It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mixed Messages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: JAGStorm

Probably but how hard can it be to make an email that just says "we'll ship after the 5th"?

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The joys of a modern world. You probably could have demanded those 20 back. Is it just me or is the quality of those logistics companies declining? I had it a few times by now, they didn't even ring and just left me that note that I have to pick it up.

TWICE I've had the following scenario happen. Once with US Postal Service, once with UPS, and in two different parts of the county.

Package is supposed to arrive a certain day. I'm home all day (once was at my house, the other was at my sister's house while I was visiting, halfway across the county).

Doorbell never gets rung, door doesn't get knocked on. Dogs at my house that bark at any perceived movement outside, one dog at my sister's house that WAS outside and would have barked at the delivery person as soon as the truck turned down thier long driveway.

Package never arrives. Next day, I call Postal Service and UPS, because the tracking info from the email I recieved from both says the package was delivered the day before.

Both places tell me the driver left the package at he front door. At my house, it was left "on the front step" and I don't have a front step. At my sister's house, the package was left "on the window sill of the front door." You guessed it, no window or sill on (or even near!) the front door.

At my house, after hemming and hawing, to which I kept pushing and pushing, the woman on the other end of the phone says "Ok I got I touch with the delivery driver. He left it at the wrong house. He will go back and get the package on Monday." Well this was Friday afternoon and I'm not waiting, so I ask her to give me the address where he left it. After uncomfortable silence and delay, she finally gave me a street name and number near me. I went there, and the house addresses ended about 30 numbers from the address she gave me. The address didn't exist.

At my sister's, we took a picture of the front door. I asked the lady on the end of the line at UPS to give me an email address to where I could send our picture of the front door. She didn't have an email address or phone number to which I could send this picture. Apparently they don't have a procedure for that. She explained about how an investigation would start into the package, they will try to get hold of the driver, blah blah blah. I said "So what happens if the driver continues to claim that he left the package on our window? And the package never gets found. You're twlling me the driver just gets away with it?" She said "No, not at all, then you contact where the package came from and see if they will send another" and I replied "Theu won't, because they did their job perfectly, it's UPS thay screwed up. So, wow, your driver will just get away with it." 45 minutes later, this person called me back, and guess what?! Oops! He misplaced the package and it's now on its way to our door!

Both of these packages were the same product, a very potent tea that is very expensive. Both packages had the name of the tea in the name of the company sending it to me, so the driver can easily see from the return address what is likely to be in the package.

They get away with stuff like this all the time, these mail
carriers.
edit on 3-1-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: rickymouse

They trick you into it, making you think it's convenient and than they pull a ton of crap

What was that old saying about "fool me once, shame on me fool me twice shame on you" or something like that? Those places always say they can get you things faster than they do, since most of them do that, it is considered acceptable in our society, let the buyer beware.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You simply don't know when it is going to arrive... it may not ever arrive.
Argue with what is and peace and happiness will hide.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
UPS used to put my packages at the back door out of sight of the road. Not anymore, packages are at the front door where anyone who drives or walks by can see it. Because I live on a one way street and do not drive past the front of my house when coming home and the front door is sort of in a recess I can't see unless I walk all the way around my house. I usually have things shipped to my daughter's house instead. Plus I get a lot of my neighbor's packages who is just across the street.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join