It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does this mean ? Nobody knows ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

That's about as clear as mud though

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

How about you try and explain what you think the artwork means

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

It's a stupid t-shirt, like someone said before it's a triangle wearing a Halloween costume. I think the real problem is you.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
In principle. the concept is inspired by Magritte's famous drawing of a pipe labelled "This is not a pipe". Very derivative.

Thanks for that :

Magritte painted below the pipe "Ceci n'est pas une pipe" ("This is not a pipe"),[18] which seems a contradiction, but is actually true: the painting is not a pipe, it is an image of a pipe. It does not "satisfy emotionally"—when Magritte was once asked about this image, he replied that of course it was not a pipe, just try to fill it with tobacco.[19] Ceci n'est pas une pipe A man saying the phrase Ceci n'est pas une pipe Problems playing this file? See media help. Magritte used the same approach in a painting of an apple: he painted the fruit and then used an internal caption or framing device to deny that the item was an apple. In these "Ceci n'est pas" works, Magritte points out that no matter how naturalistically we depict an object, we never do catch the item itself. Among Magritte's works are a number of surrealist versions of other famous paintings.

René Magritte described his paintings as "visible images which conceal nothing; they evoke mystery and, indeed, when one sees one of my pictures, one asks oneself this simple question, 'What does that mean?'. It does not mean anything, because mystery means nothing either, it is unknowable."[23] Magritte's constant play with reality and illusion has been attributed to the early death of his mother. Psychoanalysts who have examined bereaved children have hypothesized that Magritte's back and forth play with reality and illusion reflects his "constant shifting back and forth from what he wishes—'mother is alive'—to what he knows—'mother is dead' ".[24]

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Pretty dense way of looking at it.

You're processing symbolism just like that, many thousands, perhaps millions of times every day.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Artists inspired by Magritte

Some of the artists' works integrate direct references and others offer contemporary viewpoints on his abstract fixations.[25] Magritte's use of simple graphic and everyday imagery has been compared to that of the Pop artists. His influence in the development of Pop art has been widely recognized,[26] although Magritte himself discounted the connection. He considered the Pop artists' representation of "the world as it is" as "their error", and contrasted their attention to the transitory with his concern for "the feeling for the real, insofar as it is permanent".[26] The 2006–2007 LACMA exhibition "Magritte and Contemporary Art: The Treachery of Images" examined the relationship between Magritte and contemporary art.[27]

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

But I never feel the urge to report it like the OP. That's what's truly crazy about all of this

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Triangle Person
Illuminati worshipers made of cardboard and high in fiber. They're kleptomaniacs.
-Damn, that Triangle Person stole my chair!
-Don't be such a Triangle Person.

-Did you see that Triangle Person on The News 4?
-There's officially no Triangle Person in your bathroom.
#triangle#triangles#illuminati#person#people#cardboard#evil#kleptomania#news#
by IlluminatousTriangulous February 22, 2015

Your welcome

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Magritte himself discounted the connection. He considered the Pop artists' representation of "the world as it is" as "their error", and contrasted their attention to the transitory with his concern for "the feeling for the real, insofar as it is permanent"

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Can't argue with that, if that was the only point you were making.

I had a post laid out about the way we subconsciously apply meaning when there seems to be none, but it feels trivial now and I think I'd be telling you things you already know.

I do agree that reporting would be foolish. To that end I've no opposing view to add value to your post.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

# triangle lives matter

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

René Magritte described his paintings as "visible images which conceal nothing; they evoke mystery and, indeed, when one sees one of my pictures, one asks oneself this simple question,'What does that mean?'. It does not mean anything, because mystery means nothing either, it is unknowable."

It is a piece of artwork , why the artist chose a triange as the subject and not any other random object/noun , for example a shoe , or a table . Keyword : qualified / solved with instant help
. Sort of anyway .

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sometimes a T-shirt is just that: A T-shirt.

The phrase: "Reading too much into something." comes to mind.

So does this video:

(was posted here on ATS years ago by one of the owners, but can't find the thread now).

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Allow me to slip my analyst's hat back on for a moment and ask you ...

What do you think it means ... ?

And how does it make you feel ... ?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Disraeli is a respected poster , and in his words the image is 'very derivative' , hence where slownail deems his own conceived lesson for us on the back of the clear insight to be un-necessary .

magritte wiki

has the explanation .

Meanwhile , asking theorestical question s is all that was put at the op , mais c'est ne pas un post originale

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Ummm...sounds like a gender expression thing...

Or...paying homage to the rule of three...

Or...a symbolic representation of trichotomy...becomes one...

Or...represents solid foundation equals apex achievement...

Or...persona informs aspects...(there’s a plurality in here)...

Or...none of the above...

Cool to think about though...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

U think too much.. maybe it means I'm not a square like the rest of the world. In other words he is different and outside the "normal" bracket. Who knows.

Ummm...now that’s certainly thinking...outside the box...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Good questions when that can of worms isnt even out of the drawer . But _____ , see ?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Dang , what would folks today have thought of the "Keep on Truckin" T-shirt of the early 70s ?
All in the eyes of the beholder
Cause that is what T-Shirts do...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'd like to have seen a pic of the Tee shirt myself. All I found searching the Title was a bunch of - Nobody Knows I'm Gay or Lesbian shirts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join