It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hip fresh face of the Dems... Nancy Pelosi!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry
I wonder the same thing about Hillary. Why do Democrats love her so much? She and her husband are two of the most crooked people in this country, and have been since the 1990's. Their daughter married the son of a notorious con artist. Hillary's approval ratings never once matched Trump's, and in fact she was so unpopular that many people (including me) became Trump supporters simply because Hillary was such an unfathomably awful choice. Yet Democrats still treat her like a queen. For the love of God, why?
edit on 3-1-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Bluntone22

I have no idea what you are talking about. My whole lifetime Republicans have been beating the exact same drum since Reagan.

It seems like this whole thread is for scoring cheap political points by associated "old" with Pelosi because she's old. I think old people have great wisdom they bring to any discussion especially politics.

It doesn't matter who the Democrats choose for leadership. The Republicans will have the exact same level of disrespect no matter what. This is why this country is so divided. How can anyone have a civil discussion with people who believe their own opinions are facts while opposing opinions are lies. People have different life experiences. People vote for Democrats based on their life experiences. People who vote Democrats should be just as respected as people who serve in the military. We are all Americans on the same side. We just have different opinions on how best to solve our problems or what is a problem worth addressing.

I wasn't saying the Dems should pick someone young to get better results from the GOP.
I'm saying that young progressives are winning elections.
I don't want them to win but it's the smart strategy.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well at least we know of 15 democrats that wanted to try something different.

To bad the majority are in love with the status quo.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Grambler

I like Nancy Pelosi. She fights to help people. So far in my lifetime trickle down has never worked.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

Pelosi has never helped anyone but herself. She's the embodiment of our need for congressional term limits.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 3-1-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanForge

I too, like Pelosi. Trickle down has never worked, and let's be honest, anything that winds Herr Trump up can't be all bad.
Jokes aside, while I do actually like and respect Pelosi, I would also like some fresh blood and new ideas. God knows we need them.
What......? That 'Crowhack' is 70 and as crooked as it comes. Bank irregularities and her husband. Your statement makes NO sense.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: SailorJerry
I wonder the same thing about Hillary. Why do Democrats love her so much? She and her husband are two of the most crooked people in this country, and have been since the 1990's. Their daughter married the son of a notorious con artist. Hillary's approval ratings never once matched Trump's, and in fact she was so unpopular that many people (including me) became Trump supporters simply because Hillary was such an unfathomably awful choice. Yet Democrats still treat her like a queen. For the love of God, why?

That is exactly why the Dems failed. So many people didn't vote for Trump, they voted for NOT Hillary.
So what do they do? Hillary 2.0

I don't get it either.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hahaha. Miss Lube Rack 1959.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
2011.................... and no we did not forget www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well unlike the party before country republicans, democrats don’t always march in lock step. They aren’t lemmings like the right wingers. a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanForge
a reply to: DBCowboy

ENNNT! Wrongo! Neither I, nor any other Democrat I know, would even contemplate such a thing, as opposed to certain..thing...who once criticized McCain for being a POW. Now let's talk about just who respects whom, eh?

McCain deserved to be criticized for his actions as a POW, and for his actions during and after the war. Enough about that old trash of a man.

Just because you hang out with a better class of people then makes up the majority doesn't mean that the party as a whole is also made up of well behaved people. It goes both ways, so to speak, when it comes to group behaviors. I live in a military town, and some of the worst anti-military people here are also the biggest church goers and have their little Hillary 2016 bumper sticks on still.

I know, or at least would like to think, that most people aren't anti-military that attend church, but if you go out around here you would be hard pressed to see that. I've lived in other military towns though, and know that it's different in different areas so I don't hold all church goers as anti-military, nor do I assume that all church goers are Hillary supporter.

I guess what I'm saying is that;
McCain was scum, and that you should never assume that all of everyone is just like the people you hangout with. Now for your wake-up call. Many of the new adults walking in to the job market, college arena, and military have been born post 9/11. These people don't have first experiences with how it was before that bad day, and they grew up in a world where they didn't have to think about many things. A represented group of these people are literally the kids from Parkland Fl, but we could also look around the country and see the same types of behavior of apology filled protests over issues that they don't understand enough to have a real voice in. The kids who declare that something they don't understand is offensive first and should be illegal second unless they are doing it themselves. Many of these new adults are being played by members of the democratic party for their votes. So like it or not DB may be more correct then any of us might like.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

But they dont really love her they just hate Trump if not why is she not their frontrunner for the next election? They used her for as long as they thought the potential to call an illegitimate election after that the party started to disassociate themselves.

