It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm interested in becoming a Mason

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Oswald's death
On November 24, at 11:21 am CST, after 15 hours of undocumented interrogations, while he was being transferred via car to a nearby jail, Oswald was shot and killed in the basement of the Dallas police jail, in front of live TV cameras, by Jack Ruby a Dallas nightclub owner with friends and acquaintances in the U.S. mafia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe the guys at the largest on line encyclopedia have got it wrong ?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott

Oswald's death
On November 24, at 11:21 am CST, after 15 hours of undocumented interrogations, while he was being transferred via car to a nearby jail, Oswald was shot and killed in the basement of the Dallas police jail, in front of live TV cameras, by Jack Ruby a Dallas nightclub owner with friends and acquaintances in the U.S. mafia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe the guys at the largest on line encyclopedia have got it wrong ?

Maybe the reptilian 33rd degree mason overlords from the center of the Earth really killed him?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
All I did was maention that I was interested in becoming a Mason and it's like I swatted a beehive just to see what would happen. Sorry fellas!! My apologies. We have gotten way off track here.

I want to thank those of you that responded to my post and offered me information and links to more sites. Many Thanks to you, you know who you are, and your guidance has been most welcomed.

As for the kooks, and I mean that in a nice way, some of you are off in left feild. I'm sure you mean well, but lighten up. If these gentlemen wanted to rule the world, I'm sure that we would be the last to know it. HEHEHE !!!!

The Oswald comment was way out there, maybe it was an honest mistake. But I distinctly remeber seeing film of Ruby blowing Oswald away in the basement of the Dallas PD basement. Of course, some good editing and a few quite nods could have made this into a giant conspiracy also, I suppose.

Just thought I would stir the pot some more!!!

If any of you have more good sites I could check out let me know. I would like to check them out. It seems that my application will be voted on in the first business meeting in April, then we will see how it goes fron there.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by sharkman]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharkman
All I did was maention that I was interested in becoming a Mason and it's like I swatted a beehive just to see what would happen. Sorry fellas!! My apologies. We have gotten way off track here.

I want to thank those of you that responded to my post and offered me information and links to more sites. Many Thanks to you, you know who you are, and your guidance has been most welcomed.

As for the kooks, and I mean that in a nice way, some of you are off in left feild. I'm sure you mean well, but lighten up. If these gentlemen wanted to rule the world, I'm sure that we would be the last to know it. HEHEHE !!!!

The Oswald comment was way out there, maybe it was an honest mistake. But I distinctly remeber seeing film of Ruby blowing Oswald away in the basement of the Dallas PD basement. Of course, some good editing and a few quite nods could have made this into a giant conspiracy also, I suppose.

Just thought I would stir the pot some more!!!

If any of you have more good sites I could check out let me know. I would like to check them out. It seems that my application will be voted on in the first business meeting in April, then we will see how it goes fron there.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by sharkman]

Congratulations on your petition! You're definitely in for the most unique experience of your life. I see that you're from San Diego. Let me know when your initiation is, maybe I'll drive down and participate.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Originally posted by ServoHahn
Jack Ruby (Jacob Rubenstien) had seven birthdays? March 3, March 13, March 19, March 25, April 21, April 25, April 26, and June 23rd? It must have been dreadful to shop for him. But I stand by what I said. Lee Harvey Oswald hung himself in his cell... possibly aided by Scrappy or Shaggy.

DUDE!! LEE HARVEY OSWALD WAS SHOT ON LIVE TV!! How can you not know this? EVERYBODY saw it. It's played over and over again all the time. What are you TALKING about!?!?

Am I missing the joke or something?

[edit on 16-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

Yes, well I was trying to be ironic. I put in that bit about the confusion on Bubenstien's birthday to show that I'm not ignorant of how it happened. I guess I was too unobvious.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServoHahn
Yes, well I was trying to be ironic. I put in that bit about the confusion on Bubenstien's birthday to show that I'm not ignorant of how it happened. I guess I was too unobvious.

Ah... yeah it's hard to display sarcasm over a message board
I didn't think someone could really be THAT out of it, but I guess you never know.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Word, brutha. Sharky, keep us updated on how everything goes for you.
-S

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I was just wondering, real fast, how old do you have to be? 18 and up? 24 and up? what? Just curious, 'cause I'm 18.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I was just wondering, real fast, how old do you have to be? 18 and up? 24 and up? what? Just curious, 'cause I'm 18.

If you mean to join Masonry you need to contact your local Lodge or Grand Lodge. It varies some places its 18 most are 21. I think there is also a special
"rule" that allows a Masons son to join at 18 but not possitive.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thanks! I'll definently check into it.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i would like to join too

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
sebatwerk, thanks for your offer. I'll keep you up to date. I guess I'll be hearing in a few weeks.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I do hope that I'm not too young.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharkman
sebatwerk, thanks for your offer. I'll keep you up to date. I guess I'll be hearing in a few weeks.

Awesome!
Good luck, brother.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Rule of thumb, the age limit is 21, except for a lewis, and I believe students of Oxford (not sure on that one though).

A lewis is the son or grandson of a Mason, who is allowed to be initiated at the age of 18, and if there is another candidate to be initiated they tend to put the lewis through first.

There are some places that allow petitions at 18, but seeing as most junior organizations, relating to freemasonry, have an age range ending at 20, I would think the majority state 21.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well, heck.
I'll still check with my local lodge, but looks as though I'm going to have to wait three years.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You are in a state that has a requirement of 21yrs of age.

Granted that this Lodge may not be in your area.....

www.travis-lodge.com...

that page states

From www.travis-lodge.com...

Be a man, at least 21 years old (18 in some jurisdictions under specific requirements, but not in Texas).

The Texas Grand Lodge website is:

www.grandlodgeoftexas.org...

They have a "Lodge Finder" section that may be of some help if you are not familiar with your local Lodge.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah. I feared that this would be the case. My local lodge is Dallas Lodge #760. Oh well. Three years will be here before I know it. Plus, I guess that this is a blessing in disguise. I think it better to at least have some college under my belt, and be on my own before trying to join.

Thanks for all of the information guys!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HALLOWEEN78
I guess that this is a blessing in disguise. I think it better to at least have some college under my belt, and be on my own before trying to join.

I definitely agree. I'm not saying you're immature, but Freemasonry definitely isn't for those that don't take things seriously. MUCH better to gain some real life experience first.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HALLOWEEN78
Yeah. I feared that this would be the case. My local lodge is Dallas Lodge #760. Oh well. Three years will be here before I know it. Plus, I guess that this is a blessing in disguise. I think it better to at least have some college under my belt, and be on my own before trying to join.

Thanks for all of the information guys!

Three years will indeed go quickly....and more so as you get older I'm sorry to say.
I was a Senior in college when I joined the Lodge and it seemed to be the right time. I think had I joined at 18 (which my state allowed) I may not have had the time or even the genuine interest with college before me...)

Good luck to you!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join