It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says He May Declare a National Emergency to Get The US-Mex Border Wall Built.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phrae
There is no longer a lack of jobs in America, Phrae. President Trump has taken care of that.

In fact, in his press conference this past Friday, President Trump said that the USA NEEDS immigrants because there is a shortage of labor. Those wanting to come here just need to follow the proper procedures for doing so, instead of sneaking into the country, he said.
edit on 1/6/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I had previously assumed that conservative ideology didn't support government land grabs (eminent domain). There are angry Republican's who's land is liable to be taken away too for Trump's wall.

Furthermore, aren't there court cases still ongoing regarding eminent domain grabs when Bush tried to put up walls on folks property?

It just seems unlikely that an even more conservative SC is going to shift course suddenly on what has historically been a bedrock issue for them.
edit on 01pm19fpmSun, 06 Jan 2019 20:54:11 -0600America/ChicagoSun, 06 Jan 2019 20:54:11 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

"We are all going to die, too. By your logic, should we speed that process up?

So stupid walls and government shutdowns will somehow slow it down?

As to Jesus, well there is no real evidence to suggest his actual existence, the guys most lightly a parable.

The world is mad TheRedneck, think everyone needs to step back and consider their future actions rather more carefully, else the sky may actually fall down to our own stupidity.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: angeldoll
Lol!

That's okay. Now Robert Mueller can add Abuse Of Power to his list of trumps charms.

hahahahah.

Howso?
What would this have to do with russia?

You people think Mueller can just investigate anything?

Welllll. You know what they say about going into a residence looking for illegal drugs and finding a dead body!

Interesting response
As interesting as your understanding of the Russia investigation.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

President Trump addressed an "eminent domain" question in his rose garden press conference this past Friday. Much of the land has already been purchased, due to the 2006 Secure Border Fence act passed by Democrats and Republicans.

Here is the President's answer. It goes over the heads of most media people in attendance, but the President has already decided to use the Military to Build the combo steel/concrete wall.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump addressed an "eminent domain" question in his rose garden press conference this past Friday. Much of the land has already been purchased, due to the 2006 Secure Border Fence act passed by Democrats and Republicans.

Here is the President's answer. It goes over the heads of most media people in attendance, but the President has already decided to use the Military to Build the combo steel/concrete wall.

Appreciate your explanation. What about the portions of land not covered under that act (and which I assume he intends to build the wall on)?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phrae

Using your money to make more money should be illegal.

We're going to need a lot more jails for all those criminal retirees!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

So stupid walls and government shutdowns will somehow slow it down?

Maintaining a secure border will. Always has.

As to Jesus, well there is no real evidence to suggest his actual existence, the guys most lightly a parable.

Then why bring Him up? Oh, right, because it helps Pelosi with the 'immoral' argument.

Conservatives and Trump supporters watch the news too, you know.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

"Conservatives and Trump supporters watch the news too, you know."

I'm surprised they can reach the remote.

Why should i not bring up Jesus? Trump never shuts up about the guy and his father ta boot.

What would Jesus say about the wall and the ""Illegal"" human beings???

Nothing good in support of such tyrannical draconian scheme that's a given, else someone was feeding me lies in Sunday School many Moons ago.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Why should i not bring up Jesus? Trump never shuts up about the guy and his father ta boot.

Oh, maybe for the same reason I don't get involved much in British politics: I don't know enough to contribute and don't want to look like a fool. So I read instead of write.

What would Jesus say about the wall and the ""Illegal"" human beings???

Why don't you ask Him?

I can't speak for Him, of course, but I have a feeling he would say something like no human is illegal for existing, and no one is saying they are; why are you lying? People are saying they committed illegal actions, which is true. I'm not sure He would be very pleased with the attempts to twist the narrative that way.

Just my opinion of course. Jesus didn't seem to do a lot of lying or twisting words around in the Gospels.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It is coming before the end of Jan . .

(((+)))

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Under a National Emergency declaration, if the landowner doesn't want to sell, the U.S. Govt pays the land-owner $$$, and he must relocate.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

This is off-topic, but since you mentioned the "Deep State", Adam Schiff announced today that he's going to try to get Donald Trump, JR. in a "perjury trap".

