It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Transgender Regretters Come Out Of The Closet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Your attemt at painting me as some old-fashioned bigot sexist from the 40's is a big fail. Your argument is stupid and preposterous.

Lol, what attempt? You've done it for me.

Ok. Then, you're welcome.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TheRedneck

The info in the OP is anecdotal. I don’t believe there are any legitimate studies that claim gender dysphoria is primarily a result of past trauma or some other mental illness.

Are there situations when someone seems to present symptoms of gender dysphoria, when in fact there are other issues? Definitely. Should there be an exhaustive therapy treatment to make sure? Absolutely.

I should edit to add that all the trans people I know personally had extensive therapy before transitioning took place. Like, YEARS of it.

How MANY trans people do you know??

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
What exactly gay people have to do with trans people? If it was the same there wouldn't be lgbT. Yes T on the end.

We are trying to find out if there is a link between people willing do to insane things to "be different" and growing or sucking penises.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That sounds like insurance fraud on a huge scale, if the description was tweaked and left in the DSM for the expressed purpose of ensuring insurance covered expensive surgeries and such.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I'm probably going to be sorry I weighed in on this, but here goes:

I'm really not surprised. While I do accept that gender dysphoria is a real thing, I would expect it to be a very rare thing. Why? Simply because it would have to be a discrepancy in the hormonal levels during pregnancy... nothing else would explain it.

Simplified for comprehension, all children are conceived female. The hormonal levels during early life in the womb determine the gender based on the chromosomal structure. Males develop hormonal deviations, mainly higher testosterone levels, that transform the genitalia into male and also affect biological structures throughout other parts of the body. At the same time, those hormones also affect brain development which then manifests itself as either male or female behavior.

Whether people like to admit it or not, there are mental as well as physical differences between males and females. The mental differences are less binary than the physical, exhibiting themselves in a myriad of shades of grey, while physical differences tend to lend themselves to either male of female characteristics. Of course, that is not completely binary either... there are hermaphrodites (again, rare), but also there are variations in the amounts of masculinity or femininity that one's body exhibits. Some males have bodies that are less masculine, and some women have bodies that are more masculine than the generally accepted average.

But when the hormones present themselves, they are in the bloodstream and thus are present in both body and brain. In order for there to be true gender dysphoria, the hormone levels would have to undergo some pretty wild fluctuations. Again, this is possible, but would be expected to be rare.

On the other hand, mental development is not as cut-and-dried. We still do not fully understand the implications that our societal lifestyles place on the young. Seemingly minor early life events can seriously skew our mentality, to the point that I sometimes wonder of we are not all victims of some degree of mental illness. The parents' job in life is to protect from these harmful experiences, but no one is 100% successful.

Bottom line is, we still have no solid methodology to determine if a person is suffering from actual gender dysphoria or from some other condition that is manifesting itself with similar symptoms. Considering that society itself is built around male and female differences (many languages even are built around male and female words), it makes little to no sense to automatically proceed with assumptions of gender dysphoria without first carefully trying to determine if there is a substantial possibility of a different diagnosis.

Our society tends to operate based on knee-jerk reactions, though. We live reactively rather than proactively. Transgender rights have become the cause du'jour of our time period, and that leads people to actually try and force the diagnoses, even those which may be questionable, onto those diagnosed. This is a horrendous practice, and it should never be championed; not only does it hold the possibility of doing additional mental damage to the recipient of the treatment, but it also minimizes those who are truly in need of help becoming transgender.

TheRedneck

Lol, you forgot to include Phrenology in your thesis for what you've based your argument on, for all the good/logic it does you.

Oh if only complete uneducated laymen could make more people listen to their professional medical opinions....

I'd rather take value from such an opinion, which is not based on armchair concepts but a thought out and well reasoned composure...

But I guess we'll stick to "I feel purty. Call me sally, and hand me my pink polka dot dress will you sweety. I have a kindergarten class in half an hour and I know how best to teach the kiddies all about a man wearing a dress." expert opinions.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Caitlyn Jenner has made statements that suggest she regrets becoming female. Suicide rates for transgender people are well above average, and studies have shown that, on the whole, transgender people are no happier than they were before.

It's not politically correct to say so, but yes, there is every indication that gender dysphoria is a mental disorder. The person cannot accept themselves for who they are, and they believe their life would be better if they were the other gender. I imagine that in most cases the person suffered from some sever trauma, like sexual abuse as a child.

Body Dysmorphia: "I'm too fat, I need to be skinnier despite only weighting 38kg. *starve starve purge purge*" = "Honey, you need help."

