It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizonians Are Physically Attacking Self-Driving Cars to Protect Themselves and Loved Ones

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Agree entirely about ...

other than trying to control free travel.

What most tend to forget is that with mandates for emission reductions or carbon mitigation we'll be taxed per km/mile traveled. Areas will also be set aside where we cant be near ie enclaves of the Uber rich. Can't have the population near our Masters. All controlled by chips in your vehicle.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

This emerging technology is capitalism at work

Well right off the bat your basic assumption is wrong. This is not capitalism but ultimately Government assisted financial shenanigans will play a part. Look at the historical record.

The industry has shown time and time again that intervention and the "too big to fail" get out of jail card will be used by big business to throw the burden on the taxpayer when expedient to do so.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Tone it down a bit. I get what he's saying, the internal combustion engine whilst evolving in increments around the edges is still the same beast.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Very well said. Why should the burden of massive industry shake ups always fall back on the taxpayer ie unemployment. They've conditioned us to accept paying for disposal of toxic goods ie fee for old tyres or used engine oil.

Isn't it about time manufacturers that disrupt whole demographics were held to the same standard?

AngryCymraeg on page 3

been troubling me. We need to stop asking if something could be done and start asking if something should be done. Because self-driving cars will indeed reduce the number of driving-related jobs and will change society in a number of meaningful ways.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Mandroid7

Agree entirely about ...

other than trying to control free travel.

What most tend to forget is that with mandates for emission reductions or carbon mitigation we'll be taxed per km/mile traveled. Areas will also be set aside where we cant be near ie enclaves of the Uber rich. Can't have the population near our Masters. All controlled by chips in your vehicle.

Hmmm talk about a massive restriction on freedom in general, if of course this comes to fruition, although it sounds dastardly enough and I'm betting you are on the money.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

OK maybe the Arizonians aren't attacking self driving cars because of safety concerns but because for fear of their livelihood being replaced by machines. I really don't see anything philosophically wrong with that. It may be inevitable as some say above your post, however why not go down fighting?

People fight over what Trump tweets from 1 day to the next, and here we are.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Now we all need to get educated on defeating the chips.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Hackers just may end becoming the peoples champions in the not too distant future.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Everyone I know that has a self driving car does not use it. They still drive it manually.
How many deaths a year are caused by manual drivers ? Exactly. Enough said.

edit on 5-1-2019 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Years ago the moen factory I worked at bought three selfdriving pallet trucks to pick up pallets of finished goods and carry them to shipping area . They told us then robotic trucks could stop on a dime and if anything bigger than a loaf of bread within 11 feet of them would stop them well they were poorly designed and you had to manually load a pallet onto them which cost several lines as the trucks got loose from operators and plowed thru assembly lines. They blamed that on operator error and demoted and or fired the workers loading the pallet. So after a few weeks i noticed that these trucks were getting more and more dangerouss to work around and we started watching and recording their actions eventually they started running into each other now here is something the size of small car moving at 45 mph in straightaway plowing into another one stopped in front of it second time it happened i recorded it on phone and sent it as email attchment to our head offices in ohio next day they sent a guy from coporate to tell plant manager to call his buddy who sold us these trucks to come pick them up. They were deemed unsafe and they were not authorized to be bought by corporate. Needless to say plant management was pissec and tried to find out who blew the whistle.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join