It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Democrats want America to look like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is exactly how we are all going to end up if some people (cough cough Democrats) have their way
Right now I think they are using the old tactic Ask for something really crazy and outlandish so that later what they ask for won't seem so bad.

We don't have to guess or wonder about what will happen to the US, some states are already showing us!
Let's take a good look at Illinois: ( of course you can put New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California and a couple of other states right in here too)

There are some ATS members that think that people will just accept higher taxes. I don't think that is the case. There is a breaking point and I think we are getting really close to that cusp, more so in some states.

So I present to you what the rest of America might look like if some people have their way:

Pensions
www.illinoispolicy.org...
"Werner took in $265,580 this past year, meaning he received more in one year than he contributed during 36 years of work. His total pension contributions were $246,018."

Gas Taxes
"PROPOSAL WOULD MAKE ILLINOIS GAS TAX BURDEN THE HIGHEST IN THE NATION"

other taxes
"STUDY: ILLINOIS HOME TO HIGHEST OVERALL TAX BURDEN IN THE NATION"

Quality of life
patch.com...
"Illinois Among Worst States For Quality Of Life
The rankings to determine quality of life evaluated the natural and social environment in every state — and Illinois didn't do so well."

Gun Control
www.axios.com...
"The Chicago Police Department recovered 7,000 guns per year that had been illegally owned or associated with a crime between 2013 and 2016, according to a report published by the mayor's office."

Exodus
"EACH DAY, A PLANE FULL OF ILLINOISANS MOVING TO ANOTHER STATE"

www.usatoday.com...
2. Illinois
1-yr pop. growth rate: -0.29%
Current population: 12.80 million
2015 population: 12.84 million
10-yr pop. growth rate: 1.25%
While the population of Illinois has increased nearly every year in the past five decades, the state’s population declined in 2014, 2015 and 2016. The state’s population shrank by 0.3% in 2016, the second fastest pace of decline of any state. A large share of the population loss was due to residents leaving the Chicago-Naperville-Elgin metro area. In a survey conducted by the Chicago Tribune, residents who had moved out of the city in recent years cited high taxes, unemployment, poor weather, and violent crime as primary reasons for leaving Chicago. The population of Chicago decreased by 19,570 residents in 2016, more than half of the state’s overall population loss of 37,508 residents.

edit on 4-1-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Having grown up in that state, I remember as a kid my parents complained about how high the property taxes were. I moved out of that state in 78 and never looked back. Actually it was because of the job situations and crappy cold winter weather.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Being a liberal Democrat I would be happy if the perception about wealth inequality were equal to the reality of wealth inequality:

And if something were done about this disturbing fact:

Purchasing Power of the Consumer Dollar

It absolutely doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. What DOES matter is the purchasing power of your take home pay!!!

edit on 4-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Right now I think they are using the old tactic Ask for something really crazy and outlandish so that later what they ask for won't seem so bad.
Is that not what trump says? You idolize trump for saying it do you not?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Being a liberal Democrat I would be happy if the perception about wealth inequality were equal to the reality of wealth inequality:

And if something were done about this disturbing fact:

Purchasing Power of the Consumer Dollar

It absolutely doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. What DOES matter is the purchasing power of your take home pay!!!

This is where the politician mind controls the population but distorting the fact, its all about what you take home after taxes. They don't want you to speak up about it. Period.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Is that not what trump says? You idolize trump for saying it do you not?

No I don't idolize Trump, and I'm not sure if he ever said that, but it is what I believe. It's a very common negotiation tactic.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What the democrats want America to look like,check out Venezuela.
Then you will get an idea of what they want!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The democratic ideology has gone too far. Freedom, prevention of government expansion, taxation on unalienable rights, no right to privacy. No private property rights. No civilian ownership outside of government approval,

If in the medieval times when a monarchy ruled, this is the same as the democratic point of view. It is the same point of view monarchist ww1 brits had. Everything is fine unless you’re not valuable enough to support the upper class with your middle class labour.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Soviet freakin' Union.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Well in that case lets lower taxes to near zero!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Demographics will always be more important than politics. What we're seeing in the US is not a consequence of political ideology, it's a consequence of the Baby Boomers / Hippies / Yuppies doing what they've always done. Manipulating the system to enhance, solidify and protect their personal wealth. You would do it, too, if you had the opportunity. Newsguy John Stossel once called it "enlightened self-interest."

Democrats or Republicans. Makes no difference. And it's just foolish to think of this as an "us versus them" political problem.

