It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has added 2 trillion to our national debt in two years.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

More like Obama's priority was bailing out the bankster's that designed the collapse. Did nothing about the oil speculators that turned it into a 1-2 punch when gas was artificially driven up over $5 a gallon right as the rest of the economy was at the greatest point of freefall.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Eventually our grandkids will realize the partisan nonsense screwed the country really good and they will conclude both must happen. taxes will have to be raised significantly, and government will have to shrink in order to buy back our country one day.

And they will curse us all...anyone who has been around these last 60 years...and they will be right to do so

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Obama, bailed out the U.S. What is trumps excuse for the debt rising so much? Bash Obama all you want, he was far better than this idiot.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

While soundguy is insufferably anti-Trump, this is (finally) legitimate criticism.

Though I'd like to know why debt only seems to matter now when we were told that it wasn't a problem when we hit 20 trillion during the Obama years.

This is the new normal. Until it comes down around our ears.

Trump isn't a conservative. Certainly not a fiscal conservative. We need to push him to cut spending. One area where I believe Trump is making headway is in the cutting of military operations. Leaving Syria and hopefully Iraq and Afghanistan soon would go a long way toward debt reduction.
edit on 3 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's amazing how presidents change every 4 or 8 years with term limits, and are always 100% to blame for spending, deficits and debt.

Yet the government is currently in a partial shutdown because the president can't get the funding he wants. Congress sets the budget and spending. Their failure to be fiscally responsible is always blamed on the president.

Trump accepted the blame for the shutdown in advance because he knew he'd be blamed for it anyway.

This insanity will end badly for this country inevitably, no matter who gets the blame.

edit on 3-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I can't bring myself yo care anymore, because nobody wants to fix things.

I remember the out rsge in the 80s when debt hit a point where it was something like 14k per person... Now it's like 65k per person.

When democrats had all the power the dems were more interested in spending money, when Republicans had the power they also were more interested in spending money.

Though at least republican congress under Clinton took some steps in the right direction.

Yet the same people that scream about the debt insist on voting for the 2 parties that only want to spend the money.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

In the meantime he has spent 78 days at Mara Largo, which he bills the U.S. taxpayers for

... at a cool 1 million $ for each visit

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

As long as Trump can sleep soundly at night, wake up feeling good, dump out yesterdays bucket of KFC into his gold plated toilet, and keep making America Reeeee Again, it is worth it!

I would sell my house, wife and kids to keep that man flush with cash.

He is a god and our country should be bowing down to kiss his freshly pedicured toes.

Anyone who disagrees with Trumps needs and golf score is a total Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and probably used to work at a vape shop.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

OK. So what. Were you outgassing over Bush and Obama? Did you ever think that we are too big to fail? I mean look at all of the "servants" to the people. Guys and girls like all politicians and government employees. Retired FBI or any other Federal Agents retire at $100,000 per year. So who owns the Federal Reserve? In MBA Graduate school, they just summarized that no one really knows how it works from an ownership perspective. End of subject and they moved on. So Rothschild's?

Nah the Eagle and the Bear need to to unite as predicted by Nostradamus. They need to seize all the central banks and pay off all debts owed by every country and start anew.

edit on 3-1-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 3-1-2019 by Waterglass because: christ another typo

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

All governments overspend. Americans need to pay more in tax if they want to tackle their surreal national debt.

But who's going to get in office on that ticket?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
In all seriousness, where exactly does anyone think trump can trim a trillion dollars a year from government spending?

The 2019 budget is $4.4 trillion.
Now cut 25% of that spending.

What is getting cut?
Infrastructure?
Social security?
Medicare?
Military?

Keep in mind that social security in its entirety is a bit over $900 billion.

Let's keep bitching about presidents taking vacations costing a million dollars though.
It would only take a cool million skipped vacations to add up to a trillion.

Dont forget that wherever you decide to cut the spending people will be out of work and companies will be bankrupted so choose wisely.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

We need to pay more taxes?

Really?

Why does tax revenue always go up when taxes are cut?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Are you tired of winning yet? In two short years the trump and the republicans (the party of conservative thinking, lol) have added a staggering two trillion to our national debt. I wonder if his fellow MAGAts remember the lie about eliminating the debt within 8 years. I wish someone could explain to me what it is about right wing types that they would rather believe a lie than face reality?

www.weeklystandard.com...

www.newsweek.com...

thehill.com...

The answer to your last question is super easy. They are brainwashed by the fear mongers. Conservatism is a fear based system, buncha cowards.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well said.

It's bad foreign policy and American Hegemony that created most of this debt. A huge portion of debt spending has to be because of interest on past foreign entanglements.

Trump wants our guys to come home for numerous reasons, not the least of which is the cost, but lefties want us to stay, and they want free college, and free health care....List goes on.

Now they whine about spending? Such blatant hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Really? Bush had the bailout plan for the banks. Get your history straight.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Maybe we should start 1 thread for each of President Trump's achievements?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Go for it as then we can debate what he takes credit for that he didn't actually do.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Are you tired of winning yet? In two short years the trump and the republicans (the party of conservative thinking, lol) have added a staggering two trillion to our national debt. I wonder if his fellow MAGAts remember the lie about eliminating the debt within 8 years. I wish someone could explain to me what it is about right wing types that they would rather believe a lie than face reality?

www.weeklystandard.com...

www.newsweek.com...

thehill.com...

Has it been 8 years already? Man, time flies.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I agree that he's failing in the debt department--it should be going down, not up.

But like with business, sometimes you have to spend money to make it, and we're finally making record amounts as a nation, so this might actually have a positive ROI.

I would prefer a balanced-budget amendment, though, for sure.

Of course, to speak to the logic of your questions--we are only 25% into the total of eight years, and things can get turned around rather quickly.

Unless, of course, you can see the future instead of asking us to emotionally respond to an unknowable end result, and if so, please give us the definitive answer with exact amounts, please.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I agree that he's failing in the debt department--it should be going down, not up.

But like with business, sometimes you have to spend money to make it, and we're finally making record amounts as a nation, so this might actually have a positive ROI.

I would prefer a balanced-budget amendment, though, for sure.

Of course, to speak to the logic of your questions--we are only 25% into the total of eight years, and things can get turned around rather quickly.

Unless, of course, you can see the future instead of asking us to emotionally respond to an unknowable end result, and if so, please give us the definitive answer with exact amounts, please.

Trump’s regulation reform will be felt for decades. Trimming the bloated bureaucracy seems a necessary first step.

The Trump administration’s deregulation efforts are saving billions of dollars

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join