It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Guns Are Outlawed Only Criminals Will Have Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I’m armed right now.

Definitely own many high-capacity magazines.
Definitely own ‘assault rifles’ (not an AR15, that is NOT even remotely similar to an ‘assault rifle’)
I’ll still be armed tomorrow.

And still in 2020 too.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well when they come confiscating and I dont hear the doorbell ring...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Having followed this argument, with interest and the entire debate, the following can be stated:

This is no different than any conflict of attrition, which has gained momentum in the recent days. Initially the table was set with all voices speaking and there was at one time a support for gun control, even by those who are pro NRA and pro 2nd amendment. And such measures passed, but times have changed. Both sides are no longer talking but shouting at each other, and many bad ideas are starting to come up.

The only real resolution is to change the conversation about such, though the question is if those who are pro 2nd amendment are going to have to change the conversation, or in the end, lose the seat that they fought so hard to maintain.

The facts are that those who are anti gun, that would support the ban on such, their numbers grow, and at times faster than those who do support guns, and the 2nd amendment. The only question is are those who support such, willing to do such, or continue down this one path of arguments and steadily lose more and more ground, and a seat at that table.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Open carry should be made legal nationwide and do away with gun free zones.

An armed society is polite.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: chr0naut

I get it and I was half kidding with you.... But Pandoras box is open here. The guns are here, and many people need them. Texas, Alaska, much of the north west are all areas you could be a long way from help. Also it's not just people you gotta worry about but critters too.

So, then you'd have a legit requirement to register for a firearm, except if you already had a criminal conviction or mental health issues.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Open carry should be made legal nationwide and do away with gun free zones.

An armed society is polite.

Except for those who shoot themselves. They just ignore you and they are demotivated, disobedient, unhelpful, smelly and yuck.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I get it and I was half kidding with you.... But Pandoras box is open here. The guns are here, and many people need them. Texas, Alaska, much of the north west are all areas you could be a long way from help. Also it's not just people you gotta worry about but critters too.

So, then you'd have a legit requirement to register for a firearm, except if you already had a criminal conviction or mental health issues.

Who decides what mental health issues would prevent you from owning a gun?

What issues would prevent it?

Taking depression meds?

Saying that people with mental health issues shouldn't own guns is all well and good but you only have to look at the Soviet Union to see how badly that could be abused.

Millions were tried in show trials or deemed mentally unfit by Party doctors and sent to the Gulags for it.

Most often they were Christian or reporters, artists and dissidents that were sent. Under the guise of being mentally unfit.

To think that that option wouldn't be a tool for a government hostile to the 2nd down the road is to ignore history. You'll say its fearmongering but it really isn't.

Its being aware of the countless times through history that it's actually happened. And if you don't think something like that could happen then you are naive beyond belief.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

You forgot people understand the basic mechanics and the ease to recreate their own should the so choose, which inevitably leads to government control over the materials to build and operate firearms. It most certainly will not stop there either as there are all kinds of hazardous products/materials on the free market that could be used for nefarious deeds.

Even if they build the guns themselves (or print them), possession of a firearm means jail.

The clever people with no need to own a gun would not build one.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: chr0naut

Who decides what mental health issues would prevent you from owning a gun?

What issues would prevent it?

Taking depression meds?

Saying that people with mental health issues shouldn't own guns is all well and good but you only have to look at the Soviet Union to see how badly that could be abused.

Millions were tried in show trials or deemed mentally unfit by Party doctors and sent to the Gulags for it.

Most often they were Christian or reporters, artists and dissidents that were sent. Under the guise of being mentally unfit.

To think that that option wouldn't be a tool for a government hostile to the 2nd down the road is to ignore history. You'll say its fearmongering but it really isn't.

Its being aware of the countless times through history that it's actually happened. And if you don't think something like that could happen then you are naive beyond belief.

Take a look at the Australian legislation. It seems to be fairly clear and simple.

Are you suggesting that we arm the insane?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
post removed by poster. apologies

edit on 4-1-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

If guns are outlawed I will have one for sure.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Maybe we should be trying to figure out how to get the guns out of the hands of the criminals.

Make a law to where they can't have them lol, because that's working so well.

Yeah, and while we're at it- just get rid of all laws, since people break them too!

Or maybe you should grow the # up and realize that laws aren't just about saying "don't do that" - they serve as a mechanism to deal consequences as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
"When Guns Are Outlawed Only Criminals Will Have Guns"

Well, yeah....if they are outlawed....and you possess one....you are a criminal.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Maybe we should be trying to figure out how to get the guns out of the hands of the criminals.

Make a law to where they can't have them lol, because that's working so well.

Yeah, and while we're at it- just get rid of all laws, since people break them too!

Or maybe you should grow the # up and realize that laws aren't just about saying "don't do that" - they serve as a mechanism to deal consequences as well.

Using a gun illegally carries hefty sentences, yet people still do it.

Making guns illegal won't make a difference to people with the intent to cause harm with them.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

When Guns Are Outlawed Only Criminals Will Have Guns

Thats not true, politicians will still have them.

Ahh crap, i guess you are correct.

edit on 55131America/ChicagoSat, 05 Jan 2019 01:55:00 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If it’s made totally 100% illegal to even be within six hundred miles of a firearm of any kind, I’ll still be armed.
With a gun.
At all times.

Regardless how loudly any lib squeals.

I’ll still have my assault rifles and my many high-capacity magazines. I’ll have all my handguns. My shotguns and my hunting rifles.
Regardless of any law that may come in the future (even though no law whatsoever against gun ownership will be passed in the next hundred years) I will not relinquish one single individual one.

When the authorities come asking I will say ‘I do not own a firearm sir’. And according to every single lib on earth, they MUST take my word for it and move along.

But again, this century will not see any law introduced that infringes on ownership of firearms, no matter how loud the “Reeeeeeee” is.
So I’m not at all worried.
edit on 5 1 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join