It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi wants 54 BILLION for "foreign aid" but can't find 5 billion to defend our sovereignty

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Pelosi and her open-borders anti-law enforcement democrats want to authorize a whopping (and ridiculous) 54 BILLION dollars in foreign aid to non-Americans. You heard that right, she wants to throw our hard earned money away on foreigners instead of defending this great nation's sovereign borders.

President Trump should re-allocate money from Congress (ie: defund as many federal agencies and especially democrat-benefiting "programs") in order to pay for a wall twice as large as previously decided upon.

If the Dems keep their nonsense up, make it 3 times as big. Just to satisfy their goofy diversity BS, lets write "Stay the hell out of our country" in 200 different languages on the illegal side of the wall.

Trump made a personal promise in his presidential campaign that Mexico would pay in full for the wall to be built - he made that a promise that he would see fulfilled if voted in as president. He did not make a campaign promise that American people would pay for the wall.

Nothing is ever Trumps fault with some people on ATS is it, always got to be those pesky lefties.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Ok, so if I'm Trump, I make sure the 54 billion in foreign aid gets approved and then turn around and send all of it to Mexico in exchange for them using at least half of it to build the wall. They're "foreign", no? Mexico can build it just barely on their side of the border (to avoid any legal hangups with our congress) and then gift it to the US when they're done. Voila, Mexico has paid for the wall.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Every .25 seconds you listen to Piglosi speak, another brain cell dies.

She says a wall is immoral? Can we have Israel weigh in on this one? How bout the Vatican?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So when you look at it like this you realise something very important, the government is in shut down not over $5 Billion but basically as a big F you to Trump and because Trump can't handle failing on his pledge to build his big stupid wall.

So the dems are willing to have their constituents hurt by the shut down for the mere pleasure of giving trump the finger?

If true that is about as shameful as it gets.

The GOP majorities in the House and Senate brought a bill to the President that he refused to endorse. The President very clearly and proudly declared that he would own the Shutdown.

I am unclear how the shutdown by anyone's imagination is the fault of the Democrats unless of course you believe the President should subvert our form of government and control spending regardless of either party in Congress.

Can you post proof of this?

I saw the house gop passed a hill but the senate didn’t sign, and no bill actually made it to trumps desk yet

Or are you talking about in the past?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I was joking

Sure there are some unreasonable people on all sides

I honestly say that I think establishment republicans and democrats don’t want to secure the border; does that make me a trump supporting tough guy? I don’t think so

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile
Has been their modus operandi for fifty plus years or more. Nothing new. They have slowly been marching our country toward Marxist self destruction for as long as I can remember and that is almost sixty two years. Of course I did really not understand that until thirty years into it. Remember if you are not liberal when your are young you don't have a heart. If you are not conservative when your older you don't have a brain.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

And by "special kind of thought process" you mean sane?

Well, I didn't, but since you italicized the word, that must be what I meant.

How many miles of "The Wall" have been built? None? So the precise degree of completion which could reasonably be interpreted from his statement is kind of a moot point, isn't it?

I don't know, because I'm not obsessively following the whole wall thing.

But, you know, it's pretty easy to do a quick search to realize that your "none?" response to your own question is willful ignorance: Wall is Being Built! (Slowly.)

The U.S. government is currently installing sections of Trump’s 30-foot-high wall in three places.

The good news for those who wish to see a wall built along the U.S.–Mexican border is that U.S. Customs and Border Protection has built seven miles of 30-foot-high wall in the past few months, and roughly 30 more miles of high fencing are slated for construction.

The bad news is that there's still a lot of border to go.

So, yes, we can argue the subjective meaning of "much of the wall" means, as stated by Trump, but to pretend that the wall isn't already being constructed and other parts of it being renovated is obviously false. I literally did a one-time search on the internet to understand this.

As for the USMCA, it hasn't been ratified and so there are no "actual numbers" to be had. Furthermore, not only isn't Mexico currently "paying" for anything through this as yet unratified trade agreement, Trump can't appropriate tariff revenue. Nor is it at all certain that once ratified, the rebranded NAFTA will result in revenue increases that could be appropriated to fund "The Wall."

