It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a Civil War....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Whether it be a 'Soft' Civil War, a 'Quasi' Civil War, or even a 'Psuedo' Civil War... our country is in an internal conflict with itself like I have never seen in my life time. The middle seems to have fallen out... the "I really don't care what you do, just leave me alone to do my thing" mentality and freedom, is no longer valid. You are either this... or your that. Left, Right... Faith, Non-Faith, Racist, Non Racist, Liberal, Conservative, etc. etc. Apparently if you do not support transgendered, transhumanism, 11 year old drag queens, CELINUNUNU Dion clothing... or, you do not accept or agree with Sharia law and are not tolerant of Millions (not thousands) of 'Illegal' immigrants coming across your NOT SO SOVEREIGN borders, then you are a homophobic, racist, nazi whose probably white, stupid, drunk and smokes, believes in the Bible, prayer and loves the US flag... or at least something like that. If you still fall in the middle of all the above, and are a centralist, realist, maybe agnostic, possibly an independent voter, logical as best you can be and still tolerant of others values and respect others rights... you are a dying breed. The 'war' I speak of is apparently out to 'divide' the country, literally re-write culture, values, ethics, reason, and FREEDOM. Let's all watch Braveheart ending one more time. And, whoever or whatever is doing this dividing is winning. It's working big time and I truly believe 2019-2020 will be at some point full blown chaos, here in our beloved country. This is not Lebanon, Libya, Venezuela, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, South Africa... No this 'was' the United States of America... which now almost seems like a real problem to say. "United" NOT. To me still the greatest nation on the planet, I still get chills when a 'good' national anthem rendition is sung... I still love my land, my home.... BUT, I am almost embarrassed at being an Independent, centralist leaning American. Not Republican, Not Democrat, but free to decide. They, whoever 'they are', are trying to destroy me and people like me it seems. Does anyone else feel this, or am I just a soft hearted Patriot type who needs to shut the f&^% up? Oh, oops... I said Patriot, probably get banned for that. I am an Air Force veteran, my son, his fiancé' and my nephew are vets, or are currently deployed. Can I ask Why are they deployed? For what reasons are they over seas? I am also a proud First Nations Cherokee individual who has no land to go to... this is my land. For those who may discard this thread as coming from some 'newbie because I didn't join until 2018... I've been following ATS since 2005 as one of my favorite sites, because I felt like you could find some truth here. Unfortunately politics and fear have become the source of most forums and threads, I say fear because fearful people lash out and accuse, retaliate, or maybe even rant as I am. I am fearful, fearful that the country I love is being destroyed by a war that's only invisible if you bury your head, disregard or simply deny. The frog in the pan of warm water doesn't even know he's about to be boiled alive, until it's too late.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jonsnow

The term paragraph comes to mind....ugh

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Is it?

Or is the blanket media providing this constant state of emotional conflict?

Experiment.

Go to your local store. Talk to a few folks. Walk around the town.

Report your results.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Is it?

Or is the blanket media providing this constant state of emotional conflict?

Experiment.

Go to your local store. Talk to a few folks. Walk around the town.

Report your results.

Add, wear a MAGA hat for realism!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Well said and I can agree to a point, I feel I am in the same place I do not ask why they are deployed though I have spent more time overseas with the Army than I have with my family.. It feels that way but I do understand why we are there and have no real issues with it. The divide in the US is getting bad but its up to those in the middle to stay and have a say.

For JinMi agreed not all feel this way and most that do I would say are older folks.. In my town its down the middle some say its coming others say it will fix itself with time. We are on the verge of something I think that is for sure what it is, is still maybe an unknown.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Also a Clinton tee!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Great post. Thank you for your's and your family's service. Unfortunately, people in the center are considered far right today & those left of center are left of Stalin. I'm not a big fan of career politicians on either side, that's why I voted for Trump. I believe political office is a service, not a career. I believe Trump is a centrist & would have been considered far left back in JFK's time. Just as JFK would be considered far right today. Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.". Many have no idea what liberty is today, especially leftists who like to call themselves liberals. Liberty is the freedom from arbitrary or despotic control. Liberty is the antithesis of fascism. I believe things will all work out for everyone in the long run regardless of our current civil climate. Things may swing far left, before they can swing center again. At least those who believe in liberty also support the constitution & our 2nd amendment rights. We far out arm them if things escalate to civil conflict. Imo, if things continue to go too far left & taxes are too high, everyone, both left/right will revolt against whoever powers think they're in charge. We can see this happening right now in Europe with the Yellow Vest protests & in France against leftist Macron & his green economy and immigration policies. If things go too far left everyone will revolt regardless of political affiliation.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Everything is cyclical, and the current climate cycle is turning cold. You will all feel it soon enough. The thing is, is that cold phases are, historically, conducive to civil wars and other civil insurrections.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

the "I really don't care what you do, just leave me alone to do my thing" mentality and freedom, is no longer valid

It may, in a way, still be valid.

