It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: Police Chase In Los Angeles, California

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

They tried to pull him over because of a cracked back windshield and he took off. Then he ran over a person on a scooter while being chased.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The original feed ran out of fuel

there is a different angle on this page
www.clickondetroit.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
a reply to: spacedoubt

It's a sad thing when they're using animals to deal with human's #.

yeah, I can agree with that.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What happened? Did they shoot him?
It seems they are giving him some sort of medical treatment..
edit on 3-1-2019 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Looked like the dog got him in the face .

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Anyone know the full story, now that it's hours later? I got sucked into watching the whole thing, so I'm gonna feel jipped if I don't get closure on this one. 😂

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Looks like this thread is dead now that the thing is done, but I have some comments anyway. I googled and it didn't tell much more than anything that could be heard by the very chatty guy reporting from the helicopter (one of them) that followed the whole thing (except for the last 5 minutes when the guy was finally apprehended! No one got any video of that).

I know this was a sad situation, especially if the guy really is a veteran with PTSD and if it was the PTSD that caused whatever this was.

But damn, it was humorous at times! Those 4 "PIT maneuvers," all of them taking place at what seemed like crawl speed, and the guy gets away each time! And with each one his car takes more damage and more things fall off, yet he gets away and keeps on going- at like, 20 miles an hour.

Then he gets on the freeway, going under the speed limit, and two or three attempts at the spike strips fail! What?! In one of them, the officers even tricked him by laying the strips across the two or three left lanes, and when the guy saw them and steered over into the strip-free right lanes, the officers yanked the strips across those lanes as he drove over. And he got away AGAIN!

It does seem they were being careful, and not aggressive, I'm assuming because of the possible PTSD issue, so that's a good thing, if that's the case.

Then after he ran out of gas and pulled onto the shoulder of the highway, he sat there for 40 minutes, opening his door for a few seconds and then shutting it again, more than 5 times. Peekaboo for 40 minutes.

In the end, they got him in the FACE with a BEANBAG.

Is that not funny, even while it's sad? It ended with him taking a BEANBAG in the face.

Actually, he also got bit by the K-9 officer (the dog). When he failed to comply with the police commands after they tried getting him out, they unleashed the dog on him.

So, police dogs are trained to attack if ordered to? How crazy is that? I thought they just sniffed out drugs and bombs and stuff. They can train the dogs to bite someone? Anyone know about this?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

You didn’t know police dogs would attack someone? Haven’t you ever watched the tv show cops?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Cane him for wasting everyone's time.

CX

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Don't the police over there learn how to box a car in...or a rolling roadblock..... especially with that much room and at such a slow speed in that first video at the start?

CX.

CX

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Actually, he also got bit by the K-9 officer (the dog). When he failed to comply with the police commands after they tried getting him out, they unleashed the dog on him.

So, police dogs are trained to attack if ordered to? How crazy is that? I thought they just sniffed out drugs and bombs and stuff. They can train the dogs to bite someone? Anyone know about this?

I used to act as bait for the dogs when I was in the military police KansasGirl.....yes they do train them to bite and it does hurt!

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I used to act as bait for the dogs when I was in the military police KansasGirl.....yes they do train them to bite and it does hurt!

CX.

Interesting! I bet you have some fun stories. What did you do to be the bait? Did you wear a suit made of raw meat? (Kidding) Did you act a certain way to trigger them? How did all that work?
edit on 11-1-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

You didn’t know police dogs would attack someone? Haven’t you ever watched the tv show cops?

I've never watched a full episode of "Cops." I have, however, watched every episode, multiple times, of "Reno 911!" which is the best spoof of "Cops" that could ever be made. Priceless!

I knew dogs could be trained for protection and that includes attack/biting, but I guess I didn't ever think about them being trained to sometimes bite, sometimes not. Can they send a dog in with a command to not bite until a command is given, or until a certain scenario happens? Is it all or nothing? Or can the dog be trained to charge in and not bite until ordered to do so?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

K-9's are trained to do different things. Some K-9's are trained to attack, some to sniff things out, etc. I'm not aware of a lot of dogs which do both (there may be some though).

K-9's which are trained to attack very much do have commands to stop, and they will (eventually). When they're released on a suspect they've already been told to attack (because the suspect may fight back and injure the dog if they don't). K-9's like these are usually never released to go 'bark' at a suspect, they go right after them (hard!) and usually leap into them to knock the suspect off balance. They're pretty aggressive dogs. Most commands are given in another language such as German so there's no chance of the dog confusing their direction with common words (and they're not even common words in the language they're trained in either). Law Enforcement K-9s aren't really instructed to severely injure their opponent as much as subdue them and scare the S# out of them. They're not 'all bark and no bite' though, they still get pretty ferocious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join