Nothing has supposedly changed, she had the election stolen from her (by Russia, Comey, white women, the patriarch, etc.) and anything negative was just a smear campaign according to her defenders, but they dont want her as their next candidate. It's not like they're offering fresh faces.

It's almost like they would tell me anything to convince themselves they have reason to dislike me for voting for Trump over Hillary. I just know I must be mistaken, because all the ones I have come into contact with are way to well rationed for that.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The dems are foolish to hitch their wagons to Pelosi.
They need to wise up and look at their last president. He was a hipish, youngish candidate.
Look at Canada, Trudeau is the same.

I dont like the politics of either one but I'm smart enough to understand that those two connected with their voter base.

Pelosi is outdated

Obama ruined America though, that's why Clinton couldn't win with his message.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
I think Pelosi promising to limit her tenure to 4 years was an extremely smart move for herself. I don't mind her much one way or the other. It would be nice to see her experience combine with the fresh ideas of the younger/newer elects for some actual reform and progress.

What do you consider progress? All I've seen from these peeps is regress. Our divide is damn near at levels we haven't seen since the mid 60's.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How has Pelosi helped her representatives in San Fran?

High costs, poo and heroin in the streets, a hypocrite extreme.

She is almost as bad as Hitlery.

She's just as bad as Warren.

She's a political whore. An over-the-hill slut who could string together enough unscripted sentences to order a frigging Big Mac.

I don't understand why NOBODY makes a campaign ad about crime rates and gun laws in cities that are controlled by liberals. Every single liberal controlled city has a high crime rate and strict gun laws. Bring that up, make them defend it, because they absolutely can't.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If you want to really understand what a con trickle-down has been, Google "Two Santa Clauses Theory."

In the mid-70s, a guy named Jude Wanniski started pushing a political strategy to his fellow Republicans. The gist is that Democrats had become successful by appealing to the working class and poor with their policies and various social safety net programs and Republicans needed a strategy to counteract it.

The way Wanniski saw it, it was as if the Democrats were acting like Santa — elect us and we'll give you gifts.

That presented something of a dilemma for Republicans. On the one hand, neither party wants to be too aligned with the policies of the other or there's not enough to fuel polarization. On the other hand, it's difficult to campaign on things like cutting spending by gutting popular programs.

Basically, rather than be anti-Santas, the Republicans needed their own way to play Santa.

Enter Art Laffer and the infamous napkin. In 1974, Laffer, Rumsfeld, Cheney and Wanniski sat down at a restaurant to discuss alternatives to Ford's policies. This is when Laffer sketched out the misnamed "Laffer Curve" on a napkin (which Wanniski kept) which is generally accepted as the moment that trickle-down/Reaganomics/supply-side (the term coined by Wanniski) became the new direction for the GOP going forward.

If Laffer was to be believed, cutting taxes would translate to businesses reinvesting that money, hiring more people, etc with the result being that more people would be paying taxes which would both cut down on the need for social welfare programs and grow tax revenue. Here's what the napkin said:

If you tax a product less results
If you subsidize a product more results.
We've been taxing work, output and income and subsidizing non-work, leisure and un-employment.
The consequences are obvious!

I think Wanniski was genuinely sold on trickle-down but either way, the GOP had something it could use to be Santa — tax cuts — after all, who doesn't want to pay less taxes?

The problem is trickle-down hasn't ever worked. So what's evolved here is that whenever the GOP is in power, they cut taxes while increasing spending, growing the deficit. When the GOP is not in power, they flip back to deficit hawk mode and try to force the Democrats to cut spending.

It's a cycle that has played out since Reagan and it's never been more obvious than with the last two admins. When Obama was in the WH, it was non-stop deficit alarm. Trump gets into office, what do they do? They cut taxes and increased spending, ballooning the deficit and adding a couple trillion to the national debt — because as you said, trickle-down has never worked.

It will be interesting to see what happens now that the Democrats have retaken the House. Are the Republicans going to flip back to deficit hawk mode now or give it a couple years?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Because, in all honesty, republican-run cities aren't much better.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Democrats made themselves domestic enemies with their authoritarian views and demanding we all think like them or else we're racist or some other form of "ist" or "ism."

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So, if I'm reading the hints correctly, the strategy to beat Trump is to follow the same steps and pattern that got him nominated and elected.

Genius.

I'm starting to think that they like him in office.....

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Which is so different than the Right labeling everyone that leans even slightly Left as a Cold War-era Communist that needs to be strung up for treason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join