It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any wall supporters concerned with people overstaying their visa? drugs coming through the mail?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I love the attempt, so you are basically saying why even try anything. People like you crack me up.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
its almsot like you guys dont really know the issue, and then project crap to try and justify your position

Almost.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
anyone concerned that the Government, FBI/CIA, and the pharmaceutical companies are the biggest drug runners in existence...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: XtrozeroAlso to get a visa there is some vetting
Depends on the country you come from. I can get into the US easy by lying on an online form because I'm from the UK.
US border officials have no access to UK criminal record databases.
There is a question "Have you ever been involved in genocide" LMAO! As if anyone is going to tick the yes box!

EDIT
I'll lie on the visa waiver application because it will mean some bull# interview at the US embassy in London otherwise, it is almost a pointless exercise because so many Brits lie on their applications.
I was tempted to visit and overstay my visa working cash in hand, but health issues happened and I need tax funded UK healthcare now.
edit on 5-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: XtrozeroAlso to get a visa there is some vetting
Depends on the country you come from. I can get into the US easy by lying on an online form because I'm from the UK.
US border officials have no access to UK criminal record databases.
There is a question "Have you ever been involved in genocide" LMAO! As if anyone is going to tick the yes box!

EDIT
I'll lie on the visa waiver application because it will mean some bull# interview at the US embassy in London otherwise, it is almost a pointless exercise because so many Brits lie on their applications.
I was tempted to visit and overstay my visa working cash in hand, but health issues happened and I need tax funded UK healthcare now.

Well better questions than illegals jumping the border, also you need to have a current passport...Plus since 2017 they have an extra process for one on one for anyone they deem suspicious.

1. WHY DO YOU WANT TO GO TO USA?
Say that you want to go on a tour and to see what USA has to offer. After all, you are applying for a US TOURIST visa so your answer should be as simple as that.

2. HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE USA BEFORE?
You might think that the best answer is YES, and you feel that this is your instant ticket for getting a visa. You are wrong! If you haven’t been to US, don’t lie. Just be honest because lying will get you nowhere.

3.WHY DO YOU PLAN TO TRAVEL AT THIS TIME?
Simply answer that it is your most available time or it is your annual leave from work. If you have other reasons such as having enough savings recently for the trip, then tell the truth.

4. WHO ARE YOU GOING WITH TO THE USA?

Are you going with your relatives or friends? Just make sure you know the basic information of the people you are going with. If you wanted to meet your American boyfriend who you met online and never met in person, I highly suggest you ask him to visit you in the Philippines first!

5. WHICH PLACES ARE YOU PLANNING TO VISIT?
It wouldn’t hurt to do a research of the places you plan to visit before you go to your interview. Let me know if you need further help with this and I would be more than willing to help you. I suggest that you start with the spots near your accommodation because it is more feasible.

6. HOW LONG DO YOU PLAN TO STAY IN THE USA?
Carefully study your itinerary and base your answer from there. Or if you are an employee, check your leave credits and talk to your Human Resources representative on your allowed leaves. If you can bring a form or letter during your interview stating your leave credits, that can help as well.

Remember, if you get an approved USA visa, you’ll surely get a 10-year multiple entry visit visa!

7. CAN YOU STAY FOR A SHORTER PERIOD OF TIME?
Similar to the above, you can defend and depend your answer based on your itinerary. And if someone from the US will act as your ‘tour guide’, simply say that you need to adhere with their schedule as well. Hence, a need for a longer time to stay in the US.

8. HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK WILL IT COST YOU TO STAY IN THE USA?
This is why we strongly suggest that you create an itinerary for your US trip. This will give you an idea of how much you need to spend for the entire vacation. You can contact me and I could help you with your USA Itinerary, details here.

9.WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?
Tell your job, your businesses and other side jobs, if any. This will give the consul an idea if your employer is credible enough. Similarly, they need to know that you are established in your home country and that you are not going to the US for greener pasture. Here are few requirements to strengthen your claim that you will be back and will not look for job opportunities while on ‘vacation’.

Certificate of Employment
Proof of Income for the last 3 months
Business permits
Bank statements
Be prepared and bring these documents on your interview, most of the time the Consul won’t ask you to show the proof! For people who work online, I know that feeling of not having those Income Tax Return report etc.. I highly suggest you print your income transactions on your Paypal account, if you’re a writer or a designer then compile all of your online portfolio.

