It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Zimmern may be fired from Bizarre Foods for calling Midwestern Chinese Food Horsecrap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Another One Bites the Dust....

nextshark.com...

"Andrew Zimmern, a celebrity chef and host of “Bizarre Foods” on the Travel Channel, has reportedly been fired following calling Midwest Chinese-American restaurants “horsesh*t.”
Sources close to the matter confirmed to Page Six that filming on “Bizarre Foods” and its sister show, “The Zimmern List,” have both been canceled midseason.
The two Travel Channel shows have also been bumped by network owner Discovery, Inc. from prime time to a graveyard rotation on Saturday morning."

So here is the weird thing. I heard this from an Asian Social media site. Everyone is ticked off, not at Andrew, but that he might get fired!
We all agree with him. I seriously did not read or hear from one single person that was offended. If people dug deeper into what he was saying, he is 100% correct. He said places like PF Changs are horsecrap. Everyone knows that is not real Chinese cuisine.
Andrew Zimmern is a food critic and chef. He has traveled to more Asian nations than most Asians. I'm pretty sure he knows what he is talking about. So I guess now we have to lump chefs right in there with Comedians. You can be a food critic, but you know just don't be too critical!!

So if it is not Asians that are offended, who exactly is offended at the comments? Or is it just a way for media companies to give someone the ax without paying them?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Oh no he has an opinion, make him suffer!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Wtf?

It probably is garbage.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Oh no he has an opinion, make him suffer!

After outrage culture scares everyone into being submissive, opinions won't mean the same thing.

You'll only be able to select an approved opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The people offended by this are probably unemployed white liberals. They grew up hearing about all the social justice battles fought in the past and they want that same virtue. Problem is most the big battles are long gone so they gotta get mad at this kinda crap to feel like good people.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
We haven't even hit full stride yet. This is just the beginning of this nonsense and it's only going to get more ridiculous.

I find it amusing though, the stupidity of it all.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I used to think they were cool for giving him a chance.

Anyone unfamiliar with his background, he used to be homeless and addicted to drugs. The story goes he would pick pocket for money.... But who knows, maybe he got paid for "eating" bizzare things back then.

No matter the case, he seems like one of the few to prove we as people can change as adults. To snuf his positive direction now over this is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So if it is not Asians that are offended, who exactly is offended at the comments.

Chances are it'll be a liberal white woman.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't buy this, saying "I’m saving the souls of all the people from having to dine at all these horse# restaurants masquerading as Chinese food that are in the Midwest," and all the asians are up in arms? Looks like he was referring to the big chains like PF Changs and Panda Express. That would be like hispanics getting pissed off that someone suggested Taco Bell is below-par Mexican food.

My guess is that these comments pissed off advertisers and investors that probably had a vested interest in this "midwestern horse#."

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Pretty much all take out Chinese food is garbage, I put that crap in the same category as McDonalds. After having been to China I can say that there's nearly nothing recognizable on a menu here that you can get in China.

edit on 4-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
hes so right

keep you pc bull# out of food food has no #ing race it has no fellings and other cooks/resturants need to suck it up and do better

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If true and for the reasons listed then the Snowflakes of the world are going to ruin life.

Because feelings.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Isn't what he stated an well known fact already? I can see him getting reprimanded for the use of profanity in his description, but firing a food critic for criticizing a restaurant chain?? Huh???

This just further proves that the almighty $$$ runs the show. I'll bet PF Changs' lawyers gave them a call and spanked them for his actions.

Criticism is in his job title, FFS. Food CRITIC.....Hello, any sane people with any sort of backbone and understanding of how to manage an incident such as this in top positions in entertainment anymore?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That was my thought too, the PF Changs didn't like being singled out.
So what. People that go there like the food and don't care that it is authentic.
So stupid!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

www.eater.com...

The backlash seems to be more centered on the fact that he's opening a Chinese restaurant himself and is seen to be using his position on TV to degrade his competitors and uplift his own business endeavor. Not that I agree with firing him, but it isn't just a case of him saying something as a food critic.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Anthony Bourdain once made a joke about something he was describing as really really nasty and compared it to the inside of Andrew Zimmern's toilet. And when you think about some of the stuff he eats, it was a bit epic. It's sad that we no longer have a freedom to express ourselves, without suffering the wrath of the SJWs. They are a cancer.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Pretty much all take out Chinese food is garbage, I put that crap in the same category as McDonalds. After having been to China I can say that there's nearly nothing recognizable on a menu here that you can get in China.

but when you can get it in 10 minute, well, you just do.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
American "Chinese Food" isnt Chinese. Its American. Racist ooshbags.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
but when you can get it in 10 minute, well, you just do.

Did you try their chicken? It's puuuuurrrrrrfect.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Truth really hurts these days because it will get you fired.

Americanized Chinese sucks. Zimmern was right.

join