It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am really tired of things

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Myself and 3 friends have decided that we will leave one week (at least) of vacation open this year in case we need to go to Washington DC to participate in showing the DNC that we not only do not support them but would dearly love to see many of them leave their offices (either on their own terms or not) in total disgrace. I personally have never felt this annoyed in any political party for my entire life. Sure, I have never been a democrat in any shape or form, but this nonsense that they call leadership now needs to be shown that there is a VERY large population of Americans that would love to see them ran out of town permanently.

Think of me what you will, but I am saying for sure that if I am willing to go to DC for any political reason that means that there are some serious problems that most of you DNC type people obviously are not taking seriously. I do not intend to hand over my property, nor my children's future to such utterly contemptible human trash as what currently passes as leadership in the DNC.

I am sure that my friends and I are not the only ones preparing for such a need.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Don't waste your precious time, energy and resources on these idiots just now. Save them for 2020 that's what will matter...

S&F

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Myself and 3 friends have decided that we will leave one week (at least) of vacation open this year in case we need to go to Washington DC to participate in showing the DNC that we not only do not support them but would dearly love to see many of them leave their offices (either on their own terms or not) in total disgrace. I personally have never felt this annoyed in any political party for my entire life. Sure, I have never been a democrat in any shape or form, but this nonsense that they call leadership now needs to be shown that there is a VERY large population of Americans that would love to see them ran out of town permanently.

Think of me what you will, but I am saying for sure that if I am willing to go to DC for any political reason that means that there are some serious problems that most of you DNC type people obviously are not taking seriously. I do not intend to hand over my property, nor my children's future to such utterly contemptible human trash as what currently passes as leadership in the DNC.

I am sure that my friends and I are not the only ones preparing for such a need.

I think your 4 person protest sounds fun, and fully endorse y'all doing it.
edit on 01am19famFri, 04 Jan 2019 10:55:04 -0600America/ChicagoFri, 04 Jan 2019 10:55:04 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

edit on 01am19famFri, 04 Jan 2019 10:55:11 -0600America/ChicagoFri, 04 Jan 2019 10:55:11 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You'd be better off saving your efforts for the ballot box, and getting out the vote in upcoming elections.

If you're "tired" that's because it's the same old #show, new cycle.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Glad you do. Even if you don't.

The way these insanity riddled idiots are carrying on, I seriously doubt it will be just 3 people.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

As long as there isn't any intention of violence, then go for it...
Even if this sounds a little bit foreboding

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Have fun with that. We are not going anywhere. Why don't you research the corruption in the Republican party, starting in the 60's. You will see time, and time again, it is the Republicans who are criminals. Indictments, guilty pleas, prison time.

Look up how many Republicans in office have been, found guilty of one crime or another, while in office. Then look at how many Democrats in office, had the same happen to them.

Hint, it is Republicans who are criminals, and not by a small margin. How many people in Obama's administration/campaign were indicted? Oh that's right, none!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm sure this will have as much impact as the near constant protests of Trump.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Glad you do. Even if you don't.

The way these insanity riddled idiots are carrying on, I seriously doubt it will be just 3 people.

I think this was directed at me but the fact that you quoted yourself, and your username is what it is, I can't but giggle like a kid at this....

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah! Show the meanies who’s boss!

Are we tired of winning yet folks?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

There isn't a "large portion of the population" who want them, or Republicans, or anyone else run out of office. If there were, they have things called elections where you can do just that.

A large portion of the population doesn't give a rat's azz about politics. An incredibly small, vocal minority want Democrats run out of office as do a small vocal minority want Republicans to have the same fate.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Just be wary, protesting solves little to nothing. Look at the dems.

But for purposes of catharsis, it might make you feel better.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I have given back the majority of my PTO annually for the last 8 years (we aren't allowed to carry over from year to year).

This year i have started using it instead. Not to protest, but because I too am fed up. And the only recourse I see is to relax more and just enjoy the actual life around me. My beautiful wife who is ever present. My son buying his first car (a swank Jeep Rubicon). My mom, who has survived a heart attack in the last 6 weeks.

In our house the only time politicians get mentioned is when we are laughing at them. I post online about political stuff, but even that has diminished to nothing.

Protesting....over rated. No one listens. When your movement gets big enough it gets bastardized. There is no silver lining.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Have fun with that. We are not going anywhere. Why don't you research the corruption in the Republican party, starting in the 60's. You will see time, and time again, it is the Republicans who are criminals. Indictments, guilty pleas, prison time.

Look up how many Republicans in office have been, found guilty of one crime or another, while in office. Then look at how many Democrats in office, had the same happen to them.

Hint, it is Republicans who are criminals, and not by a small margin. How many people in Obama's administration/campaign were indicted? Oh that's right, none!

That's not quite true. History shows the opposite. The D's are, historically, the party of corruption.

List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes
List of American state and local politicians convicted of crimes
List of United States representatives expelled, censured, or reprimanded
edit on 4-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"What does democracy look like?"

"THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!!"

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So we get the current batch out and a new batch in. Now what?

What ideas do you have to prevent the new batch from becoming the old batch?

What would you change to make this system serve the people again, instead of the oligarchs?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ya, couldn't agree with you more, but looking onto the other political party they are not much better as nothing ever gets done but their very own self interests. Looking like we need to stop worrying about the dam wall and make (Term Limits) mandatory..
Say 4 Years and your out!
edit on 4-1-2019 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Same here. I will use all of my vacation time and sick time this year instead of being fully responsible and watching it disappear after the hours reach the cap. The company could be generous and payout the time instead of it going 'poof', but that is their decision. The tough one will be the sick time. But my parents are also aging, both past 80 now. Maybe I will follow your lead and use some of that time creatively. I hate the term but 'who's john galt'.

I love hearing from some of my state worker friends who are accruing their sick time to over 300 hours now. They will never lose it and even on termination, it will be fully paid out. yea taxpayers.

Things are going to get interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hear hear sir/m'am. I applaud your idea.

Maybe we can make it a march that will get co-opted by the MSM and called fascist white racist transphobic nazis march on Washington lol...... sad

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Protesting....over rated. No one listens. When your movement gets big enough it gets bastardized. There is no silver lining.
Civil disobedience works in some circumstances, but protesting yep, doesn't make much difference.
I was an activist destroying Monsanto's GM test crops back in the day. It became too expensive for them hiring security so they pulled out of the UK. We have no GM crops growing in this country now but without activism we would be the same as the US.
I don't know the future implications of GM food, but I'd rather the US be the crash test dummy than the UK.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join