It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi wants 54 BILLION for "foreign aid" but can't find 5 billion to defend our sovereignty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
FINE!!!

I can embrace ignorance just like you lot!

Trump is the most popular president to have ever existed even though his polling numbers have never been above 50% since his first few days in office and he lost the popular vote by the biggest margin in history.

But yeah....to shut up a couple our more ignorant members who seem to want to get stuck on this point ok he is like super popular.
That's a good boy, now run along šŸ˜—

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: theantediluvian

Weren't we promised Mexico was paying for the stupid wall?

According to Trump, the wall is pretty much done and Mexico is already paying for it via a trade deal that hasn't been approved let alone enacted:

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Mexico is paying for the Wall through the new USMCA Trade Deal. Much of the Wall has already been fully renovated or built. We have done a lot of work. $5.6 Billion Dollars that House has approved is very little in comparison to the benefits of National Security. Quick payback!

8:35 AM - 2 Jan 2019

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And then throw government bureaucracy into the mix...

5 billion will turn into 10 for the wall, deadlines pushed back, and we'll earmark that Nestle bought the water in Lake Michigan for 100 dollars a ton (rough numbers).

That was a joke, Nestle already owns the water of Lake Michigan.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

They also own the 60% of the water comprising your body, I have given them permission to begin extraction.

edit on 3-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Trump was elected on campaigning for a wall

And having Mexico pay for it. Which we all knew back then would never happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They also own the 60% of the water comprising your body, I have given them permission to begin extraction.

Haha, jokes on them, I've tainted the f### out of everything in my body.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Trump is massively unpopular.

And he won't get to run for a second term because he will either 1 resign or 2 be impeached.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

And he won't get to run for a second term because he will either 1 resign or 2 be impeached.

Is that included with your 2015 prediction numbers or are we starting a new post 2016?

Either way, no offense, but you've been off on a few line items.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Then why does he still fill stadiums and why are his numbers on par with Obamas?

Was Obama massively unpopular too?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Not that it seems that you understand this, but popular vote is irrelevant as a total number during an election.

Furthermore, he has been more popular than Obama was at many comparative points in his presidency thus far--just because you care about the 50% mark, as if that matters, is irrelevant.

The interesting thing, though, is that Obama really wasn't all that popular for the entirety of his presidency, either, if you take the time to look at his approval ratings. Yes, he crept up past 50% at times, and was below 50% at times, too. The thing about Obama (just using as an example, since many consider him very popular) is that he started very high (69), but in his first year, he dropped in approval ratings by 20% and then reached a low at one point of 38.

At least Trump has been consistent from the start and has hovered in that low- to mid-40s on average, starting with a high of 45% (and reaching that again in June 2018) and currently sitting at 39% (on a slow decline, probably because of the budget fiasco), with a low of 33% at two points in 2017.

Keep in mind, the MSM had an orgasmic love affair with Obama, which we absolutely know affects public perception and therefore approval ratings. So, if Obama had an average of, we'll say, upper-40s to maybe 50, and Trump probably has an average of the low-40s with absolutely persistent negative portrayal in the media, what do you think that says about the true job that Trump is doing versus Obama (again, only as a reference point for perceived popularity purposes)?

Please answer with intellectual honesty, not in all caps, and only one punctuation mark at the end of each sentence, word, or phrase. Maybe only one emoji, too, if any at all.

Presidential Approval Ratings: Historical Comparisons

Please note that Obama's curve is very similar to that of Gerald Ford's...take that as you will.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It takes a bit of mental gymnastics to read, "Much of the wall has already been fully renovated or built," and equate that to, "The wall is pretty much done."

That's a special kind of thought process you have going on there.

As for the increased profits from the trade deal--do you have actual numbers to prove him wrong?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

here.

This is as easy for people like you to look at and interpret as it is for me...try harder, please.

And quit making silly predictions, as it makes me want to bookmark these types of comments from you to show you in the future to give you a bit of self reflection of how people see you.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Where is your source on her saying this? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

And quit making silly predictions, as it makes me want to bookmark these types of comments from you to show you in the future to give you a bit of self reflection of how people see you.

When people just say Trump won't finish his term in an as a matter of fact way, I usually propose the following.

Stock market has been up and down, most 401Ks have taken a hit....

If you bet that Trump doesn't finish out his term, the odds pay 9/5.

Take 50,000 out of the 401K and bet he won't finish his term, that would pay 90,000.

Now, I'm not pro-Trump or anti-Trump, but from where I'm sitting, I don't think the left can even pull themselves together should they actually get a good candidate which I highly doubt they will. My guess is he wins in 2020 while they prop up some neo-lib running on "I'm not Trump".

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
She needs a 54 billion dollar face lift.

It was totaled years ago

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yes, the 2020 run for Dems is not looking pretty considering Warren was the first to start the process of throwing her name in the hat.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You got it. Foreign aid works as well as spending money on education in this country and for the same reason -- the money never, ever goes to those who actually need it. Instead, it gets spent on high level cronies who need new luxury cars. Then they continue to whine about how they need more money for this or that poor country or for this or that poor school district.

This is why I am against all such spending, not because I don't care about those things, but because the money we pend isn't being spent on those purposes.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It takes a bit of mental gymnastics to read, "Much of the wall has already been fully renovated or built," and equate that to, "The wall is pretty much done."

That's a special kind of thought process you have going on there.

As for the increased profits from the trade deal--do you have actual numbers to prove him wrong?

And by "special kind of thought process" you mean sane?

How many miles of "The Wall" have been built? None? So the precise degree of completion which could reasonably be interpreted from his statement is kind of a moot point, isn't it?

As for the USMCA, it hasn't been ratified and so there are no "actual numbers" to be had. Furthermore, not only isn't Mexico currently "paying" for anything through this as yet unratified trade agreement, Trump can't appropriate tariff revenue. Nor is it at all certain that once ratified, the rebranded NAFTA will result in revenue increases that could be appropriated to fund "The Wall."

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

i have been reading your posts with interest and been wondering what you think the answer is to the whole immigration thing is

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Pelosi and her open-borders anti-law enforcement .

tapped out right here

all you guys and your tough guy right wing rhetoric is getting bigly old

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join