Gender Dysmorphia: "I'm too male, I need to be prettier despite having a beard and tackle. *cut cut hack hack inverted urethra*" = "Time Magazine: Woman of the Year!"

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Not as much fluidity once you have a surgery eh?

Not for a few weeks, at least. Ouch !

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Mental problems are indeed very real, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

How many do you know? Let's take that a step further to ask how many trans family members or close loved ones do you know that are trans because it's a true perception changer when it affects someone close to home and heart.

Walt Heyer is the poster child of the fundamentalist anti-trans/anti-LGBT brigade such as the Family Research Council, the Alliance Defending Freedom and the American College of Pediatricians et al and has admitted he lied his way through the therapy and evaluation process to obtain surgery and was never trans in the first place. When you do something this stupid and self-delusional, regrets are inevitable.

There's an estimated 1.4 million transgender people in the U.S. The actual number of those genuinely transsexual having had sex change surgery is very small and the rates of regret are statistically very low. Out of nearly 327 million people in this country, somewhere between 2500 and 3000 of these so called “gender affirming” surgeries are performed annually with somewhere only around 800-1200 of those procedures involving the genitals.

If the efficacy of this therapy was in question and didn’t improve the overall quality of life for the majority of trans people, do you really think that with a hundred years of research into this phenomenon that they wouldn’t have figured out by now that it is a flawed approach and such things would have been outlawed? Do you really think the reason this practice has continued and become even more widely accepted is just because money grubbing doctors are out to make a quick buck off the hardships of others or the radical trans activists really have that much clout? Seriously? The vast majority trans people do not have genital surgery anyway so I’m sure your feigned concern about their wellbeing is probably unwelcome.

Dispelling the Myths About Trans People “Detransitioning”

Myths About Transition Regrets

So Walt in his great wisdom has found 30 fellow regretters. It's just like the crazy trans person in the Gamestop video where a few bad apples broadly and inaccurately create negative generalizations about a community that most people have no actual knowledge of or connection to and since the whole thing seems a little nuts to most folks, these stories do nothing but fuel their confirmation bias. Some men abuse and rape women. Does that mean all men are abusers and rapists? Please apply the same logic.

Yes, people do regret and detransition. As most "gender clinics" report natal females seeking treatment now outnumber natal males seeking same, those currently most likely to be unhappy and choosing to detransition are biologically female. In their case, disassociation from unresolved past trauma does seem to be the most commonly offered reason. For those going from MtF, lack of societal and familial acceptance is the most common driving factor in detransition. They're all over YouTube if you care to look but just because there are those do that slip through the cracks, lie or are inadequately misdiagnosed, don’t throw all trans people under the bus just as I won’t assume all men are abusers and rapists just because some of them are.

What does what trans people do have to do with your lives anyway other than giving you something to be outraged about and a nifty political rallying point you’ve been lead down the rabbit hole to believe that in truth is just another distraction among many from the real problems in the world.

From what I’ve seen, being trans is really hard. Lack of knowledge and some of the attitudes and opinions expressed in this and other recent threads certainly doesn’t help make their lives any easier.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

I'm probably going to be sorry I weighed in on this, but here goes:

I'm really not surprised. While I do accept that gender dysphoria is a real thing, I would expect it to be a very rare thing. Why? Simply because it would have to be a discrepancy in the hormonal levels during pregnancy... nothing else would explain it.

Simplified for comprehension, all children are conceived female. The hormonal levels during early life in the womb determine the gender based on the chromosomal structure. Males develop hormonal deviations, mainly higher testosterone levels, that transform the genitalia into male and also affect biological structures throughout other parts of the body. At the same time, those hormones also affect brain development which then manifests itself as either male or female behavior.

Whether people like to admit it or not, there are mental as well as physical differences between males and females. The mental differences are less binary than the physical, exhibiting themselves in a myriad of shades of grey, while physical differences tend to lend themselves to either male of female characteristics. Of course, that is not completely binary either... there are hermaphrodites (again, rare), but also there are variations in the amounts of masculinity or femininity that one's body exhibits. Some males have bodies that are less masculine, and some women have bodies that are more masculine than the generally accepted average.

But when the hormones present themselves, they are in the bloodstream and thus are present in both body and brain. In order for there to be true gender dysphoria, the hormone levels would have to undergo some pretty wild fluctuations. Again, this is possible, but would be expected to be rare.

On the other hand, mental development is not as cut-and-dried. We still do not fully understand the implications that our societal lifestyles place on the young. Seemingly minor early life events can seriously skew our mentality, to the point that I sometimes wonder of we are not all victims of some degree of mental illness. The parents' job in life is to protect from these harmful experiences, but no one is 100% successful.

