It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is my news source these days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But I typically keep caught up on all new threads on ATS as well, as we all know sometimes something juicy pops up here mainstream may not pick up.

I bit like mushrooms growing out of manure.

See, some people do catch up on the avatar vibes.

I've always thought more Dimenthyltryptamine when looking at your avatar lol

Me too but I thought my analogy was apt enough for the thread.
Haha I know!

We're all skating on thin ice now though with mods prowling around, let's go back to ATS being your main news source or not.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

At least here you can keep up with members and know their leans.

Plus there are some members who will always come by and prove that something is propaganda, which is nice.

I can typically tell by thread title and author whether to walk in with a grain of salt, or a block of it (I hate stealing those from the deer, but it's for my own protection).

Either way, I navigate these waters alright for the most part, as you've seen from my comments in this thread specifically, if I can most anyone can (unless they have that disorder called human emotion).

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yep.
I check ATS at least twice a day to see if the world has ended yet.

😎🚬

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have that disorder called human emotion lol, caused loads of problems in my life!
ATS is brilliant for bringing news though, and arguing the reported news.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I have that disorder called human emotion lol, caused loads of problems in my life!
ATS is brilliant for bringing news though, and arguing the reported news.

My gamertag has Dr in front of it, so you can trust what I'm about to say.

Take three pills of cynicism after each meal daily to get rid of that pesky emotion.

But yes, not only is ATS great about bringing the news, it even has bonus games where we can intellectually debate it, or if it doesn't look like that's a possibility, you can at least have fun with the people who are being silly about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Lmao yes!
...not the emotion though...I love being emotional...not Reeeee! though lol

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I prefer ATS to mainstream media, which I rarely watch and NEVER believe their propaganda they promote as real news. But ATS has it's share of weirdness and strange actors, and as we all know, critical thinking is key whenever consuming any info these days. Thanks to all those who post info about actual events--especially those who expose the vile mainstream media.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Next electrical fire, you should unplug before watering.

#metoo, I was touched by ATS

CNN is funny to watch sometimes after taking a break, it's like a political tabloid.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I love news. It's important to know what others are saying.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Nah, ATS use to be a good source of news.

Not anymore. Unless you like regurgitated news from the news you try to avoid.

I come on here all the time looking to see if anything was posted that I have read about and nada.

Gave up sharing that , but will gladly share my sources I check on a daily basis.Depends on what kind of news you are interested in.

Anything on here about Dr Peter Vincent Pry ?

edit on 4-1-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Nah, as others have said, ATS is a terrible news source.

It's a place where people post and repost mostly fictional stories from Brietbart and RT and the Daily Mail that confirm their personal bias.

ATS is great if you want your bias confirmed, but as a news source, it's terrible these days.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Nah, as others have said, ATS is a terrible news source.

It's a place where people post and repost mostly fictional stories from Brietbart and RT and the Daily Mail that confirm their personal bias.

ATS is great if you want your bias confirmed, but as a news source, it's terrible these days.

So, what are your sources, if any?

Just want to compare notes.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
ATS is a great source of news.

You hear just about every perspective from every walk of life. There is almost nothing that isn't discussed here.

A wide variety of different perspectives, many different perspectives on a subject dissected in every way possible. Having freedom to discuss different perspectives is how humanity grows. Having discernment and deciding wether the ideas we see here are insane or disinfo or truth is one of the most important things a mind can learn to do.

ATS has taught me something school tried to destroy. Something I will be forever thankful for. The ability to think.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
ATS is a great source of news.

You hear just about every perspective from every walk of life. There is almost nothing that isn't discussed here.

A wide variety of different perspectives, many different perspectives on a subject dissected in every way possible. Having freedom to discuss different perspectives is how humanity grows. Having discernment and deciding wether the ideas we see here are insane or disinfo or truth is one of the most important things a mind can learn to do.

ATS has taught me something school tried to destroy. Something I will be forever thankful for. The ability to think.

There is alot missed on here. But you are getting there. Try reaching out a little further and you will find out a thing or two more. Ats is a start.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I rely on "trickle-down" ("bleed-through"?) news as much as possible.
edit on 4/1/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Next electrical fire, you should unplug before watering.
I switched the power off at the mains switch, couldn't get to the plug because of the flames lol
...I'll check CNN out online, might even hear me shout Reeee! if there are any triggery stories

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

for sure. it's definitely not my only news source. It's one of the websites i come to to get the latest though.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
a reply to: Groot

for sure. it's definitely not my only news source. It's one of the websites i come to to get the latest though.

The way I look at it is if nobody has mentioned some 'news' story on ATS then nothing important has happened. The member who runs the long Brexit thread does a brilliant job pointing out any stories so I read that a lot, and any natural disasters/emergencies will be posted in minutes by other members.
If I don't see something on ATS then I probably won't care about it because nobody else does.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join