It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi wants 54 BILLION for "foreign aid" but can't find 5 billion to defend our sovereignty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Pelosi and her open-borders anti-law enforcement democrats want to authorize a whopping (and ridiculous) 54 BILLION dollars in foreign aid to non-Americans. You heard that right, she wants to throw our hard earned money away on foreigners instead of defending this great nation's sovereign borders.

President Trump should re-allocate money from Congress (ie: defund as many federal agencies and especially democrat-benefiting "programs") in order to pay for a wall twice as large as previously decided upon.

If the Dems keep their nonsense up, make it 3 times as big. Just to satisfy their goofy diversity BS, lets write "Stay the hell out of our country" in 200 different languages on the illegal side of the wall.
edit on 1/3/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
President Trump should re-allocate money from Congress (ie: defund as many federal agencies and especially democrat-benefiting "programs") in order to pay for a wall twice as large as previously decided upon.

That still wouldn't get your wall built.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That still wouldn't get your wall built.

At least not for 5 Billion.

Anyone familiar with construction, things are rarely done on time and the quote rarely matches the bill.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Anyone familiar with construction, things are rarely done on time and the quote rarely matches the bill.

I was referring more to trying to defund an agency and using that money elsewhere, the President cannot do that, only Congress controls spending.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Was it Pelosi who said the Federal Government has the ability to print enough money to meet its promises?

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
She needs a 54 billion dollar face lift.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

That sounds like a great way to get more people to vote Dem. I'm not so sure that's a great approach to this problem.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I was referring more to trying to defund an agency and using that money elsewhere, the President cannot do that, only Congress controls spending.

Gotchya, that might come down to who breaks though in this shutdown stand off.

I'm not going to lie, I'm super curious, me and my best friend have a bet down on it. Winner gets to name his new kid.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Call it Trumplosi Cruzbooker if you win.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Call it Trumplosi Cruzbooker if you win.

Richard Cheese.

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

did she also say where that 54B out of the window will come from? I am curious...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
did she also say where that 54B out of the window will come from? I am curious...

Same place it all comes from, Treasury notes we owe the debt service on.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

Same place it all comes from, Treasury notes we owe the debt service on.

Fair enough, if its all the same, how about education, health care, etc? Would be better than finance foreign war criminals?

foreign aid my a$$...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Right not particular about american politics but here is my understanding of Foreign Aid from a British perspective.
A small percentage is genuine AID but most of it, by far the bulk of so called aid end's up in the pockets of a minority of people and here is the stranger thing still most of those people are from the nation supposedly giving that aid.

The way it work's is this.

You have a few very wealth individual's whom have invested in these foreign country's or plan to do so with there own money and for the most part keep there money in offshore account's to avoid tax etc.

These wealthy AND therefore powerful individual's own the political party's in all but name.

They use foreign aid as a kind of tax on everyone else to supplement there own wealth.

This is done by using foreign aid as a bribery mechanism so helping them in there private business ventures while at the same time functioning as an illegal and corrupt unofficial tax method upon the nation giving that aid.

That is the illegitimate and actual bulk of foreign aid, you may have heard of it in story's about African and other regional leaders whom have somehow become fabulously wealthy after billions in aid has been invested into there country and that while a small percentage has gone on window dressing projects with media being shown those project's and those project's having been hyped often by the nation giving the aid the actual majority of that money then remains unaccounted for - and who is doing that accounting and on behalf of WHOM are they doing it.

Foreign aid if used properly can make poor people's lives better, stop economic migration as it raises the standards of living in those nations so aided but that is not how the world work's, the aid goes in a circle back into the corporations pockets and through them into the hands of a very small group of rip off merchant's running the whole shabang and caboodle.

edit on 3-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Although estimates vary, the cost to build a 30 ft wall across the Mexican border averages around $21 billion.

Source

I don't think the $5 billion that the President is asking for is going to make the nut.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
She needs a 54 billion dollar face lift.

No way it can be done that cheaply.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This isn't about $5 Billion, thats peanuts really to the American government, probably about what they spend on the military in a few days. Hell its less than a ford class Aircraft carrier.

I don't think the issue is the money the issue is the political optics of this situation.

Trump made a promise to build a wall and Mexico would pay for it, it was going to be his flagship policy, the big one, taking such a extreme hardline on immigration is a big part of why his voters voted for him. Turns out though that actually no Mexico aren't going to pay for his wall and actually he can't actually build a physical wall as he promised. So now the best he can do to appease his base of support is to build this metaphorical wall and for that he needs $5 Billion. Thats basically what he's asking for $5 Billion so he can turn round to his supporters and say he is still "winning", this is just to score political points.