Right, so you're talking out of your ass when you imply that Trump's claim is incorrect or flat-out intentionally false--at least as much out of your ass as you claim that Trump is talking out of his. I mean, does POTUS really have to add phrases like "if passed" before or after comments like this for you to be able to comprehend his point? Or are you content enough in wallowing in the misery of whining about semantics in lieu of critical thinking that you just can't get past such ideologically driven arguments? Is it too hard for you to understand that he's talking about overall increase in revenue for the nation and not direct monies that will only be applied for the wall?

Serious questions, because I want to understand if discussing this topic with you is as pointless as it feels.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I suggest we use the 54 billion for foreign aid and build the wall on Mexico's behalf. Everyone's happy, right?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
S&F for you!!!! This insanity has to stop. Democrats and rhino Republicans that want to subjugate our country to the globalists need to be outed. The media has triggered the left over non-issue politics that they are not connecting the dots and seeing where freedoms are headed. Yes we do not need so many cultures in our country that we wash our own identity out. Yes and on the illegal side of the wall, STAY THE HELL OUT!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I always wonder how terrifying it must be to live a life of fear, paranoid an invasion is imminent. I've never given it a thought. Why? Because it's simply not going to happen. America is not going to be invaded by Mexico or Canada or anyone else, in my lifetime anyhow. We already spend far too much on our offense, uh, defense; our military is by far the largest and most powerful in the world. And we want a wall too? That sound's like we need to do better at teaching critical thinking skills. Now there's a fantastic use of $5 billion.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
I always wonder how terrifying it must be to live a life of fear, paranoid an invasion is imminent. I've never given it a thought. Why? Because it's simply not going to happen. America is not going to be invaded by Mexico or Canada or anyone else, in my lifetime anyhow. We already spend far too much on our offense, uh, defense; our military is by far the largest and most powerful in the world. And we want a wall too? That sound's like we need to do better at teaching critical thinking skills. Now there's a fantastic use of $5 billion.

Well this seems to be a strawman.

I have conecrns about illegal immigration and want border security. That doesnt mean I think Mexico or Canada will invade. Nor have I seen almost anyone claiming this.

Yes we do spend too much money propping up foreign wars, we should allocate that money to things such as border protection and other domestic causes.

There are anywhere from 11 million to 25 million illegal immigrants in the country; that is a big problem for many reasons.

To ignore that problem and claim anyone who wants to deal with it is living in fear of an invasion of Mexico is absurd.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

So Dems give the Donald crap for upping the deficit, BUT, they are wanting on average, 29% more on programs benefitting overseas programs. Mmmmmkay.

"$12 billion more for “international affairs programs,” including $2.9 billion more “for economic and development assistance, including funding for the West Bank/Gaza, Syria, and Pakistan, where our foreign aid is either frozen or under review.”
$700 million more than requested for the United Nations, including restored funding for the United Nation’s Population Fund, which would undermine the administration’s Mexico City Policy that bars the use of taxpayer dollars for foreign organizations that “promote or perform abortions.”
Approximately $2 billion more than requested for the Environmental Protection Agency
$7.1 billion more than the administration requested for Housing and Urban Development programs"

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Or are you talking about in the past?

Yes. When I state "The GOP majorities in the House and Senate" that is the past.

Can you post proof of this?

Why Donald Trump changed his mind on the border wall (funding)
www.cnn.com...

TRUMP 'FELL IN LINE BEHIND SEAN HANNITY': RETIRING REPUBLICAN SAYS TRUMP CHANGED MIND ON BORDER WALL BECAUSE OF CABLE HOST
www.newsweek.com...

Trump did what he always does and changed his mind. Why was Congress surprised?
www.washingtonpost.com... 186

"The Senate voted 100-0 to pass a clean CR [continuing resolution] and sent it to the House," Costello, a Republican, said while speaking on MSNBC, referring to a stopgap measure that passed through the Senate Wednesday but did not include money for the wall.

"Sean Hannity and a few other people screamed fire. The president then fell in line behind Sean Hannity."

Congressional leaders agreed to a deal Wednesday that will keep the government open until Feb. 8 and push a fight over President Trump’s wall on the Mexican border into next year, when he will have to negotiate with a Democratic House.

The agreement puts a bow on a victory that congressional Democrats really scored last week, when Trump said he would embrace a partial government shutdown over his demand for $5 billion in wall funding. Both parties felt that Trump’s remarks ensured that he would get the blame for any government shutdown.

The stopgap spending measure — which covers seven unfinished appropriations bills — was expected to pass the Senate Wednesday evening. The House could approve it on Thursday.