Bottom line is, we still have no solid methodology to determine if a person is suffering from actual gender dysphoria or from some other condition that is manifesting itself with similar symptoms. Considering that society itself is built around male and female differences (many languages even are built around male and female words), it makes little to no sense to automatically proceed with assumptions of gender dysphoria without first carefully trying to determine if there is a substantial possibility of a different diagnosis.

Our society tends to operate based on knee-jerk reactions, though. We live reactively rather than proactively. Transgender rights have become the cause du'jour of our time period, and that leads people to actually try and force the diagnoses, even those which may be questionable, onto those diagnosed. This is a horrendous practice, and it should never be championed; not only does it hold the possibility of doing additional mental damage to the recipient of the treatment, but it also minimizes those who are truly in need of help becoming transgender.

TheRedneck

Lol, you forgot to include Phrenology in your thesis for what you've based your argument on, for all the good/logic it does you.

Oh if only complete uneducated laymen could make more people listen to their professional medical opinions....

I'd rather take value from such an opinion, which is not based on armchair concepts but a thought out and well reasoned composure...

But I guess we'll stick to "I feel purty. Call me sally, and hand me my pink polka dot dress will you sweety. I have a kindergarten class in half an hour and I know how best to teach the kiddies all about a man wearing a dress." expert opinions.

Spoken as one with likely a variety of maladjusted 'enlargements' on their skull....

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Treat them just like the morons who tattoo and and pierce themselves into caricatures. Do what you wish to your own body, just don’t expect me to change my life or societal norms because of it. . a reply to: LordAhriman

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TheRedneck

The info in the OP is anecdotal. I don’t believe there are any legitimate studies that claim gender dysphoria is primarily a result of past trauma or some other mental illness.

Are there situations when someone seems to present symptoms of gender dysphoria, when in fact there are other issues? Definitely. Should there be an exhaustive therapy treatment to make sure? Absolutely.

I should edit to add that all the trans people I know personally had extensive therapy before transitioning took place. Like, YEARS of it.

Including some of whom I met on this site? Around 15-20. I also live in a liberal city which is more tolerant, so, I’ve come across a fair number who were trying to get away from the narrow-minded. My teen daughter has also become “pen pals” online with a teen trans female (who hasn’t had any surgery, so don’t go nuts on me).

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I also live in a liberal city which is more tolerant...

In my experience, that is a false premise. Tolerance in a city means tolerance only as long as people do as they're told.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cybelle

Walt Heyer is the poster child of the fundamentalist anti-trans/anti-LGBT brigade...

And there it is... the obligatory Trans Activist attack on Walt Heyer. Again.

And yes, I will be very blunt and state that I do believe you are part of the Trans Activist Gaslighting Brigade right off the bat, so there is no misunderstanding in what I am saying or where I am coming from.

If the efficacy of this therapy was in question and didn’t improve the overall quality of life for the majority of trans people, do you really think that with a hundred years of research into this phenomenon that they wouldn’t have figured out by now that it is a flawed approach and such things would have been outlawed?

I'm betting dollars to donuts that you know that the appropriate and proper research has not been done. And I'm pretty sure you know that because if you are half as informed about the Trans Industry as you purport, then you know the tantrums thrown to STOP the appropriate and proper research from being done.

Trans Activists’ Campaign Against ‘TERFs’ has Become an Attack on Science

Academics are being harassed over their research into transgender issues

...a community that most people have no actual knowledge of or connection to and since the whole thing seems a little nuts to most folks, these stories do nothing but fuel their confirmation bias.

Unfortunately for you, I have done my homework, and I do have much knowledge, which can be quite ugly. As you well know.

Of course not all men are violent sexual predators... and not all men identifying as trans are violent sexual predators... but many are. And unless and until those predators are removed from the equation there is a huge problem. As long as those predators are welcome in the Trans Industry, there is a huge problem.

For those going from MtF, lack of societal and familial acceptance is the most common driving factor in detransition...

I have read many many stories of detransitioning, and no, it's not because of mean old "society." More often than not, it's because they realized they had other mental/emotional issues that were ignored while the gender dysphoria was focused upon... even obsessed upon. Others were miserable from adverse effects from drugs/surgeries. And most finally realized that they are who and what they are, and no amount of medical treatment will ever change that. Like this person:

'I'm still a man' says transsexual woman who has a warning for those considering a sex change

What does what trans people do have to do with your lives anyway...