Now would certainly be a good time to Declassify, because Adam Schiff said today that he's turning over Donald Trump Jr.'s closed-session interview transcripts to Bob Mueller. Hoping Mueller can charge Trump Jr. with Lying to authorities.

CNN is licking their chops over this: www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: uncommitted

The president may declare a state of emergency.

Cheese and rice

.............. and open the door for that to be used should any future president be such a thin skinned childish dick which seems (hopefully) unlikely for the sake of your country. It also means the money has to come from the defence budget so possibly cutting into areas where it could be spent meaningfully - really well thought out from the childish one.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Or maybe you assume people who simply do not share your view to be foolish? LoL

Just because i don't hail from the US don't mean i cannot read, after all we share the same language.

Trumps an arse and walls are nonsensical stupid things that ladders and people simply circumvent, the rest of the world kens this just fine, only American Trump supporters cannot recognize that fact because they simply refuse to see the forest for the trees.

The reason you cannot speak for Jesus is that the Man does not exist, if you wish to look for lies, try the Bible, its full of them.

Look at it this way, even if this impossible wall somehow manages to be built, which it won't, Mexico sure won't be paying a dime, that will be the American people and taxpayers, so Trumps still full of crap where election promises are concerned. Nevermind the fact that Hillary is still on the lose and not in gaol nor going there any time soon. The guy lies TheRedneck "they" all do!

Just my opinion of course.
edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Every argument the Democrats put up is garbage. Pelosi has a wall around her vineyard estate in NoCal. One of Schumer's houses has a wall around it.

If we don't need walls on the border then their houses don't need walls either.

After visiting my home state, a southern border state after 10 years away I was shocked at how many Mexicans have moved in. They surely didn't immigrate there. My family confirmed, as did many lifelong friends - many are illegal.

Why do we have almost the only country outside of the EU that doesn't control our borders? Could it be the Democrats need illegal aliens to vote for them? I think so.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Do you imagine those walls around there properties would really stop determined minded people from scaling them or really offer anything other than a deterrent possibly adding aesthetic value?

Would a ladder and darkness not simply facilitate there defeat, just like every other wall in recorded history?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Or maybe you assume people who simply do not share your view to be foolish? LoL

Just because i don't hail from the US don't mean i cannot read, after all we share the same language.

No, the fact that you just tried to claim that I called someone who disagreed with me foolish, when I called anyone who speaks to things they do not comprehend well, including me, foolish, is demonstration you have difficulty reading. It has nothing to do with where you're from, and I didn't even make the accusation. Look in the mirror.

Trumps an arse

Good thing he isn't your President.

and walls are nonsensical stupid things

I highly suggest y'all don't build one then.

that ladders and people simply circumvent

We'll make sure not to supply those attempting to enter illegally with ladders. Thank you for the advice.

the rest of the world kens this just fine, only American Trump supporters cannot recognize that fact because they simply refuse to see the forest for the trees.

Oh, it just looks that way to you. Might be because you're being blinded by hate toward someone that doesn't even affect you?

The reason you cannot speak for Jesus is that the Man does not exist, if you wish to look for lies, try the Bible, its full of them.

Curious that you were the one who claimed that somehow Jesus was applicable to this subject, and now that you got called out on your BS you want to claim He didn't even exist (there is plenty of archaeological evidence He certainly did, BTW). So stop with the religious flip-flopping. If you're so concerned with supposed lies in the Bible, start a thread in the right forum and list them, please.

Before you do, though, I highly suggest a remedial reading course and then actually reading the book. Just my opinion of course.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Do you imagine those walls around there properties would really stop determined minded people from scaling them or really offer anything other than a deterrent possibly adding aesthetic value?

By Robert E. Lee's 732nd mustache whisker, I think you finally got it! Walls are deterrents!

Glad we agree on that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Trump claims Jebus is applicable TheRedneck, dont see why i cant.

My reading skills are just fine thank you very much, two university degrees testify to that fact.

Why would i be concerned about the lies in the Bible? Was not me that fashioned the article nor the control constructs contained within after all.

I highly suggest a POTUS that's not bright orange, racist, xenophobic and senile ta boot, but again that's just my opinion.

Have a nice day TheRedneck and remember if you build it they will come, and if you don't build it they will still come anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join