats and dangers already in our country, at any rate. He apparently has completely convinced his followers that it's an imperative - that we as a country are doomed if we don't get a wall built immediately. I really thought people were smarter than that.

And now he wants to commit a massive abuse of his powers, and his sheep are OK with it. Because they really DO think it's that much of a danger. It's laughably sad. Such pathetic arguments as "it's only a matter of time before a WMD comes through" and "their murderers are killing Americans!" Gun deaths = OK because they want their guns. A MUCH much lower % of gun deaths due to illegal immigrants and it's OK to call it a national emergency because.. they want their wall.

Double standards abound. And this is is NO way a national emergency. Nor an imminent peril to the United States. To think so really IS a new level of stupid.

BS border concerns have been a issue to most Americans for decades and most administrations promised at one point or another to address the issue.

The problem like the NK problem never got addressed and it got kicked down the line to the next administration.

Trump was voted in mainly on this issue, most Americans have enough sense to know unwavering illegal immigrants crossing over the border and costing the tax payer BILLIONS A YEAR along with the crime "some" do in fact bring is an issue.
edit on 7-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Immigration is a real problem in quite a few first world nations if truth be told not just America.

The last line is what it is.

You can't stop people from moving around a world if they so desire, its simply what they do.

You have something they want you see, quite simple really.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You ken just fine who ""Jebus"" is and so does Forest Trump. x

As to the universities, just the one and that would be Strathclyde with a degree in Media, Communication and Information Technology and an HND in Electronic & Electrical Engineering.

I don't imagine you would meet the entry requirements all the same.

With those degrees it looks like you could afford more than a mid tier video card. What is that in there a lowly 1060 or something similar?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It doesn't have to have anything to do with Russia.
What does the trump foundation have to do with Russia?
What does campaign funds misappropriations have to do with Russia?

The list of crimes and inappropriate questionable behavior continues to grow.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, UAH, with honors. 12 hours from a Masters in Control Theory and Communication. AAS in Computer Information Systems.

Yeah, you're probably right.... I probably couldn't pass the entrance exams. I can read. And spell, too. Poor, pitiful me...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Now we are associating 140km walls with there rather larger unimplementable 3000km cousins??? Apples and Oranges my friend, Apples and Oranges!

Mate stick in at Geography, that's my two cents. LoL

I would have thought laws, never mind empathy stop people shooting one another not guns. Something Trump and his wall minions seem to be in rather short supply of, empathy that is.

Whos paying for this alleged wall again, coz its not Mexico now is it??? LoL

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Because they didn't have planes in the seventeenth century.
By quoting victories of the 1600's you are just reinforcing the idea that a wall is archaic.

A group of farmers conquered the British empire with muskets. Since we conquered an empire with such low level technology why should we employ modern weapons in war today?

why bother with progress at all when things were working just fine right? If it aint broke and all that???

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

That level of education and yet you think walls are the answer???

I would ask for a refund there mate, as just the engineering aspects alone should illuminate the shortcomings of nonsensical walls presenting an issue for any determined person.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Little off subject but the cards a GTX1070, so that's upper mid tier video card to the likes of yourself.

Guess you dont really know your arse from your elbow in that department as well as walls . LoL

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Little off subject but the cards a GTX1070, so that's upper mid tier video card to the likes of yourself.

Guess you dont really know your arse from your elbow in that department as well as walls . LoL

I was very close, point still stands 1070 Gtx isn't pushing 4k anywhere close to a decent frame-rate which is what I assume a person with a good education who makes good money would desire. I mean if your still stuck at 1080P you'll be fine. Hopefully you'll catch up next generation because 4k looks stunning.

edit on 7-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

To be honest i think i will skip this Nvidia 2070/2080 generation or simply upgrade around July to the better 1080Ti than my 1070 dependant on costs of course.

1440 or 2K is the 1070s sweet spot, though you might know that?

Don't really wish to catch up all the same, my boy's rig is the better system these days.

And now back on topic, i suggest.
edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Yes 1440 p is the sweet spot for now I believe and I mostly game at 1440p myself. I was just having a friendly go at you lol

Back on topic

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

No problem mate.

I game/work/edit at 1440p desktop or more often than not play titles on the secondary 50" LG TV, only at 60hz all the same..

4K gaming is just too costly to date, for me anyway.

Back on topic now, me too. LoL

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join