It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Democrats Introduce Bill To Eliminate Electoral College

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Democrats could pass this in the House...

You're exactly the type of person I am referring to when I say people don't understand how our Constitution functions.

Look up 'super majority'.

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

"A dictatorship of the majority"

LOL.

What's funny about it? In Canada our federal elections are all but over before I even cast my vote. The true meaning of a meaningless vote.

By the time 2 provinces have their votes tallied the rest of the country, due to time zones, might as well not even bother.

In the last federal election the current PM didn't even come to my province and all but ignored 3 others.

Why? Because he didn't need our votes so had no interest or incentive to hear about the issues here.

THAT is tyranny of the majority.

And guess what? Since he's been elected he has done everything he can to torpedo our economies and has given us the shaft at every turn.

Why? Because we have zero say and he doesn't need our votes.

That's the tyranny of the majority that in your ignorance you scoff at.

Real hilarious isn't it? Sooooo funny hey?

That's how civil wars start.

Oh now wouldn't THAT be hilarious hey?

link   
Just remember, “No one is coming for your guns. That would be a radical change to the Constitution.” Oh wait...this is about trying a different radical change to the Constitution. No, Democrats are not anti-American at all. Nothing to see here.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Could you please write a coherent response?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Democrats are stupid.

I mean really batcrap crazy stupid.

The kind of stupid that they have to wear helmets just to go to toilet.

What ever happened to representing the people, and putting laws forward that would benefit the people?

It's sad theatre.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You're exactly the type of person I am referring to when I say people don't understand how our Constitution functions.

Look up 'super majority'.

I understand very well how our Constitution functions, but that hasn't stopped democrats and RINOs from implementing unConstitutional laws.

As an example, the Federal Reserve as per the Constitution is an unConstitutional agency with no oversight.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Any Means Necessary

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Why are you even concerned with this? Neither has any chance of becoming a new amendment to the Constitution.

It is a seed they are planting. Seeds grow over time especially if you keep watering them.

Man! I hope the next voting-age group smartens up regarding our Constitution and Government. There is a very basic reason we have an Electoral College and they need to understand it fully.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Could you please write a coherent response?

You're asking a lot of me on a Friday afternoon.

Do you want the betting odds or not. I want you to upload the bet slip to prove to us your conviction this gets passed.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I understand very well how our Constitution functions, but that hasn't stopped democrats and RINOs from implementing unConstitutional laws.

No, you don't, since you need to come up with some dopey blackmail scenario so you can get yourself all wound up about these two proposals not ever having a chance to become and amendment.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Another temper tantrum that has no chance in hell of passing. More screaming at the sky from the left. It is delicious..

edit on 4-1-2019 by Scifi2424 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Man! I hope the next voting-age group smartens up regarding our Constitution and Government. There is a very basic reason we have an Electoral College and they need to understand it fully.

Here's the thing, if the 'next voting-age group' wants to abolish the Electoral College they can, they just need to follow one of the two processes for amending the Constitution.

The Original Poster is fretting over nothing, he could have posted a thread title stating 'Dems want trans unicorns to crap in kids lunchboxes' and it'd have as much chance of passing as these would.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Why are you even concerned with this? Neither has any chance of becoming a new amendment to the Constitution.

It is a seed they are planting. Seeds grow over time especially if you keep watering them.

The kids from Parkland are the next voting age group. Not just that protest without knowing why from Florida, but it seems that a whole lot of that age group also believe that they know what's right, and it isn't the Bill of Rights. I'm over here on the west coast and I have seen that same idiot mentality at work here from them.

Did you know that the national adult beverage is Bourbon? I fear that in the up and coming generations there's going to be a shortage of that beverage for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Neither did prohibition, AM.

I hope there's enough Dems in the House with an actual working brain, that it never gains enough traction.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why don't you just stick with leaning to port, sir, and let the flapping-of-hands and gnashing of teeth carry on.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Neither did prohibition, AM.

Temperance, like the Suffragette and Abolitionist Movements, had decades of grassroots support before they became amendments. This is not that.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Why don't you just stick with leaning to port, sir, and let the flapping-of-hands and gnashing of teeth carry on.

Fine. I need to go to Planned Parenthood and get my third abortion of the day.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: chr0naut

"A dictatorship of the majority"

LOL.

You laugh, but certain minority groups would disagree with you.

In some countries, you get tossed off of rooftops (or stoned) for being in a minority. The majority thinks that's fine though. The problem with the idea of majority rule is that people who think it's awesome can't ever conceive of what it might be like to not be in that majority and forever compelled to go along against their needs and inclinations.

Are any of those countries where minorities are criminally oppressed, actually democracies? Because I don't think the true majority is ever cool with such things.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For the second time within a week, I find myself asking "Is this a joke?"

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Here's the thing, if the 'next voting-age group' wants to abolish the Electoral College they can, they just need to follow one of the two processes for amending the Constitution.

The Original Poster is fretting over nothing, he could have posted a thread title stating 'Dems want trans unicorns to crap in kids lunchboxes' and it'd have as much chance of passing as these would.

Didn't with see a version of that unicorn crap with Obama's husband mooosheele in the last administration? There was a huge kids lunch issue and I think most of the stuff He/She/SHIM/IT wanted them kids to eat was crap.. So we already had that with executive fiat..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join