It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should people be allowed to smoke on a public beach?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Propagandalf

Yes, this is true. ''People should''. But people don't, so what then? Smokers ''should'' be more respectful of non-smokers. How true. But the thing is is that they are not even respectful enough of themselves to protect themselves from their addiction. To seek help.

At this point is no longer just an addiction problem, it is a lack of will problem. Anyone who continues to smoke just does not want to quit so asking them to think about others is rather more than many of them can rise to.

We have these things called mouths from from which we can speak. Try asking.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I could care less about the smoking part, it's the trashy butts that smokers can't seem to dispose of properly.

If you go to the Beach you have to smoke Mallboro Reds unfiltered.

Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That's true, but trying going to Daytona beach and ask with your mouth..............

You might end up being the ashtray!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
what kind of dip # is still smoking cigarettes in 2019

# no they shouldnt be allowed to.

all those butts just wind up in the sand

awesome building sand castles with butts riddled through them

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

That's true, but trying going to Daytona beach and ask with your mouth..............

You might end up being the ashtray!

The point is, there are many options that do not involve restricting freedoms and giving more power to state control.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Right. And when we do, some say ok, I'll put it out or move somewhere else. However there are also those who go into a ''it's my right to smoke here and it's your problem if you don't like it. Ever come across one of those? I have and not as an isolated incident.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Great.

"Lets ban something because I don't like it."

SMGDH

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Great.

SMGDH

Smoke is a little more than just "I don't like it". It has been proven second hand smoke is dangerous.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Right. And when we do, some say ok, I'll put it out or move somewhere else. However there are also those who go into a ''it's my right to smoke here and it's your problem if you don't like it. Ever come across one of those? I have and not as an isolated incident.

Oh I have, indeed. The problem with freedom is that we often end up in situations we do not like. And people often exploit the freedoms, essentially ruining them for others. I just do not think resorting to statism and taking away their freedom is the correct response for what seems like a minor inconvenience. Personally, I would much rather move to a different spot than to have another's freedom given away.
edit on 3-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Great.

SMGDH

Smoke is a little more than just "I don't like it". It has been proven second hand smoke is dangerous.

So has car exhaust.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Great.

SMGDH

So is walking across a street without looking both ways.

Should we ban streets?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Great.

SMGDH

Should we ban streets?

life is dangerous, we should just ban life. everyone can not leave the their rooms......ever. for their own safety, of course.
edit on pm11201919America/Chicago03p03pm by annoyedpharmacist because: typo in every post. check

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Great.

SMGDH

Should we ban streets?

Nobody forces you to walk across the street without looking both ways.
If I'm at the beach and tons of people are smoking, I'm going to have to breath it.
So they are basically taking away my rights of others that don't want to breath it.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Oh I have, indeed. The problem with freedom is that we often end up in situations we do not like. And people often exploit the freedoms, essentially ruining them for others. I just do not think resorting to statism and taking away their freedom is the correct response for what seems like a minor inconvenience. Personally, I would much rather move to a different spot than to have another's freedom given away.

This is what it really looks like on some Florida beaches. There might not be another area to move to. So should people that don't want to breath in second hand smoke just not get to enjoy public beaches because of someone's addition?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Great.

SMGDH

Should we ban streets?

If I'm at the beach and tons of people are smoking, I'm going to have to breath it.
So they are basically taking away my rights of others that don't want to breath it.

We should ban peanuts then, because allergies.

We should ban perfume then, because I hate the smell.

Why not just make a statue of a cigarette and knock it over?

Then we could write a book about it so you can burn it.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Great.

SMGDH

Should we ban streets?

We should ban peanuts then, because allergies.

We should ban perfume then, because I hate the smell.

Why not just make a statue of a cigarette and knock it over?

Then we could write a book about it so you can burn it.

Big difference between just not liking something, and something that has a direct negative health impact on someone else's health.

www.richmondregister.com...

"The scientific evidence that links secondhand smoke with heart disease and cancer has been mounting for decades. Not only that, the effects of temporary exposure to smoke are also well documented and include headaches, breathing problems, and even nausea. The bottom line is that secondhand smoke has numerous short-term and long-term consequences for innocent bystanders."
edit on 3-1-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just pick up your damn butts and make an attempt at least to keep from annoying non-smokers near you. Is that really too much to ask?

Maybe smoking huts would be a good idea...you know, like bathrooms. We don't just pee and defecate on the beach because we have the urge. We find a porta potty or public restroom (ugh!...I know), but that's what we do so our neighbors stay healthy in their immediate environment.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well then support the god-damn ban then.

Then ban something else.

Then something else.

Then something else.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

www.nbcnews.com...

"Plastic straw ban? Cigarette butts are the single greatest source of ocean trash
Yet the No. 1 man-made contaminant in the world’s oceans is the small but ubiquitous cigarette butt — and it has mostly avoided regulation"

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well then support the god-damn ban then.

Then ban something else.

Then something else.

Then something else.

Sounds like someone needs a cigarette break

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join