It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Transgender Regretters Come Out Of The Closet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: TheRedneck

All three mothers and fathers, by the way, are going along with it. One mom told me she finds it difficult and that her husband finds it even MORE difficult, but they've tried not to let their "son"
see their struggle. All of them are just going along with it.

Society has gone off the rails.

Gone are the halcyon days when we could all just have them quietly committed and everyone (except them of course, who gives a # about them) was happy again. The world started going to # when folks started objecting to forced sexual stereotypes, eh?

No. The world started going to # when parents stopped being parents and started letting their CHILDREN, especially children in adolesence in puberty who have (normal) raging hormones and boundary-pushing as they begin the confusing (normal) and rocky process of learning to be independent, to call the shots. That process takes years, however, for a reason, because all kids go through all sorts of phases as they test different things out. It's been happening since humans started having children.

Would you allow your 10 year-old to get a tatoo of Tony the Tiger from the cereal box Frosted Flakes on their face? No? Why? Because you know that your kiddo will eventually grow out of he phase where they think Tony the Tiger is cool as hell and they won't always want to be Tony the Tiger, and they will regret that tatoo on their face for the rest of their lives.

Your attemt at painting me as some old-fashioned bigot sexist from the 40's is a big fail. Your argument is stupid and preposterous.
edit on 3-1-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: KansasGirl

weird.. I don't know one.

Where do you live? I wonder that it corresponds to the social climate. I'm in DC. And more specifically, a northern Virginia suburb where the schools are knee-jerk reactionary bows to every social "cause" of the day.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I have had the opposite experience. Every trans female I know has no regrets over their transitioning. The only regrets they may have about their transition are the things they just cannot change ( large hands, broad shoulders, etc.). The happiest trans people I know, are the one who began transitioning early enough that those “male” attributes didn’t get a chance to present themselves.

I don’t really know any trans males, so I can’t speak to any personal experience there.

But when you read the short story, the writer of the book notes that he was happy living as a woman for a decade before diving into the root cause of the need to distance himself from reality--once that root cause was confronted, the need to desire to be something he wasn't fell to the wayside (and regret set it).

What's to say that your anecdotal claim isn't just catching these trans females in the midst of their decade, but in the future won't regret their decision? I'm not saying that they will for certain, but he whole point of the story in the link is that it took true psychological evaluation in finding the trigger in his past that made him want to be a female.

And there are myriad stories like this, both from individuals and mental-health professionals alike, that note that the gender dysphoria (PKA: Gendery Identity Disorder) is a symptom of psychological scarring from events in the individual's past, many times the memory of which is blocked out.

I met a trans male (no genital surgery, but all of the hormone stuff) and drank and hung out with him until the wee hours of the morning at my friend's house a while back, and he was one of the nicest people and talked openly about the trans stuff. If he doesn't have any psychological scarring from past issues making him be trans, then cool, but if he does, then I hope that he gets it all figured out eventually.

I'll tell you one thing, though--it was hell for his daughter, who was absolutely confused as hell about the whole thing (we first met her because she was sitting on the stone wall in front of our house crying all alone...about the issue). I hope that she's doing okay these days (we have since moved and it was a couple years ago).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that people put on a happy face a lot, even if there is deep-seated sadness or confusion going on inside--hopefully you can take your friends' word that they are happy with their choice, but unfortunately, it could be a façade to cover other, darker emotions about the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

i lived in northern virginia for a time.

i grew up and my kids grew up in the burbs of atlanta.

live in denver now.

i've got a boat load of sibling, too. don't know one person going through transition or one person who is struggling with it - not one.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Chose not to put on your thinking cap today?

If you're only here to do drive-by insinuations and trolling, please pick a less adult topic in which to do it.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm in DC. And more specifically, a northern Virginia suburb where the schools are knee-jerk reactionary bows to every social "cause" of the day.

Sorry to be off-topic, but just allowed your none-of-our-business location in your info be our business. It's all paradoxy...are you even from Kansas?

Are dogs and cats now living together? This is mass hysteria!

Do you even know where Kansas is? DO YOU?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

That does sound exceptionally unusual. To be honest, it sounds like a rebellious phase. Most children do go through a rebellious stage around that time, and what they are rebelling against is much less important than the fact that they are rebelling. There could also be some hidden angst toward the parents... taking away their 'little girl,' if you will.

That's obviously just a SWAG (Sophisticated Wild-Ass Guess).

I can't think of any transgender individuals I know personally. I may know some and they just keep their inner feelings hidden; this is Alabama. I really consider that a failing of mine, since it is hard for me to even try and imagine how someone must feel in such a condition. The world would be so much nicer and better for everyone if people were able to speak honestly without snide comments like Wayfarer keeps making. Maybe we could come to understand each other.

