It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mixed Messages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Aaaaaargh! I've ordered stuff from a tiny online shop. Today I got an email:
"Today we've given your package to our logistics partner, you should receive it in the next 1-2 days..."
& two lines later
"We're out of stock and can't ship before the 5th..."

Which is it? And wtf!? Seriously I get that's probably just one dude selling stuff out of his garage but that is driving me insane! How unprofessional can you be. What the hell?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I agree, even though I don't think you're right.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

My bet is on the latter!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I had a certain delivery company fail to deliver express which I paid about 20 bucks extra, then I got an email saying delivery was attempted but business was closed and has been doortagged.

There was no doortag and my address is a residence not a business!

Basically I paid extra to go pick it up myself well after my express shipping date

edit on 3-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What do you mean I'm not right?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Probably but how hard can it be to make an email that just says "we'll ship after the 5th"?

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The joys of a modern world. You probably could have demanded those 20 back. Is it just me or is the quality of those logistics companies declining? I had it a few times by now, they didn't even ring and just left me that note that I have to pick it up.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
He means you’re wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You should ask for a discount.. or you should file a complaint

False Advertising Law and Legal Definition

Private parties, such as consumers or competitors, can file a complaint for false advertising under the Lanham Act. To establish a violation under the Lanham Act, consumers and competitors must prove the following: (1) the advertiser made false statements of fact about its product; (2) the false advertisements actually deceived or had the capacity to deceive a substantial segment of the target population; (3) the deception was material; (4) the falsely advertised product was sold in interstate commerce; and (5) the party bringing the lawsuit (plaintiff) was injured as a result of the deception. Injury is construed as a likelihood of injury, rather than actual injury.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I think they mean that they, personally, are out of stock, and have given your "order" to another outlet that can ship it to you on time, and you should receive it in 1-2 days. I think.....

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
He means you’re wrong.

I think he means "left"

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Oh please be right. That would be the best case scenario.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

That would maybe ruin him, with those prices professionality is probably too much to ask.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Probably but how hard can it be to make an email that just says "we'll ship after the 5th"?

My guess is they do it that way so they can say they met a certain quota
Like, their packages are on time 99% of the time.
It is a way of cheating.

I had the same thing happen with an express overnight package. It took almost three days (due to weather) which I am ok with, I just wish they would be honest about delivery times.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think the first line is the automatic message that goes to every fresh order, while the postscript is describing the true situation. Nobody noticed the inconsistency.

edit on 3-1-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It's annoying. And all it does is making me think: never again.

Here in Germany is one delivery company "dpd" which is truly awesome, they took parcel tracking to a whole new level, you can literally watch it on a map driving through town. That's so much fun and great service.
edit on 3-1-2019 by Peeple because: very funny auto very funny

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

How can they not have noticed that? Before that I got the automatic email, which says we received your order, why not put it in that?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That would maybe ruin him, with those prices professionality is probably too much to ask.

Yearh thats why you should react when there is false advertisment.. or he will keep doing it until some one does.

Or atleast give you a discount.

Well thats how it works in my country, and thats why we do not have those problems here

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I prefer to order only things I need online. I actually enjoy going to stores and talking with the sales people when I go out. You usually wind up seeing someone you know half the time and talk for a while with them and they often can tell you if something is good or junk from someone they knew buying it before.

Some things we cannot get around here and I usually have them shipped the cheapest way.

It seems that people who shop a lot online do have this same Rant problem, also packages left outside in bad weather.

edit on 3-1-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Where is that wonderful place you're speaking of, if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They trick you into it, making you think it's convenient and than they pull a ton of crap

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join