It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has added 2 trillion to our national debt in two years.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Are you tired of winning yet? In two short years the trump and the republicans (the party of conservative thinking, lol) have added a staggering two trillion to our national debt. I wonder if his fellow MAGAts remember the lie about eliminating the debt within 8 years. I wish someone could explain to me what it is about right wing types that they would rather believe a lie than face reality?

www.weeklystandard.com...

www.newsweek.com...

thehill.com...

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Obama added 10 trillion in 8 years.

1.25 a year average.

So far 2 trillion in 2 years seems less than that average?

Any step in a better direction is progress....

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Are you the ex-employee of the Georgia vape shop ?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Can’t reduce debt spending over a 100 billion a year on illegal immigration. Can’t reduce the debt being at war in numerous countries and regions nonstop for decades at a time. Can’t reduce the debt with terrible trade deals killing our economy. One thing all those have in common is Trump is wanting to fix those issues but is being fought every step of the way by the left, so I blame the Democrats. I could list things Trump is doing wrong but won’t waste my time when a poster like yourself created the thread and in the mudpit of all places.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Lol, but it wasn't staggering when obama did more than that though.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Only in Lala-Land can you break an 8 year promise in 2.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Don't you lot ever get tired of all this "Trump this Trump that" nonsense?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Same as obama and Bush

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's always the president's fault

Truth is both sides are guilty. Democrats want to raise taxes and vastly expand government and spending. Republicans want to lower taxes, reduce government and spending while increasing spending on military and "security"... Same old # new day. No matter how you do the math, neither approach does anything to actually reduce deficits and debt.

We're likely going to spend a TRILLION more than we take in this year, next year and the year after that. At around $22 TRILLION in debt now, and growing by the second.

Both sides avoid that elephant in the room. They don't want to talk about it.

Go figure!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

What? All on his own? BJebus, what in the living fluck did he spend 2 trillion dollars on such that we are now just learning about this?

Wow, I vote that we execute him, and his family, in public, at noon, this Wednesday, live streamed, on YouTube.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

In two short years the trump and the republicans

Are the years longer in the lefty universe?

edit on 3-1-2019 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Better than Hilary
Probably would have pocketed the same and wrote it off as government ineptitude

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

trump claimed, he would not add to the debt, but eleminate it. In the meantime he has spent 78 days at Mara Largo, which he bills the U.S. taxpayers for. I just posted in another thread, taxpayers, have payed $300,000.00 just in golf cart rentals, at his own resort! His domestic golf outings, have cost taxpayers an estimated 77 Million!

thehill.com...

The total expense of Trump's golf outings, including Secret Service protection, comes out to an estimated $77 million, according to TMZ. The more than $300,000 figure only refers to Trump's domestic golf outings, the news outlet reported.

#Winning
edit on 3-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: add link

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Wow, I vote that we execute him, and his family, in public, at noon, this Wednesday, live streamed, on YouTube.

Charge an admission fee and the debt will be instantly wiped.

Brilliant!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

What? All on his own? BJebus, what in the living fluck did he spend 2 trillion dollars on such that we are now just learning about this?

LiveLeak, at least they won't put it on my profile as a recommended, must see vid.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Obamas economy.

Obamas debt.

You can't give Obama the good credit and dish out the bad on someone else.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

I wish someone could explain to me what it is about right wing types that they would rather believe a lie than face reality?

It's a partisan thing, and its all about the self-delusion that tribalism inflicts upon human beings, where tribalism is the daily milk & cookies of these mainstream poltical party's (meaning that's their primary means of the manipulation and exploitation of us all). Here is the science:

This surety is called the confirmation bias, whereby we seek and find confirmatory evidence in support of already existing beliefs and ignore or reinterpret disconfirmatory evidence. Now a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) study shows where in the brain the confirmation bias arises and how it is unconscious and driven by emotions. Psychologist Drew Westen led the study, conducted at Emory University, and the team presented the results at the 2006 annual conference of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology.

During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said. www.scientificamerican.com...

edit on 3-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

According to the fans of hussein, "yes we can"...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Obamas economy.

Obamas debt.

You can't give Obama the good credit and dish out the bad on someone else.

Bush's Economy. Bush's Debt.

Oh wait now you get to blame Obama. Then it'll be blame Trump, but not while he's in we couldnt have his own people roasting his nuts over it NOW while he might actually listen (where he wont listen to his opposition in the slightest).

Follow the pattern. Quit being a stooge. You're all better than this.

TRUMP IS DOING THE SAME EFFING THING AND YOU'RE GOING TO BLAME OBAMA / TDS ??????????????

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

Obama inherited a horrible economy and Bush tax cuts at the same time. In his first year of office it was Bush's budget which induced a 1.3 Trillion dollar deficit. To aid in removing the depression caused by previous presidents they also had to approve emergency funding to save businesses as well as stimulate the economy and guess what?? In 2013 he reduced the deficit by 400 Billion. In 2014 it was another 200 billion. It gets tiresome having this silly conversation about Obama or Hillary all the time by you defenders. We are talking about what is happening right NOW not what happened in the past.

Trump has come in and lowered taxes and increased spending. Yet your defense to what he has done is .... but but but OBAMA.. Come on man. The deflection gets old.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join