I do think a lot of the angst this type of issue brings up (and I place the gay issues in this same category) is that as a species we do seem to have some pretty involved mating rituals. Youth is spent not just learning the basics and ways of civilization; it is also a time when individuals compete for dominance just as many other species do. It seems to be an instinctive response, since the fight for dominance usually begins well before puberty.

In this fight for dominance, men who seem less masculine, especially those who exhibit a desire or tendency to be feminine, are at a severe disadvantage. Likewise, women who show a desire or tendency to be masculine have issues with the female half of society which seems to be concerned with dominance in attracting males rather than physical conquest.

I find this whole subject quite interesting... at least as long as it can remain on an intellectual level. Let's hope this thread continues to do so.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Most of the trans people I know, knew they had gender dysphoria at a very young age. I know someone who is 60-ish, who has lived as a transgender person for well over 40 years. They have a normal life, and no one in their community even knows they are transgender.

Don’t assume that every transgender person just has some other mental illness, and I won’t assume that every transgender person doesn’t. K?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Your attemt at painting me as some old-fashioned bigot sexist from the 40's is a big fail. Your argument is stupid and preposterous.

Lol, what attempt? You've done it for me.
edit on 01pm19fpmThu, 03 Jan 2019 12:18:52 -0600America/ChicagoThu, 03 Jan 2019 12:18:52 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Chose not to put on your thinking cap today?

If you're only here to do drive-by insinuations and trolling, please pick a less adult topic in which to do it.

One persons drive-by trolling is another's elucidating humor.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

First, thanks for not just making a knee jerk reactive reply.

Our society tends to operate based on knee-jerk reactions,

This can never ever be overlooked. The tendency for people to flock to the '' latest'' fad has been proven over and over for decades. The hula hoop. the pet rock. What ever is trending. Those who want to be different from the hoard, the pack. Tattooing and piercing was once a mark of individualism, now a mandatory expression of the crowd.

On this trans issue I see that this was never a possibility before, changing sex. And as we look out at the brave new world coming down the pike, how consciousness is developing, how identity is now becoming understood, the work going into artificial intelligence and bio combos and all that stuff is and will be offering a plethora of these ''latest fads'' for the foreseeable future.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

ummm...that's all good...up until you include the chemical and hormonal precursors/affects that have been added to water...food...and packaging...and that are present in the environment due to medications being flushed and expelled as well as herbicides/fungicides/and pesticides...

Add all of that into the mix that you stated is inherently biological...and...the readily quantifiable is now not as easy to factor...

This insures that those gray areas are almost normative...and rarity...not as rare as it once was...

On top of all that we have the relatively new gender-less is more pogram against bisexuality...which further complicates...purposely...an already complex and sensitive sociological arena...

It all certainly makes me wonder at the why's behind what seems to me a directed campaign...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Don’t assume that every transgender person just has some other mental illness, and I won’t assume that every transgender person doesn’t. K?

Sure, and that's why I specifically said in this thread, in response to you:

I'm not saying that they will [regret their decision] for certain, ...

and

If [the trans guy I hung out with] doesn't have any psychological scarring from past issues making him be trans, then cool, but if he does, then I hope that he gets it all figured out eventually.

I never said "that every transgender person just has some other mental illness," so you don't need to make a deal with me not to say something that I never did, and actually acknowledged isn't always the case.

K?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

They can be both at the same time...doesn't negate the reality that you're trolling.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I have had the opposite experience. Every trans female I know has no regrets over their transitioning. The only regrets they may have about their transition are the things they just cannot change ( large hands, broad shoulders, etc.). The happiest trans people I know, are the one who began transitioning early enough that those “male” attributes didn’t get a chance to present themselves.

I don’t really know any trans males, so I can’t speak to any personal experience there.

I agree with you to some degree but I'll never endorse puberty blockers.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: kaylaluv
a reply to: Annee

Haha, two people who I did not expect to agree with me!

This was a very pleasant surprise. Thank you both.

TheRedneck

That is an impressive double.

Especially, on that topic.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I did not mistake the implication of your post.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

to the point that I sometimes wonder of we are not all victims of some degree of mental illness.

This right here....everyone's crazy...it's the ones that think they're not you should worry about.

But seriously, every single person's brain is slightly different. No two people have the same thought patterns or life experiences. In a way every single person lives in a world where everybody else is slightly crazy compared to you and you're crazy to everyone else you meet.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
One man's mental illness is another's liberating idea.
We should take great care to limit what we determine mental illnesses to be.
Let freedom be, you don't have to accommodate it nor do you need to do anything about it.
Freedom is letting others win or fail on their own merit and ideals.
edit on 5-1-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I agree with you to some degree but I'll never endorse puberty blockers.

Puberty blockers are pretty much the definition of denying reality. Also, before puberty you don't have any sexuality to speak of.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join