It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm interested in becoming a Mason

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thank you! I just hope they accept me.

M15

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ServoHahn
I want to go to the streets and cry that it's not fair that George W. Bush is the president and not me. It's not fair that he's a Mason and I am not. It's not fair that he knows secrets and truths that I've yearned for all of my life. It's not fair that he, like so many, inherited a fortune that he did not earn. And it's not fair that Masons gave him advantages that they haven't offered to me.

George W. Bush is not a mason.

Nothing is fair in this world. That is why we have a Justice Department.

But then again, if this joke below is true, then you wont get a fair trial.

Just before the sentence was executed, the hangman asked the man if he had any last words. "Yes" came his reply, "I hate Masons!" "Why do you hate Masons?" asked the hangman. "The man I killed was a Mason," explained the murderer, "the sheriff who hunted me down was a Mason, the Prosecutor who tried my case was a Mason, the Judge who presided at the trial was a Mason, and all of the men on the jury who found me guilty and said I should be hanged were Masons!"

"Is that all?" asked the hangman, " "Yes" replied the convicted murder. "Then you will advance one step with your left foot."

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I just finished reading THE HIRAM KEY - by KNIGHT AND LOMAS
It really explains a lot of the misconceptions of the Masons, as well as some history not known by many of the initiates. I learned a great deal from it and got my answers that I had.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I just finished reading THE HIRAM KEY - by KNIGHT AND LOMAS
It really explains a lot of the misconceptions of the Masons, as well as some history not known by many of the initiates. I learned a great deal from it and got my answers that I had.

I didn't like how much the author speculated. Basically all of his theories were based on speculation and circumstance. The history part of the book was good and I liked his theories, but I found them hard to take seriously becayse he didn't back anything up with evidence. That bugged me.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by M15

Originally posted by ServoHahn
I want to go to the streets and cry that it's not fair that George W. Bush is the president and not me. It's not fair that he's a Mason and I am not. It's not fair that he knows secrets and truths that I've yearned for all of my life. It's not fair that he, like so many, inherited a fortune that he did not earn. And it's not fair that Masons gave him advantages that they haven't offered to me.

George W. Bush is not a mason.

How quick of you. Have you bothered reading any of the rest of the thread, or do you just skip to the good parts?
-S

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

if you wanna be a mason, you cant smoke pot bro. Nothing that goes against the law, im afraid.

Products made out of hemp have nothing to do with smoking pot. They are made out of industrial type of plant (Cannabis sativa). Those products are seeds for feeding the animals, oil for cosmetic and cleaning products, ropes, strings, belts, sails, bags, clothes, paper etc. Those products are extremely durable and bio degredable. On the other hand the female plant of cannabis (semiripe nuts) are producing sticky oil that have halucinogenic effect and from that part they are producing hashish.

In my country you can grow pot for industrial use. Production of female plants and using them (cooking, smoking, distributing) is illegal.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

[edit on 22-3-2005 by yanchek]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by HALLOWEEN78
Yeah. I feared that this would be the case. My local lodge is Dallas Lodge #760. Oh well. Three years will be here before I know it. Plus, I guess that this is a blessing in disguise. I think it better to at least have some college under my belt, and be on my own before trying to join.

Thanks for all of the information guys!

Three years will indeed go quickly....and more so as you get older I'm sorry to say.
I was a Senior in college when I joined the Lodge and it seemed to be the right time. I think had I joined at 18 (which my state allowed) I may not have had the time or even the genuine interest with college before me...)

Good luck to you!

I think that you have to be over 30 years old before you can join the lodge. Exception is made if your father is already member of the lodge.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, their web site said 21. I hope it's 21 lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I think that you have to be over 30 years old before you can join the lodge. Exception is made if your father is already member of the lodge.

I dont know anywhere in the world where you have to be 30 before you can join a masonic lodge. Some places had a limit of 25, but Im not sure if this is still the case. I can't imaging the age limit ever being more than 21, especially nowadays.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm from EU and one of our journalist infiltrated masonic lodge and wrote book about it. Maybe they have different rules.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

Originally posted by sebatwerk

if you wanna be a mason, you cant smoke pot bro. Nothing that goes against the law, im afraid.

Products made out of hemp have nothing to do with smoking pot. They are made out of industrial type of plant (Cannabis sativa). Those products are seeds for feeding the animals, oil for cosmetic and cleaning products, ropes, strings, belts, sails, bags, clothes, paper etc. Those products are extremely durable and bio degredable. On the other hand the female plant of cannabis (semiripe nuts) are producing sticky oil that have halucinogenic effect and from that part they are producing hashish.

In my country you can grow pot for industrial use. Production of female plants and using them (cooking, smoking, distributing) is illegal.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

[edit on 22-3-2005 by yanchek]

Yanchek,
judging by your use of the word "cheers", I'm going to assume that you live in a more liberal country than mine? We are not allowed to grow any kind of scheduled plant here in the States (unless you somehow get a really hard to come by permit and not even people who medically need herb can get it). Not even the males or separate, non-THC producing canniboids just because it's "hard" to tell the difference and it's "hard" for inspectors to keep from raiding a property they suspect is a hydroponic lab regardless of what particular type of plant you're growing.

We can import hemp products galore (at artificially higher prices). And possession of marijuana (first offence here in California) is only a $100 dollar ticket, as is possession of paraphernalia. The funny thing is, is that it's perfectly legal to by a glass "tobacco" pipe and a glass "water pipe" and smoke anything legal (salvia, tobacco, mouse testicles) out of it. But god help you should a cop ever see it. If they think it might have "residue" in it, they may just give you a ticket regardless of whether or not it's proven to have marijuana residue in it without having to back up the claim, or they may arrest you under suspicion and then let you go. Or they may just break the thing on the pavement and tell you to go away, OR (as has happened to me a couple of times) they just give it back and tell you to "keep that kind of thing at home"... I like those guys.

It's legal to possess seeds (but not to grow). It's legal to possess mushroom spores (but not to grow). Weed is trying so hard to be legal! At one time in Nevada, you could get 25 years for possession.

Anyway, none of that was to the point (and none of it relevant in this thread). The only real point I was making was the insane amounts of admittedly ridiculous anti-marijuana propaganda that appeared just before and after its illegalization in the States. Oh, and some vague connection to a freemason (though at that time you could connect anything to a freemason because everyone seemed to have been one) which I didn't expect to stick anyway.

The propaganda may, however, been sponsored by companies which had a lot to gain from scaring people away from weed and hemp products (and I know many, MANY more pot-heads than I do people who use hemp paper or drive cars fueled with biodiesel made from canniboids). I mean, the stuff could save our rainforests, save our last few remaining drops of crude oil for if we ABSOLUTELY need them sometime from 2100 (when we should an oil free world unless we cut our oil usage in HALF TODAY) and... I dunno... the year 3000 (when, if humans still exist, oil should be some kind of myth or fairy tale), help with the hunger problem (weed is nutritious, but admittedly awful tasting, and grows in almost any non-frozen climate), and can be used to make many products we use today stronger, longer lasting, better smelling, etc. like rope, paper, and clothing.

It almost sounds like a miracle plant. I really miss smoking the stuff too *tear*, but I've moved on to bigger, more addictive, more intoxicating substances... like BOOZE!

Sebatwerk,
oh shoot, and I was SO looking forward to applying. Oh well.
-S

[edit on 24-3-2005 by ServoHahn]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join