It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm interested in becoming a Mason

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
if you meet a Mason and you see that they are not going to say to you " Hey I have an organization for you!" If you want to know anything about being a Mason ASK. This is why the say is 2B1 ASK1.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
billmcelligott, thanks for the links, very interesting reading. Also, I turned in my application day before yesterday and also spoke to an old friend whom I worked with several years ago who happens to be a Mason. He was very helpful and willing to answer some of my questions, the ones that he could of course. It looks as if the lodge that I applied to will be voting on my application around the first of next month and I'm looking forward to seeing how the process developes.
Thanks Again, SHARKMAN

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
As long as you don't question any of the cult's beliefs, don't worry, you're in!

You get kicked out for being found guilty of a crime, not for committing one. How about breaking a commandment? Are Masons kicked out for that?

Of course not, that would just be silly, and make Masonry a religious group, instead of quasi-religious.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Akilles have a question for you... If you think that Masons are a cult then how come the person who leads the group changes EVERY year? It changes at the highest level all the way down to the the individual lodge level. And the last time that I heard of a Cult the United States Government got involved and took down the house and the leader of that organiztion. A cult has one person that says what goes and does not change to someone else.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
You get kicked out for being found guilty of a crime, not for committing one.

How would anyone know you've committed it if you have been found guilty?

How about breaking a commandment? Are Masons kicked out for that?

Not everyone believes in the commandments, and as Freemasonry is not a religous organisation the rules specific to a religion are not applicable. Each mason has the responsibility of staying true to his faith, it is not the responsibilty of Freemaasonry to check.

Of course not, that would just be silly,

Can't disagree with that

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well, good luck.
i am interested in becoming a Mason too, have to wait till im 21
two more years!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Well, good luck.
i am interested in becoming a Mason too, have to wait till im 21
two more years!

That would depend on where you are some districts will allow initiation at 18.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott
That would depend on where you are some districts will allow initiation at 18.

I asked the one near me (Canterbury, Kent UK) and its 21 to join them. Im looking forwarding to joining up (if they let me) when im 21

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I asked the one near me (Canterbury, Kent UK) and its 21 to join them. Im looking forwarding to joining up (if they let me) when im 21

Your just over the water from me then. you come under the Province of East Kent. I am in Essex.

www.grandlodge-england.org...

It is usual for candidates to be "mature men of 21 years and over", but in some circumstances candidates between the ages of 18 and 21 can be admitted.

So your right , unless there is some special circumstance. if your keen I would get an application in well in advance it can take a year to get in.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

As long as you don't question any of the cult's beliefs, don't worry, you're in!

You get kicked out for being found guilty of a crime, not for committing one. How about breaking a commandment? Are Masons kicked out for that?

Of course not, that would just be silly, and make Masonry a religious group, instead of quasi-religious.

Akilles: In the US we are innocent until proven guilty. I know it's a tough concept for you to understand, but try: accusations require proof in order for people to believe them.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharkman
I turned in my application day before yesterday and also spoke to an old friend whom I worked with several years ago who happens to be a Mason. He was very helpful and willing to answer some of my questions, the ones that he could of course. It looks as if the lodge that I applied to will be voting on my application around the first of next month and I'm looking forward to seeing how the process developes.

Congratulations, Sharkman! I'm sure you'll find your masonic experience, which begins as soon as you're desirious of being a mason, to be one of the best in your life. Don't listen to all the trolls on this board, they're just jealous of what we have.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thanks sebatwerk! I'm doing alot of reading on my own, especially about the history of the Mason's.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
History of Freemasonry:
Part 1: Convince everyone there is no intent to lead them, don't worry, you are deciding what goes on in this country for yourselves.

Part 2: Convince them they are apart of the process, whether they like it or not.

Part 3: Tell the Herd what to do. Hell, if they are dumb enough to follow our instruction, they deserve to serve.

Part 4: People who think for themselves must be brought along in the Masonic line of thinking, or told they are wrong.

So if the new cult leader spouts the same # as the old cult leader, and the teachings remain the same, then tell me how does it matter that the leader is recycled?

