It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will cave first, The President or Congressional leaders on the Shut Down?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm just going to say it like I see it, Trump vs. Pelosi

Right now it is a deadlock. So what say you, who will prevail?

My guess is Trump will get his wall, (maybe not by normal means?) "The president threatened that he could use emergency powers to bypass Congress to build the wall"
I think this wall will be his legacy, this is how he will go down in history.

"Trump said he would "keep the government closed for a very long period of time — months or even years."
www.npr.org...
"Democrats remain insistent they will not provide the votes to give him that funding."

Years closed?? Who knows, maybe this is actually something good in disguise?

www.npr.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Obviously, voters wanted a more balanced government.

Hopefully Republicans and Democrats will meet somewhere in the middle eventually.

Schumer and Trump said it might take months or even up to a year.

Sometimes people should be careful what they wish for.
edit on 1/4/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I ma a trump supporter and could really care less if we ever get the wall.

I Honestly think most people dont give a shi either . Most of us will never even see it because we live in kC or North Carolina.

The only people that ahould care are those on the border and I bet most of them would love a wall.

Its not about the money either . Its only about Trump not getting his way.

edit on 4-1-2019 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If Trump is smart he'll push and push and push but never go full on Presidential order to have it built because then that'll be one of his battle slogans for the next race. He could watch the number of illegal aliens getting through, the crime rate go up (apparently) and then use all those things to push the idea that the Democrats stopped the wall and (insert statistic) went up so vote me in again and I'll force it through (If he wins a second term that is).

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I Honestly think most people dont give a shi either . Most of us will never even see it because we live in kC or North Carolina.

The only people that ahould care are those on the border and I bet most of them would love a wall.

Oh contraire...

I respect your not giving a blank, but there are Far more Republicans that Do give a dang about their ability to protect the borders.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Trump will fold. Simply because he has no choice, no power. His own party wouldn't support him if he asked politely. His staff is leaving him, one after the other. When he said he was alone in the White House, it was the most truthful thing he said in quite a while.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I've screenshotted quite a few tweets that says "Trump will never get his wall". I can't wait until it happens. That twitter day will go down in history for me.

I don't think he will get it by means of funding by the Dems though.

Note: I was all in for putting in a Minefield instead of a wall though.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Oh contraire...

I respect your not giving a blank, but there are Far more Republicans that Do give a dang about their ability to protect the borders.

If that were really the case we would already have the wall. years ago

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Oh contraire...

If that were really the case we would already have the wall. years ago

Keep the faith man, we'll get it

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Normal Americans don’t need the federal Government to be open. Most people getting bombed by the U.S. elite wars don’t want the Government open either.

The only people that care if the Government is closed are those people that suckle at the teet of the American tax payer.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Trump vs Pelosi

This is child’s play for Trump.

Trump needs an enemy.

Remember what he did to those 17 Republicans ?

Shot them down one by one...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I have no need for anything the cut agencies of the government provide, actually; so, why would it not be in my own best interest to keep them shut down forever? Maybe even *gasp* eliminated? ?

I don't need EBT cards … don't need my own money back from the IRS … don't need ***** (fill in the blank).

Can I pay less taxes if we close these departments forever?

It is fun to dream

edit on 4-1-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: I always find something that can be improved.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

If Trump is smart he'll push and push and push but never go full on Presidential order to have it built because then that'll be one of his battle slogans for the next race. He could watch the number of illegal aliens getting through, the crime rate go up (apparently) and then use all those things to push the idea that the Democrats stopped the wall and (insert statistic) went up so vote me in again and I'll force it through (If he wins a second term that is).

You are wrong in that. He has too many good properties where they would end up being surrounded by slum areas. Happened overseas. Just ask any of us living in a large city what has happened to unwanted migrants.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Trump vs Pelosi

This is child’s play for Trump.

Trump needs an enemy.

Remember what he did to those 17 Republicans ?

Shot them down one by one...

who were they?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I like Trump... All i can say is MAGA for you guys

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
They both could go for what is best for the citizens of the country. Yeah, I know, low priority.

edit:

Making enemies to "shoot down" for one's ego isn't what the president should do, unless he is president of the junior HS class.
edit on 1/4/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Except for the ones who get their land taken away to build the wall on....

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I'm a Trump supporter.

But I think Trump will cave only because his base is more forgiving than Pelosi's base.

The left would tear her apart if Trump got his funding. The left has a history of eating their own.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I predict.... this "shut down" will takes years... over which time mostly no one outside the ferlowed jobs will ever feel it.

Many big government agencies like the military are already funded. National parks are being kept open by local businesses. And ect ect. As far as shutdowns go it's not every impressive.

As such the Democrats and Trump will continue to play to their base indefinitely; while Republicans will sit on the sidelines with a big lollipop and a dunce cap on.

In a week or two the media will have to accept that the world didn't end because a few unimportant agencies became less important and they will move on to the next controversy of the week. ... once that happens trump and the Democrats will be off the hook on this issue and will move them selves.

The "shutdown" will never really "end" and the Government will go on ... hoping the American people have selective amnesia.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm a Trump supporter.

But I think Trump will cave only because his base is more forgiving than Pelosi's base.

The left would tear her apart if Trump got his funding. The left has a history of eating their own.

I'm not so sure. Polling is showing the wall as one of the biggest 'satisfaction drivers' among his core supporters. Granted we're talking about relatively un-quantifiable values here, but the way he's acting/posturing sure hearkens to someone who is keenly aware of what his base values most.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join