As if you don't already know. Most of the "rights" being demanded by the Trans Activist Industry is a clear and gross violation of women's hard fought rights -- including forcing themselves into private spaces for women! More important, women have certain needs based upon their very real physiology/biology, and men identifying as women will never be part of that, and there is no virtue in ignoring those very real needs in order to be "inclusive." And there is nothing good about women being labeled "TERFs" and attacked for protecting and defending the needs of women. And that's not even getting into the threat presented by AGPs.

Transwomen are transwomen... but transwomen are not and never will be women, and everyone needs to respect that... or the war will continue.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is a big issue, and shouldn't be.

Who started sex change surgery?

Male twins were born in Australia, both were circumcised. One lost his dick as a result.

A pedophile psychiatrist approached the parents and talked them into raising dickless as a girl.

Therapy included making the boys molest each other.

Both boys have suicided.

But the Pedo doctors decided to push this as a success, John Hopkins performed numerous surgeries, until they realised that post surgical patients were killing themselves at twenty times the number of patients who never had surgery.

Patients were worse off with surgery, they couldn't fit into society, become functional.

Gender Identity Disorder / Gender Dysphoria is a complex mental illness.

It's accompanied by at least two other mental illnesses.

It's a Body Dysmorphia. Like Anorexia.

So anorexics think they are fat. We don't give them liposuction.

People with Alien Limb Syndrome (think their leg is not their own) surgeons don't cut their leg off.
Saw a show were a guy stuck his leg in that liquid ice stuff, then called an ambulance and had to have it amputated. In the show, he NEVER said he was happy the leg was gone.

Gender Identity Disorder. 95 percent of children that suffer it accept their true sex after puberty.

I read of a guy who was told that he had been a woman in his past life, he accepted that and his current sex.

MKULTRA= GOVERNMENT MIND CONTROL

MKULTRA uses trauma to induce multiple personalities or DID.

The personalities are then programmed.
Each person have personalities of the opposite sex and different sexual orientations.

This explains why so many military men go trans.
It's one of their alternative personalities, triggered by their handler.

It's also an efficient way for the military to disable the men.

Sex offenders are using trans as a way of changing their identity and accessing victims.
Also forcing women out of women's roles.

It's part of the Homo/Pedo New World Order plan to replace women with men.

Do some searches, plenty of links

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLorax

If that's true you should provide the links as it adds some credence to support what you have said.

I will say this though, there is no other animal in nature that chooses to perform elective surgeries or chemical castration, on their offspring, or themselves, later in life down to the fact that they are unwilling or unable to accept the sex they are born.

There are some species that exhibit sequential hermaphroditism, but they don't use tools and technologies to modify their bodies, only we do that.

Hence my ambivalence to believe this transgenderism is anything other than a mental illness along the lines of Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

Anyone that wishes to do that to a child should be first on the operating table and/or be feed the same hormone retardation drugs as the poor kid they willingly allow to be experimented on.

And what does nature do to the poor souls when they stop taking the medications to retard their own body chemistry? It attempts to correct the situation and surgeries and to close the gaping wounds we created by way of our meddling.

edit on 6-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I also live in a liberal city which is more tolerant...

In my experience, that is a false premise. Tolerance in a city means tolerance only as long as people do as they're told.

TheRedneck

Have you been gay or trans in a conservative town?

I didn’t think so.

Gay and trans people do tend to move to more liberal cities, like San Francisco and Austin and NYC. They tend to not like to stick around small towns in the Bible Belt. That’s a fact.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I know plenty of gay people in Glasgow, Scotland, where homosexuality, up until the 1980s was still considered to be a criminal act of depravity punishable by gaol time.

The world spun mate, people are a lot open and understanding in this day of age, and not just in "small towns in the Bible Belt" of the USA.

That does not mean that they consider it normal to remove or retard body chemistry and parts in an attempt to approximate the opposite sex, and that is all it is, an approximation im afraid.

Plenty of other animals in nature practice homosexuality, transgenderism not so much.

That being said, adults should be able to do as they please to their own bodies, as people are free to do as they wish, just not to there kids, imho.

edit on 6-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Cybelle

I have read many many stories of detransitioning, and no, it's not because of mean old "society." More often than not, it's because they realized they had other mental/emotional issues that were ignored while the gender dysphoria was focused upon... even obsessed upon. Others were miserable from adverse effects from drugs/surgeries. And most finally realized that they are who and what they are, and no amount of medical treatment will ever change that. Like this person:

'I'm still a man' says transsexual woman who has a warning for those considering a sex change

Another perspective...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The world will spin again, “mate”, and there will come a time when identifying as a different gender will once again be acceptable, as it has been in many cultures throughout recorded history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join