So when you look at it like this you realise something very important, the government is in shut down not over $5 Billion but basically as a big F you to Trump and because Trump can't handle failing on his pledge to build his big stupid wall. So from my perspective then its both Trump and the Dems fault they are both playing quite a petty game really and the government is shut down as a result.

Now as much as I might not be a fan of Trump if I where him I would spin this, I would let it go on just a little longer then he admits that he's not going to get his $5 Billion because the Dems are so corrupt that its all their fault the wall can't built because they support open boarder (or whatever other nonsense he wants too spin). That way he looks like the good guy because he has gave in for the good of the country all because of the big bad Dems playing political games. Then any time anyone asks him what happened to his big stupid wall he just puts all the blame for his failure to build it and have Mexico pay for it on the Dems.

Just be clear though this nonsense about the Dems wanting open boarders is quickly turning into the biggest strawman ever, thats not the the issue the issue is a disagreement over how to best manage the boarder but over that its about a political game being played as both Trump and the Dems try to appease their base. This is the real Trump vs the Dems battle, Trump wants his wall he gets his $5 Billion he gets some semblance of a win, the Dems force him down they win.

So yeah in short like I said I don't think the money is the issue.
edit on 3-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sure it would. Trump can do whatever he wants. What is Congress going to do? Impeach him? We all know that won't happen. Castrado Dems have no cards to play, other than slightly obnoxious subpoena power which can also be dutifully ignored by Trump without recourse. Arrest him? Yeah, that's not happening either. Nothing stops him from taking money Congress allocated elsewhere. Besides, there are plenty of discretionary funds sitting in black books I'm sure.

54 billion will certainly build the wall. AKA money we don't need to be throwing away on foreigners when our own needs are 100% met.

That is America first. I personally don't give a rats ass about the foreign aid. I say cut it off 100%, possibly with the exception of military aid to Israel but ONLY because Israel contributes to our defend by undertaking military action on our behalf against radical Islamic terrorists (the only problematic form of terrorism, next to eco-terrorist nut jobs)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump made a promise to build a wall and Mexico would pay for it, it was going to be his flagship policy, the big one, taking such a extreme hardline on immigration is a big part of why his voters voted for him.

The fact you think enforcing our laws and kicking out illegal aliens is "extreme" or "hardline" shows how far gone the left really is.

I'm disappointed Mexico didn't have its arm twisted into paying for it. But if we don't get the wall, in its entirety and if Mexico won't do its job by preventing people crossing through (or from) its country and entering ours illegally, one of two things should happen:

1) US military should follow Israel's suite and take several miles of Mexico to create a large DMZ/no mans land.

2) Failing that, the border should be closed completely to all people/businesses/transport/governments/anyone until such a time as Mexico starts to act responsibly and stops letting illegals violate our sovereignty and probably theirs.

We don't have open borders. But in the end, the arrogant fake asses in the Democrat party will continue to let Americans die, suffer, be victimized by illegals and have their jobs taken by illegals, and have illegal sponge of benefits that not even all Americans have access to... simply to hurt Trump and try to FORCE HIM to break a campaign promise.

Reason is simple. Trump makes them and their cultist heroes look bad because he actually keeps his word and is doing EXACTLY what we put him in office to do. Every last bit of it. Every single last thing. Don't forget that he has somewhere around 100-150 million people standing behind/beside him. Very loyal people too, unlike those the left is used to dealing with. Endlessly loyal. But I guess the left knows nothing about honor, loyalty or dignity. That much is obvious

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump made a promise to build a wall and Mexico would pay for it, it was going to be his flagship policy, the big one, taking such a extreme hardline on immigration is a big part of why his voters voted for him.

The fact you think enforcing our laws and kicking out illegal aliens is "extreme" or "hardline" shows how far gone the left really is.

I'm disappointed.

Its a matter of opinion, I am against illegal immigration but Trump has taken extreme and hardline policy in my view with his big ass wall and so called Muslim ban. You might have a different view on that which is fine but I must say I am a little disappointed out of all I wrote that you only picked up on two single words to discuss.

1) US military should follow Israel's suite and take several miles of Mexico to create a large DMZ/no mans land.

No invading a foreign state is not the answer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join