10. HOW MUCH DO YOU EARN FOR A LIVING?
Just tell the correct figures. After all, these can all be seen from the documents you have presented during your online application. And if they feel that it is not enough for your trip, might as well prepare for the next question.

11. HOW WILL YOU FINANCE YOUR TRIP?
Show proof that you have savings, if any. Or if you are going to be sponsored, get the information from your sponsors . Know what they do for a living and get necessary supporting documents like bank statements, job certificate, tax details etc.

12. DO YOU HAVE RELATIVES IN THE USA?
Never lie or deny on this even if you won’t visit them on your trip, you must know their names and few basic information including their status in the US. Sometimes, it would help if you have photos with you to further prove your claim.

13. DO YOU HAVE FRIENDS IN THE USA?
Similar to the above, know their names and also the basic information but if they’re not really significant to you then just say so.

14.WHAT ARE THEIR EXACT ADDRESSES?
Try to get their exact addresses before the interview. Don’t just say that they live in Los Angeles or in New York but rather, be specific. Review the information before you go to the interview and always come prepared esp if you mentioned about them on your online application.

15. (FOR VISITING RELATIVES/ FRIENDS) HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN LIVING IN THE USA AND WHAT ARE THEIR CURRENT STATUS?
I strongly encourage that you spend time chatting and interviewing your relatives and friends in the US if the purpose of your visit is to meet them. It will really help you to become more confident in front of the consul.

16. (FOR VISITING RELATIVES/ FRIENDS) WHERE ARE THEY WORKING AND WHAT WILL YOU DO DURING THE OFFICE HOURS?
As I have said, get as much information because the consul would like to know if you are just making up stories. Expect to be bombarded with questions. The questions might be redundant but that’s how they will know if you are indeed telling the truth. And when asked what are your plans during the hours and days that your ‘sponsors’ are working, you can say that you are planning to go on short solo day trips near the area so that you can maximize your stay.

17. DO YOU HAVE PLANS OF WORKING IN THE USA?
HUGE NO, and never attempt to work in the US while you are there on a TOURIST VISA. Otherwise, you might get deported and will never see US soil once again. Never even mention that you’re looking for opportunities.. NEVER EVER!

18. HAVE YOU ALREADY BOOKED YOUR PLANE TICKETS?
Look for possible booking dates and say that you are eyeing on those dates for your US trip. Have the flight details ready, if possible but don’t pay for the flights yet until you get your visa approved. Flight ticket is not a requirement!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
It is easy to get in the US if your nation has the visa waiver agreement, just lie lol.
...I was surprised reading nearly 100 thousand Canadians overstay their visas probably working cash in hand, I guess it is easier being white and English speaking.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It is easy to get in the US if your nation has the visa waiver agreement, just lie lol.
...I was surprised reading nearly 100 thousand Canadians overstay their visas probably working cash in hand, I guess it is easier being white and English speaking.

It really comes down to numbers... 10,000s compared to millions...I don't think the overstay Canadians are overwhelming our social systems, or costing us 100 billion per year, do you? Doesn't make it right, so when they get caught they need to be deported and future visas revoked, but where do you think most of our efforts should go?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Oh the Southern border for sure.
Britain would have troops patrolling the 2000 miles if we had a leaky land border like that. Our border is actually in France with UK border force manning it behind huge fences which the UK tax payers paid millions of £'s to build. The French hate the arrangement since that influx of migrants over the last few years, they don't want them either, but fortress Britain is hard to get to while the UK controls the port borders on the EU side.
There are no calls by British people to relax our immigration control like you have from the liberal side in the US.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Oh the Southern border for sure.
Britain would have troops patrolling the 2000 miles if we had a leaky land border like that. Our border is actually in France with UK border force manning it behind huge fences which the UK tax payers paid millions of £'s to build. The French hate the arrangement since that influx of migrants over the last few years, they don't want them either, but fortress Britain is hard to get to while the UK controls the port borders on the EU side.
There are no calls by British people to relax our immigration control like you have from the liberal side in the US.

But your ocean wall will keep no one out... they can just swim...or use a small boat...or fly over it...or build a big catapult...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They have started using small boats, it is becoming a problem, and our border force only has 3 patrol boats at sea at any given time. Government talk is starting to use the Royal Navy as well now.
Most British people support all efforts to keep the migrants out.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

They have started using small boats, it is becoming a problem, and our border force only has 3 patrol boats at sea at any given time. Government talk is starting to use the Royal Navy as well now.
Most British people support all efforts to keep the migrants out.

Everyone has limited resources even America, people don't seem to understand that part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join