This will all eventually change when the Boomers really start dying in droves from old age. Unfortunately, a huge chunk of their accumulated wealth won't be put back into the system, but will instead be sucked up by the information, insurance and medical corporations.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
This is exactly how we are all going to end up if some people (cough cough Democrats) have their way

We don't have to guess or wonder about what will happen to the US, some states are already showing us!
Let's take a good look at Illinois: ( of course you can put New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California and a couple of other states right in here too)

There are some ATS members that think that people will just accept higher taxes. I don't think that is the case. There is a breaking point and I think we are getting really close to that cusp, more so in some states.

So I present to you what the rest of America might look like if some people have their way:

Pensions
"Werner took in $265,580 this past year, meaning he received more in one year than he contributed during 36 years of work. His total pension contributions were $246,018."

Gas Taxes
"PROPOSAL WOULD MAKE ILLINOIS GAS TAX BURDEN THE HIGHEST IN THE NATION"

other taxes
"STUDY: ILLINOIS HOME TO HIGHEST OVERALL TAX BURDEN IN THE NATION"

Quality of life
patch.com...
"Illinois Among Worst States For Quality Of Life
The rankings to determine quality of life evaluated the natural and social environment in every state — and Illinois didn't do so well."

Gun Control
www.axios.com...
"The Chicago Police Department recovered 7,000 guns per year that had been illegally owned or associated with a crime between 2013 and 2016, according to a report published by the mayor's office."

Exodus
"EACH DAY, A PLANE FULL OF ILLINOISANS MOVING TO ANOTHER STATE"

www.usatoday.com...
2. Illinois
1-yr pop. growth rate: -0.29%
Current population: 12.80 million
2015 population: 12.84 million
10-yr pop. growth rate: 1.25%
While the population of Illinois has increased nearly every year in the past five decades, the state’s population declined in 2014, 2015 and 2016. The state’s population shrank by 0.3% in 2016, the second fastest pace of decline of any state. A large share of the population loss was due to residents leaving the Chicago-Naperville-Elgin metro area. In a survey conducted by the Chicago Tribune, residents who had moved out of the city in recent years cited high taxes, unemployment, poor weather, and violent crime as primary reasons for leaving Chicago. The population of Chicago decreased by 19,570 residents in 2016, more than half of the state’s overall population loss of 37,508 residents.

As a resident of Hellinois, this state is definitely a poster child for liberal and corrupt Democrat excesses. I was going to do a post about Ed Burke, a long time and powerful Chicago Alderman being indicted by the FBI this week for trying to shake down businesses in his ward.

The only thing I will say is that Chicago is is losing a lot of residents as your article states, but is in fact gaining a lot of high income/highly educated earners. Most of the loss is from the lower income demographic (mostly poor blacks). Chicago is a top destination for households earning over $200k now.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The only thing I will say is that Chicago is is losing a lot of residents as your article states, but is in fact gaining a lot of high income/highly educated earners.

I wonder if those high earners will stay? Most people would say 200K is high, but in that area it is average at best. I know tons of people in Illinois that make that or more and certainly don't feel like top earners there!
Yes and I read about Ed Burke, more of the same ol' same ol'!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Edumakated

The only thing I will say is that Chicago is is losing a lot of residents as your article states, but is in fact gaining a lot of high income/highly educated earners.

I wonder if those high earners will stay? Most people would say 200K is high, but in that area it is average at best. I know tons of people in Illinois that make that or more and certainly don't feel like top earners there!
Yes and I read about Ed Burke, more of the same ol' same ol'!

Yes, $200k is not wealthy in Chicago. It is a middle class life if you live in the city or close in suburbs. You aren't broke, but you certainly aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination. A starter condo in a nice neighborhood in Chicago will run $400-$600k for a 2 bedroom / 2 bath. Single family homes in the best neighborhoods are easily $1.25-$1.5. Gentrifying areas you might find a house for $800k and it still may need some work.

Chicago is attracting a lot of tech and financial services jobs, all of which are very high paid. Most of the major corporations have moved their headquarters back into city from the suburbs. The economy is BOOMING if you are highly educated.

The exodus of residents is largely the poor and uneducated. The city really has nothing to offer them at this point to be frank. It is too expensive and not much by way of job prospects. The public schools suck. Not too mention to escape the thugs that have taken over the south and west sides.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

America, meet the Pelosi House.

Articles of impeachment,
a move to abolish the electoral college,
comparisons of the president to Hitler,
a nonstarter vote on the shutdown,
profanity,
a proposal for a 70% tax on the "wealthy"

--all under 36 hours.

Wait till they get rolling!

twitter.com...