If the Master of the Lodge actually had power to change Land Marks of Freemasonry maybe he wouldn't be considered such a figure head in my eyes. But clearly, the unseen creators of Masonry have made those unassailable.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The leadership doesn't change greatly, there are elections but the environment and the individuals within a lodge are so controlled that will vote for the same candidate as they are prompted to even if they are unaware of it.
That is the beauty of mind control - an individual actually believes he is making his own decisions.
We are not talking about metaphorical brainwashing here - it's the real thing in the lodge.
Everything is about "group relationships" etc... and the "leadership groups" have their own pecking order that is not necessarily visible to an inferior lodge.
Most (probably all) Worshipful Masters of Blue Lodges for are members of higher lodges and it is questionable whether being the Worship Master of a Blue Lodge is really that high an honor as it means you have to spend your time directing the plebian foot soldiers around rather than rubbing shoulders with members in the Chapter Rose Croix for example or likewise themselves with Aerogagus of Kadosh etc...

[edit on 12-3-2005 by MrNECROS]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
The leadership doesn't change greatly, there are elections but the environment and the individuals within a lodge are so controlled that will vote for the same candidate as they are prompted to even if they are unaware of it.
That is the beauty of mind control - an individual actually believes he is making his own decisions.
We are not talking about metaphorical brainwashing here - it's the real thing in the lodge.
Everything is about "group relationships" etc... and the "leadership groups" have their own pecking order that is not necessarily visible to an inferior lodge.
Most (probably all) Worshipful Masters of Blue Lodges for are members of higher lodges and it is questionable whether being the Worship Master of a Blue Lodge is really that high an honor as it means you have to spend your time directing the plebian foot soldiers around rather than rubbing shoulders with members in the Chapter Rose Croix for example or likewise themselves with Aerogagus of Kadosh etc...

Dude WHAT are you talking about?!?!? Nothing you have said applies to masonry. Pecking order? Foot soldiers!? It's a fraternity!!! You are SO completely out of touch with reality that it's actually kind of sad. I just really hope nobody reads your nonsense and believes it. Otherwise, I could care less what you post. You SERIOUSLY need to visit a lodge and finally start to realize that NOTHING you have said applies to a fraternity.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You know, disassociation is actually quite applicable to Freemasonry.

I mean, come on, the One Day Scottish Rite Marathon? That is meant to get your head out of the game in a hurry. Think back to your days in school! This time without any pretty girls to look at!

Like listening to a never-ending sermon, your mind will drift, drift, away...

The Pecking order also applies, as certain individuals are needed to perform Rituals, are they not? Is it not made to look as though not any one could perform the rituals (aww man, I don't want to memorize all that).

Freemasonry, primarily an organization to take good men, and acquaint them with deception. And proceeds to tell them this is the real world. Everyone else just wishes they were in our position.

Whats next, labeling someone who says no Intellectual or Moral man who join an Org they knew nothing about, Anti-Truth and Hater of Freedom?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You know, disassociation is actually quite applicable to Freemasonry.

Akilles, answer me honestly. How can you think you know so much about Freemasonry, even its inner workings, when you have never been a member?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS

Viewers just take a stroll round some Grand lodge web sites you will find regular change of Grand masters , usually they post up their acceptance speach.

Yes Folks only people who post on ATS have any independant thought , the rest of the world are mindless drones?

Not sure if that is a compliment or a critisism? but the Master of each Lodge in most circumstances is changed each year, the fact is that every Mason could be master of his Lodge at some point if he wishes to be.

In my Lodge we have some ten Rugby Players , avearge weight about 17 stone. I would not advise anyone including the Master to order them about like "plebian foot soldiers", not a healthy past time.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Masons and applicants. I know this might be hard, but could you explain a little about why you joined the Masons and why you thought the Masons would be the best organization to fill your needs?
-T
P.S. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServoHahn
Masons and applicants. I know this might be hard, but could you explain a little about why you joined the Masons and why you thought the Masons would be the best organization to fill your needs?
-T
P.S. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it. My dollar says "mason" on it.

I joined because I was looking for brotherhood and for a unique learning experience unlike any that I had ever experienced before. Masonry definitely didn't disappoint on either part. AFTER I joined masonry, then came other benefits which I had not been looking for originally but that definitely made an impact in my life nonetheless.

What's with your P.S.?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join