It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am really tired of things

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: Fools

Have fun with that. We are not going anywhere. Why don't you research the corruption in the Republican party, starting in the 60's. You will see time, and time again, it is the Republicans who are criminals. Indictments, guilty pleas, prison time.

Look up how many Republicans in office have been, found guilty of one crime or another, while in office. Then look at how many Democrats in office, had the same happen to them.

Hint, it is Republicans who are criminals, and not by a small margin. How many people in Obama's administration/campaign were indicted? Oh that's right, none!
How did you get even 2 stars???

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Myself and 3 friends have decided that we will leave one week (at least) of vacation open this year in case we need to go to Washington DC to participate in showing the DNC that we not only do not support them but would dearly love to see many of them leave their offices (either on their own terms or not) in total disgrace. I personally have never felt this annoyed in any political party for my entire life. Sure, I have never been a democrat in any shape or form, but this nonsense that they call leadership now needs to be shown that there is a VERY large population of Americans that would love to see them ran out of town permanently.

Think of me what you will, but I am saying for sure that if I am willing to go to DC for any political reason that means that there are some serious problems that most of you DNC type people obviously are not taking seriously. I do not intend to hand over my property, nor my children's future to such utterly contemptible human trash as what currently passes as leadership in the DNC.

I am sure that my friends and I are not the only ones preparing for such a need.

Don't forget to pack your tiki torches bruh.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What’s that sound I’m hearing??

I think its.....

REEEEEEEEEE!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
"What would you change to make this system serve the people again, instead of the oligarchs?"

Repeal Citizens United seems like a good start. That's not happening with the current conservative stacked deck in the supreme court though.

What does that tell us I wonder?

I don't believe that money is free speech or that corporations are people, do you? That's what Citizens United stands for, and as far as I can tell definitively the structure that the oligarchs stand on.

Too bad the corrupt Republicans don't care about people though. Told you draining the swamp was a bald faced lie.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Hmm, Citizens United huh? That sounds interesting.

www.vox.com...

Some cities and states are already experimenting with programs that strengthen the voices of ordinary voters. Building on such efforts is likely to have far greater effects than continuing to demonize Citizens, whose logic is defensible on First Amendment grounds.

Most widespread in liberal circles is the idea that Citizens opened the floodgates to massive amounts of corporate spending in politics. But as many legal scholars have argued, the floodgates were already open. Citizens is not responsible for the massive amounts of money showered on favored candidates. Nor is it responsible for the rise of so-called dark money in politics.

It would be nice to somehow address the money in politics and especially campaigns, but this seems really partisan on both sides. Just another distraction?

Why do you have to make this about individual parties and not a solution to tackle all politicians? Maybe getting rid of partisanship and viewing all of these political actors as scum would be a better start? We should be very wary of all of them and efforts should go towards both sides of the aisle to get these political # to serve the people.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am not answering any responses really. I find it better just to read them. I like to see the errors in them. Plans congeal. Some are part of them, some are not.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My sage advice is to stop watching the "news." It's purposely designed to get you all worked up over stuff that has nothing to do with you personally, or have little or no control over.

Just turn it off.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

This, so much this.

The news is propaganda meant to draw you back after the next commercial. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

So, turn the TV off and tune into the great and mysterious 'Q' for our viewing pleasure?

How does this not impact us, all of us? There has to be something there that is intimately tied to us sheep, for them to produce this huge theater of politics. Or are they just doing it out of boredom? We sheep are the powers that be's entertainment. That is a scary thought.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I have given back the majority of my PTO annually for the last 8 years (we aren't allowed to carry over from year to year).

This year i have started using it instead. Not to protest, but because I too am fed up. And the only recourse I see is to relax more and just enjoy the actual life around me. My beautiful wife who is ever present. My son buying his first car (a swank Jeep Rubicon). My mom, who has survived a heart attack in the last 6 weeks.

In our house the only time politicians get mentioned is when we are laughing at them. I post online about political stuff, but even that has diminished to nothing.

Protesting....over rated. No one listens. When your movement gets big enough it gets bastardized. There is no silver lining.

That was very well said.

The best revenge is to be happy and live a life you love.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Do it. All we can do is show up. I went to Oregon when the Malheur nature reserve occupation was going on. Nothing happened and it was all dying down at that point, but I am glad I was there. Good trip.

Show up.

The rest just is.

edit on 1 4 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I don't think you and I agree on politics or policy but, from the bottom of my heart, please run for office. You don't have to run for national office, you can run for city council or county commissioner or something. If you're passionate enough to protest then you're passionate enough to run for office.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The news is propaganda meant to draw you back after the next commercial. Nothing more.

Can't believe what I'm reading...

I had all but given up on ATS thinking it's hopeless.

ATS filled to the brim with thread after thread citing nothing but mainstream garbage.

I haven't been around for quite some time for that very reason in fact and just popped in to see if things are any different and sure enough they are.

I'm encouraged, much thanks to you...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I have too many bumps in the road. I would be picked apart like carrion. I mean I would be honest about my past - I do not care about that. However, the mommy vote would definitely pass me by. It's just a fact, I mean I could probably get by with city council or something like that but not any further.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lol, I'm the same, I'm an activist not a politician, I'd be ruined in the media with the skeletons in my closet if I stood for office.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The democrat representatives and senators are members of the DNC but they are not the DNC...
The DNC are organizers and clerics that administer the workings of the party for campaign and PR purposes.
So protesting to the DNC is pointless since they do not hold any offices. Some of their members do.
Think of it this way... we are members of ATS but we are not ATS. ATS provides the website and administers to the site and its technical needs.
And a question... by participate in showing the DNC entails exactly what?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think the entire DNC is a failure and is definitely compromised by the CPUSA as well as the Muslim Brotherhood. Protesting individual leaders will do no good. The DNC controls its members with their coffers which are filled by groups I am 100% opposed to.

They need to be protested and dismembered to return the Democratic party to one that has working men and women and families interest at heart instead of communist idealogy and cash payouts from muslim groups that also want to spread their idealogy.

Furthermore, I do not care for corporate welfare. However, that is also a RNC problem so I would attack both groups on that front.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Lol, I'm the same, I'm an activist not a politician, I'd be ruined in the media with the skeletons in my closet if I stood for office.

Yes, I never realized that laws actually do apply to me until I was around 30 years old. I mean I was never a criminal, with a felon or anything, but people know about me and my past and I would just get roasted day and night by any opposition I would have.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Speaking from experience and knowing a lot of people who have run for office; no one cares. Unless you're running for governor or federal office, no one cares. How much do you know about the person currently representing you at the municipal or county level? That's about as much as the average voter is going to know about you.

Unless you've murdered someone or committed a felony, no one's going to care about anything but your ideas.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The democrat representatives and senators are members of the DNC but they are not the DNC...
The DNC are organizers and clerics that administer the workings of the party for campaign and PR purposes.
So protesting to the DNC is pointless since they do not hold any offices. Some of their members do.
Think of it this way... we are members of ATS but we are not ATS. ATS provides the website and administers to the site and its technical needs.
And a question... by participate in showing the DNC entails exactly what?

Really? Then pray tell did they manage to scuttle Bernie Sanders? Because they did, and they did it for HRC. And all of you are ok with that, I know, I know - its hard to NOT circle the wagon. You should try it some time. It's fun.

<< 1    3 >>

join