It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Guns Are Outlawed Only Criminals Will Have Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well that's a self fulfilling prophecy don't ya think considering he got the tear drops from killing other gangbangers, and most likely with a gun... To you guys that # is normal, to the rest of the western world it's nuts.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Indeed. All the registered firearms I own will, indeed, be turned in. I am, save for that jaywalking thing, a law abiding citizen.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

and,you were never in Vegas!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Absolutely!

Every firearm that the government knows that I own, I will turn in.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

and,you were never in Vegas!

I was sewing socks and blankets with nuns for orphans.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

While at the same time baking chocolate chip cookies
with walnuts!

edit on 4-1-2019 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well that's a self fulfilling prophecy don't ya think considering he got the tear drops from killing other gangbangers, and most likely with a gun... To you guys that # is normal, to the rest of the western world it's nuts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for thugs killing thugs, as long as their good time doesn't spill out into my good time. But the argument was that if we make it really really bad to have a gun, they will just "disappear", *poof*! It's my position that the guns will still exist, bad man who do bad things will still have guns, largely because they were already going to rob you and kill you, which puts you in jail for a while of you are caught, and I'm not sure the extra 5 years would be enough to persuade them to beat you to death with a tire iron instead.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

statistics show that hardly any guns are used in self defense

I don't believe that at all.
I wonder how many people report something that is attempted but stopped.
Like someone attempted to rob them on the street but they were able to defend themselves with a gun. Would they report that to police? I'm sure there are many cases like this.

Just like how many reports are there of almost drowning vs. drowning? I've almost drowned in Lake Erie, but I didn't report it.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The criminals are many law enforcement officers and the military and no one is taking the guns away from them. I have never shot or killed anyone, but they can’t say the same. Take the guns away from the assholes that use them to kill others in acts of aggression.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
When guns are outlawed, the gov will be removed by force in one day.

...there, fixed it for you

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The criminals are many law enforcement officers and the military and no one is taking the guns away from them. I have never shot or killed anyone, but they can’t say the same.

The overwhelming majority can say exactly the same, actually.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The criminals are not going to turn in their guns to police, they are not stupid. People are so naive sometimes, they believe that the police can protect us from criminals, then complain when they get pulled over for having a taillight out.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The vast majority of LEO's support a legally armed citizenry. The vast majority of LEO's will not enforce those laws. The vast majority of judges will not prosecute those laws. The vast majority of the armed government supports the 2nd. Good luck getting the 38 states required to repeal. The 2nd protects all the others. Deal with it. Yes, tragic things happen with them. Genocide happens with out them though.

edit on 4-1-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I will always turn in every registered firearm that I own, because I want to be considered as someone who obeys the law.

You're a brown noser !!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

There's no getting rid of the guns in be U. S, that ship has sailed, I agree with you guys that more laws will not solve the issue of criminals with guns, it really is a messy situation.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You forgot people understand the basic mechanics and the ease to recreate their own should the so choose, which inevitably leads to government control over the materials to build and operate firearms. It most certainly will not stop there either as there are all kinds of hazardous products/materials on the free market that could be used for nefarious deeds.
edit on 1/4/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
When guns are outlawed, the gov will be removed by force in one day.

...there, fixed it for you

Might take a day, might take a week or month, but you are right.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
People are so naive sometimes, they believe that the police can protect us from criminals, then complain when they get pulled over for having a taillight out.

This happened a few days ago in Chicago
chicago.cbslocal.com...
The victims suffered bruising and lacerations to the face and body.

Basically a large group of thugs beat up some people.
On social media people were talking about the strict Chicago gun bans and that they don't care anymore, that it is better to be alive than be beaten to death. Many regular people are starting to carry in Chicago.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: mamabeth

Maybe we should be trying to figure out how to get the guns out of the hands of the criminals.

Make a law to where they can't have them lol, because that's working so well.

No, make possession an automatic jail-able offense. With an amnesty period and gun buy-back so that the non criminal can divest of their liability.

Guns confiscated and 5 years inside, or 5 years added to your sentence, even if you have never fired the gun in anger.

That is what is called a disincentive.

It actually seems to work in a number of countries.

No.

Gun laws in Australia From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't surrender your weapons, or register them legally (ensuring that you are fit to own a firearm), you obviously must have criminal intent.

edit on 4/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I get it and I was half kidding with you.... But Pandoras box is open here. The guns are here, and many people need them. Texas, Alaska, much of the north west are all areas you could be a long way from help. Also it's not just people you gotta worry about but critters too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join