It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are so screwed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

And you enjoy your collective-shared-peoples-whatever.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

i'm about as simple as it gets so i dig that about you.

but, you still haven't answered my questions - what freedoms have you lost?

and, how do you not see how lucky we are here?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
i'm always surprised in threads like this that no one will broach the main issue,
the people we're not allowed to criticize.
but it is ats, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

What freedoms have I personally lost?

None.

But with the advent of statues being torn down, the rampant book-burners attitude towards anything online, the attack on nationalism, the flag, I see a general attack on basic, fundamental freedoms.

And most don't give a good god damn.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

do you think comparatively speaking we have it good here in the US?

i sure as hell do! and, i'm super grateful for all those who make it so.

and, i feel damn lucky i don't have to bow down to any flag.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

You have the freedom to not bow down to any flag.

Ironic if you lost that freedom, and had to obey dictates.

Like climate change, PC pronouns, etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I thought it was the leftists fault, say it isn't so...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Thirty or forty years from now can you see yourself on a gurney like a dog in the Vets office getting prepped for the final needle? I can especially after hearing the new female inductees into Congress and their blurts of wisdom.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I guess the question is, if you were in Russia and knew communism was coming, how would you have prepared for it? Is there a way to maneuver yourself to a better position? Cause, like the Russian KGB defectors say, "(If something happens to the US)...there is nowhere else left to defect to."

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, I don't know if it's a problem with the people. The people are under a lot of economic stress. A $20 bill became worth a $1 bin the last 40 years or so. This was carefully planned.

Maybe that's why Trump is putting so much emphasis on bringing hope back to the economy, so people can believe in themselves again instead of just saying "screw this, I give up, just give me wellfare then at least i can relax, anything is better than this..."

And part of it is they dont have as much fight in them or the knowledge to make their situationa better.... because this was a multipronged attack.

We've been degraded morally, economically, educationally, medically, emotionally... this wasnt just an accident.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

bada-bing bada-boom

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think it's all because parents these days are mostly defective.

They dont discipline their kids.
They dont give time and attention to their kids.
They dont teach proper manners to their kids.
They dont make their kids work for things they want.
They dont teach their kids the value of money.
They dont teach their kids the value of other peoples emotions.

The list could go on for pages.

You have a society of people like this, and a few decades later and you get.... well look around!

Sad part is it was my generation who started this asinine parenting process.

When will we learn that physical discipline actually works.
(Not talking brutality but proper discipline.)

If i talked sheit to my folks they would thrash me, as I would and have done in the past.

Coomba98

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51
Ha.
Going backwards one step at a time, the whole point of technology and advances is to have more time to do either, do absolutely nothing, or do whatever you want, in which case you would have plenty of people doing nothing, and others doing something with there new found freedoms.

In communism you have the time and some funds to do that, but are not allowed. In capitalism you don't have the time, or the funds to do that, and its frowned upon.

So in the end, not like it matters. But in all both the left and the right, the Marxists and the capitalists. Well the truth is both and all systems end at the same place, given the chance, of which there will be plenty of chances, it is only ever a downward spiral. So no there is no way or system that is better, in fact there is not even a way that works. Everything merely works but for a time.

Its like the praeto principle, its a snowball effect. In all its just a game people play, not that different then gambling or playing the lottery. Its just a game people play, its called civilization. Though I don't know why people would play a game that is fixed, just for that one in a few hundred million of a chance. But then again why do people play the lottery, or why is Vegas so popular? One and same answer to all questions.

Its nothing new really, its not the system, in fact it does not matter one iota on which system you prefer. In the end, the things ie humans that system is made of is deeply flawed, and can only run in one direction.

Like Jesus said, "to those who have, more will be given. From those who have nothing, everything will be taken." Its not a statement on a way of governance or way of living or anything really, in fact its not even a statement on human nature, its purely a statement on the nature of things. Entropy or the laws of the universe even.

So ya! We have today, all the things that a few hundred years ago people could only dream off, and go back a thousand and our civilization and the things we have would be considered magic to your ancestors. And still, despite it all, its all spiraling down the drain like so much dudu down the pipes. As always.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join