I rather expect that come the 2020 election, turnout may be amazingly low. A civil war? I seriously doubt it. I'd guess that instead what's going to happen is a rapid transition to a One Party United States. Why? Because, if the people I interact with are any guide, a huge portion of the population is made up of retiring Boomers and they are altogether and entirely fed the "F" up with the political situation and their only real interest at this point is their 401K's which are, for better or worse, are subject to the whims of the Stocks and bonds markets. All they care about is stability in those markets and Trump IS NOT stability. They won't support him in 2020 although they may pay lip service to him, and they can't stomach the Nancy Pelosi/ Beto Rourke Democrats so...........they'll just sit the next one out.

And this article is out of date being from 2016:
www.cbsnews.com...

A very large number of the Boomers are leaving the US. Once gone, they rarely vote.

AND, the Boomers not leaving the US are leaving the big cities in droves. (I know because I live near a small town and see the Uhauls and Moving Trucks coming through).
www.newgeography.com...

Rather than a civil war I would guess you're going to see a generational sea change away from anything resembling traditional values, economic and political ideologies.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonsnow
Whether it be a 'Soft' Civil War, a 'Quasi' Civil War, or even a 'Psuedo' Civil War... our country is in an internal conflict with itself like I have never seen in my life time.

It didn't happen by accident. The MSM has done this to us on purpose. I'm not sure whether the government wanted it or not. But someone did. If you look back over the past 20 or so years you can clearly see that the MSM has been doing everything in it's power to stir the pot. They know exactly what they're doing. All of them.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ooooh, what a great idea! Add in a Bernie sign in one hand and a Mitt Romeny in the other a go parading down town. I'd pay money to see the results of that.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't see it.

I see a systematic propaganda machine created by big brother, made possible by Obama's Smith-mundt act modification, dreamed up by some paranoid think tank, telling them to turn everybody against each other so they don't hang politicians from a lightpole for selling out Americans and robbing them blind while being 100% guilty of causing the destabilization because they got greedy.

The whole system sucks. Taxes are bs, the laws are bs, taking rights is bs. Renting our houses via property tax is bs, the medical system is bs and it's all run by bs-ers who rig everything, grant themselves special exemptions, like voting their own incomes, insider trading, corporate sellouts, etc...

Too many greedy pigs in the trough.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The only war I see is a war on sentence structure and paragraph separation.

OP can you PLEASE break this up so that it is readable?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The Democrats political methods are superior to Republicans, and that’s part of the problem.

Most people don’t want to seem like bad people so the dems gave a way if focusing an argument ehere you argree with them or you are a ‘bad’ person. This works amazingly until there are more ‘bad’ people than ‘good’ people.

Couple of years ago
You are an elected official and don’t believe in gay marriage, you need to do your job or resign, no homophobia

Now
If you are elected official believe people entering the country should follow the laws. If you follow the laws you are a racist and need to be replaced with someone who won’t follow the laws

Both statements cannot be true. Both emotional responses can be

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

the "I really don't care what you do, just leave me alone to do my thing" mentality and freedom, is no longer valid.

This is exactly where I want to be, but you are correct that it is no longer a valid position. Now I am forced to oppose the moronic Leftists because they want to meddle in my life and destroy out sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

There are two types of people in this country. One type labels people. And the other doesn't.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

the "I really don't care what you do, just leave me alone to do my thing" mentality and freedom, is no longer valid.

This is exactly where I want to be, but you are correct that it is no longer a valid position. Now I am forced to oppose the moronic Leftists because they want to meddle in my life and destroy out sovereignty.

Oh, I agree. We have to prevent the BIG government leftists from trying to control what happens in woman's vaginas!

edit on 4-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The term paragraph comes to mind....ugh

You being a fart right extremist and myself being a leftist liberal I can still at least appreciate your humor.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I don't see it.

I see a systematic propaganda machine created by big brother, made possible by Obama's Smith-mundt act modification, dreamed up by some paranoid think tank, telling them to turn everybody against each other so they don't hang politicians from a lightpole for selling out Americans and robbing them blind while being 100% guilty of causing the destabilization because they got greedy.

The whole system sucks. Taxes are bs, the laws are bs, taking rights is bs. Renting our houses via property tax is bs, the medical system is bs and it's all run by bs-ers who rig everything, grant themselves special exemptions, like voting their own incomes, insider trading, corporate sellouts, etc...

Too many greedy pigs in the trough.

You really sound like a FDR Democrat:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

Speech before the 1936 Democratic National Convention

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

following ATS since 2005

This is not Lebanon, Libya, Venezuela, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, South Africa... No this 'was' the United States of America

Surely if you have been here since 2005 you would have read many threads mentioning US sticking their nose and destabilizing some of the countries above?

I am an Air Force veteran,

How did it feel to follow orders that ultimately were not about defending the US but to further wars for profit and looting of other nations resources?

that's only invisible if you bury your head, disregard or simply deny

So, time to be held accountable for blindly following orders?

This should be interesting....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join