Senate Republican Whip John Cornyn (Texas) told reporters Wednesday afternoon that Trump is expected to sign the bill, despite it falling short of his demands expressed at a fiery White House meeting with Democratic leaders last week.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, telegraphing Trump’s intentions on Tuesday, said “at the end of the day, we don’t want to shut down the government.”

Deal on stopgap pushes Trump wall fight to February
thehill.com...
edit on 4-1-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa
It is called a soft invasion. No shots fired. See you can take a country down by force using military or you can take a country down by flooding your poor into it and thus causing financial disaster. We cannot take care of these people. They are seeking help we cannot afford.

The migrant wave we saw at the turn of the twentieth century was different. They came with what they had. The government did not give them handouts. My great grandfather sold junk to make a living off a wagon. When he saved enough money he opened up a store. Todays migrants come and have babies. Do you know what it cost to have a baby? Tens of thousands of dollars. If the child is born with problems or premature, and with the prenatal care they received, these births now reach into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Where are you going to get that money? How about those not to worried about invasion pony up say 70% of your income to cover these costs.

Here is another example. I have a patient who suffered a very severe car accident ten years ago. Hit a tree at sixty plus miles per hour. He lost his right arm and needed 40 surgeries to reconstruct his face. I did some very nice and expensive work in his mouth for less than half of what it would really cost to help him out. But the real story is his mother lost her house and everything she owned to cover expenses for her son. Now do you mean to tell me that you are ok with these illegals coming over the border with all their health, financial, and other problems while this true AMERICAN had to go completely destitute to save and help her son. There was no money for her. Blood is thicker than water and to me US CITIZENS COME FIRST!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
It is called a soft invasion. No shots fired. See you can take a country down by force using military or you can take a country down by flooding your poor into it

That is not an invasion, that is the History of the United States.

and thus causing financial disaster.

History and Economic statistics have always shown that immigration is a long term boost to the national economy.

Short term, reduced immigration significantly damages Trillion Dollar sectors of the economy like agriculture and food production while raising prices.

Illegal immigration needs to be addressed rationally through immigration reform and rational solutions for enforcement.

President Trump's wall is campaign rhetoric and a child's solution.

Illegal Immigration has fallen in the last 10 years.
www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ahh, this is so sad that you are so afraid of "the others" that you have been demagogued into buying into this wall BS.

You wanna know a secret to the minds of the Dems? They know this wall nonsense is a made up crisis. Period.

Put the pipe down guys, quit giving into the demagogues and fear mongers that tell you "Dems want open borders." We don't, we see that there isn't an issue except in your heads.

There are bigger badder gangs than MS-13 operating our country.
Most drug smuggling comes in through legitimate ports.
Immigration is at a net negative on the southern border.

If you don't believe these things (all easily google-able), then you are listening to lies. OR, you WANT to believe these things to affirm your deep seated beliefs against other people. Sorry, we deal in reality, you guys need to stop with the tantrums.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa

Well this seems to be a strawman.

I have conecrns about illegal immigration and want border security. That doesnt mean I think Mexico or Canada will invade. Nor have I seen almost anyone claiming this.

Yes we do spend too much money propping up foreign wars, we should allocate that money to things such as border protection and other domestic causes.

There are anywhere from 11 million to 25 million illegal immigrants in the country; that is a big problem for many reasons.

To ignore that problem and claim anyone who wants to deal with it is living in fear of an invasion of Mexico is absurd.

Someone makes the invasion claim 3 posts below yours, and it's not a new idea from your side. To say nobodies said this, or you haven't heard it is disingenuous dude. This statement alone makes me question your desire to have an actual debate, or if you just want to win by making false statements.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Speaking of money, seems that while Trump eliminated the 2.1% pay increase for federal workers, and while many federal workers are not currently getting paid, Trump has decided that his best cronies should get 10k raises!

MAGA!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It isn't about invasion though is it?
If you simply allow illegals free passage then what happens when an incident happens? Where do you even start looking?

Did you even take the minimum time to think about the very first issue of all the issues involved?
🤔

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Where did they find such an out of touch, with the working people of this country, person? We the people do want that wall, we the people do not want to give our hard earned money away. It's time to focus on ourselves. Our news and government appear to be the most unprofessional, rude, and stupid bunch of people on the planet. I am truly amazed at the stupid news daily on yahoo, aol, cnn, etc... the IQ of this country is in the toilet bowel.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join