It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Guns Are Outlawed Only Criminals Will Have Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I came across this article and thought I would share it here.There is mention
of the 1st amendment having fallen and a renewed attack on the 2nd.Here is
the link...www.paulcraigroberts.org...

I will be leaving now to finish my housework and hope you all enjoy the meat
I threw in to you.
Mud-pit=lion cage.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Maybe we should be trying to figure out how to get the guns out of the hands of the criminals.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Uhhhh, no we wont..... it just so happens mine were all stolen while I was as an Elvis Concert last week. Dang bummer..... yup....

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Maybe we should be trying to figure out how to get the guns out of the hands of the criminals.

Make a law to where they can't have them lol, because that's working so well.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

If guns are outlawed, I'll be a criminal...
Just food for thought...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Uhhhh, no we wont..... it just so happens mine were all stolen while I was as an Elvis Concert last week. Dang bummer..... yup....

I was at the same concert and when I came home mine were gone too! Must be an epidemic..

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Absolutely true. And in the case of the USA, they'd have the best of the best. For the USA, robbing civilians of their weapons would be madness at this point.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I came across this article and thought I would share it here.There is mention
of the 1st amendment having fallen and a renewed attack on the 2nd.Here is
the link...www.paulcraigroberts.org...

I will be leaving now to finish my housework and hope you all enjoy the meat
I threw in to you.
Mud-pit=lion cage.

You forgot law enforcement and the military, they would still be armed and will tremendously outnumber and out-gun any gun-wielding criminals in a world where guns are generally outlawed.

You also forgot that arming everyone also arms the criminals, even those ones who would not normally carry a weapon except that their victims will all be armed and so they need the advantage.

Or the fact that a criminal with a gun is likely to be 'armed, aiming and ready to fire', well before an innocent member of the public is aware of the threat.

And also the statistics show that hardly any guns are used in self defense. The vast majority of guns, when they are used, being used for suicide.

edit on 4/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

No, make possession an automatic jail-able offense. With an amnesty period and gun buy-back so that the non criminal can divest of their liability.

Guns confiscated and 5 years inside, or 5 years added to your sentence, even if you have never fired the gun in anger.

That is what is called a disincentive.

It actually seems to work in a number of countries.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Dang, you too?! Great concert though.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I always wonder, in a scenario where guns are illegal. . . . who is going to collect them?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You forgot law enforcement and the military, they would still be armed and will tremendously outnumber and any gun-wielding criminals in a world where guns are generally outlawed.

This ignores the tiny little issue of magically making all the guns disappear except for those in the hands of people with badges. I say "people with badges" because you forgot the military being armed has zero bearing on criminals being armed, since we don't use the military to enforce laws.

That being said, a cop being armed two miles from your house doesn't do you much good when there's an armed criminal on your doorstep.

You also forgot that arming everyone also arms the criminals, even those ones who would not normally carry a weapon except that their victims will all be armed and so they need the advantage.

The criminals are going to be armed whether "you" are or not. You also forgot that banning guns only gets rid of the guns of those who are willing to give them up. Criminals are criminals (it's in the name) and passing another law isn't going to make them suddenly comply.

Or the fact that a criminal with a gun is likely to be 'armed, aiming and ready to fire', well before an innocent member of the public is aware of the threat.

A criminal knocking over a gas station probably isn't going to be aware of the guy coming out of the bathroom who has a concealed carry permit and is packing. We can do "what-ifs" all day long.

And also the statistics show that hardly any guns are used in self defense. The vast majority of guns, when they are used, being used for suicide.

If one life is saved by banning guns and somehow magically making them disappear and that's a good enough reason to ban them, isn't one life being saved by a gun a good enough reason to not?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I’m armed right now.

Definitely own many high-capacity magazines.
Definitely own ‘assault rifles’ (not an AR15, that is NOT even remotely similar to an ‘assault rifle’)
I’ll still be armed tomorrow.

And still in 2020 too.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

No, make possession an automatic jail-able offense. With an amnesty period and gun buy-back so that the non criminal can divest of their liability.

Guns confiscated and 5 years inside, or 5 years added to your sentence, even if you have never fired the gun in anger.

No.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I will always turn in every registered firearm that I own, because I want to be considered as someone who obeys the law.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

That doesn't involve punishing law abiding citizens? Absolutely that's what should be done.

How about if you illegally own or possess a gun or are barred from having one by law you get 25 years in a federal prison with no appeal and no trial?

That would work I think.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Make it 25 years. Or 30.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If guns are outlawed, I'll be a criminal...
Just food for thought...

In the eyes of law enforcement were all criminals, some of us just haven't been caught yet..

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I do have to ask, in this Utopian dream world you seem to reside in, when a guy with 5 tear drops on one eye and a 13 over the other, goes to get payback for his homie getting whacked, will your strong deterrents make him re-think if he should bring a firearm with him?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If one life is saved by banning guns and somehow magically making them disappear and that's a good enough reason to ban them, isn't one life being saved by a gun a good enough reason to not?

It certainly is.

<<   2  3 >>

join