It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is my news source these days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My TV 'box thing' caught fire while on standby a year ago, was really lucky, took a day off work so was sat on the sofa looking at it when it happened. Switched the power off and poured a kettle of water over it, so so lucky I didn't work that day, would have lost my house.

Anyway, I didn't bother buying a new one, and recently gave my flat screen away to a friend because I don't use it.
My main source of news is ATS now, if something is important enough then someone will post a thread about it, any news I don't know about from ATS is probably unimportant to me.
I listen to local music radio and they have local BS news on the hour so I keep myself aware of what is going on in my personal world, but for true world events it is ATS where I'll hear it first.

Shout out to member Gortex, he posts lot's of UK news, if he hasn't posted something I should be concerned about then it probably hasn't happened in the UK

...so fellow members, do you watch regular news or are you lazy/apathetic like me and wait to see if some doom pops up on ATS?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I avoid all news and news outlets like the plague.

I want the Apocalypse to be a complete surprise for me.

I like surprises...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I use ATS as my primary news source. All other sources are just propaganda arms of some agenda and are a waste of time. The best thing about ATS is something gets posted and then attacked from people all over the spectrum until you can reach an equilibrium or at least something resembling truth.

Even though I might not agree with many of your posts I need your perspective to keep me honest and grounded. We actually need each other.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I only watch my local news.

I cant stand any on the MSM including FOX.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978
Haha you nut with the surprise, not happening if you are a member here, you'll read a thread about it!
I love ATS for that, if something 'important' is going down you'll read it here.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Ruiner1978
Haha you nut with the surprise, not happening if you are a member here, you'll read a thread about it!
I love ATS for that, if something 'important' is going down you'll read it here.

Damn, you have a point there!

Bye bye, everyone.
Nice to have known you...

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
All other sources are just propaganda arms of some agenda and are a waste of time.

These days ATS is even more agenda driven and propaganda filled than the MSM. Certainly jammed with a bunch of factless assertions and cherrypicking.

I'd rethink that approach.

link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Haha yes mate!

...we meet in the middle in many topics though, I 'star' you often even if I don't reply.
Equilibrium is the word, we find that on ATS compared to MSM sources, so many people picking the different arguments apart...if it ain't on ATS then it ain't important.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I've customized News.google.com to curtail to things of my interest. Many things outside of the realm ATS focuses on tickle my fancy.

I go to TheIntercept.com about once a week to see if Glenn Greenwald has a new article up, and I may read one of the other articles from time to time. Unfortunately though, their name is being tarnished by their willingness to interject buzz words and try to peddle ideas to me rather than bullet proof facts. Good ol' dry investigative journalism is hard to find these days.

But I typically keep caught up on all new threads on ATS as well, as we all know sometimes something juicy pops up here mainstream may not pick up.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

All other sources are just propaganda arms of some agenda and are a waste of time.

These days ATS is even more agenda driven and propaganda filled than the MSM. Certainly jammed with a bunch of factless assertions and cherrypicking.

If you recognise propaganda, you can choose to ignore it.

This site is built on user content.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
But I typically keep caught up on all new threads on ATS as well, as we all know sometimes something juicy pops up here mainstream may not pick up.
Lmao yes!!
It is only doom if it makes it to ATS, and then it is doom discussed with critical thinking...usually

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I bit like mushrooms growing out of manure.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

See, some people do catch up on the avatar vibes.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Knew yours from the get go.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I've always thought more Dimenthyltryptamine when looking at your avatar lol
edit on 4-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: fix quotes

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

True, but users that are sourcing propaganda that are doing so based on agendas.

And this place is a hotbed of propaganda that the users can't seem to ignore as it's all confirmation bias for them. So... not sure how your comment applies. Especially when there is so much back patting going on around here to reconfirm the propaganda. This place should not be a solitary source for news by any measure.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I mean, it's natural right?

So my body accidentally made too much a few times if anyone asks.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
No way man! My body accidentally had too much a few times as well!
Must be some kind of ailment humans experience lol

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Me too but I thought my analogy was apt enough for the thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

True, but users that are sourcing propaganda that are doing so based on agendas.

And this place is a hotbed of propaganda that the users can't seem to ignore as it's all confirmation bias for them. So... not sure how your comment applies. Especially when there is so much back patting going on around here to reconfirm the propaganda. This place should not be a solitary source for news by any measure.

I recognise your thoughts and they're the exact same reason I've shied away from political threads,

Hence my earlier reply to you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join