It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porton Down-Britains' Area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hello fellow tin foil hat enthusiasts! Today (or tonight depending on your timezone) we are leaving Area 51, which is soooo boring, we know what goes on there so let's travel to Britain to a facility called Porton Down.

Now many of you would be aware of Porton Down, but for others here is a not so quick synopsis.

It is home to two UK Government facilities: a site of the Ministry of Defence’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) – known for over 100 years as one of the UK’s most secretive and controversial military research facilities, occupying 7,000 acres The laboratory’s remit was to conduct research and development regarding chemical weapons agents used by the British armed forces in the First World War, such as chlorine, mustard gas, and phosgene.

That's quite a track record, 'Porton down, totally not toying with biowarfare for over 100 years!' However apparently this man didn't live long enough to celebrate the milestone.

hen Leading Aircraftman Ronald Maddison walked into the sealed gas chamber at Porton Down, his family believe he thought he was taking part in an experiment to cure the common cold.

It was 1953, and the 20-year-old had been tempted by an advert promising volunteers for tests at the government’s secretive chemical laboratory 15 shillings and an assurance no harm would come to them. LAC Maddison was planning to use the small fee to buy an engagement ring for his girlfriend, Mary Pyle.

An hour later he died in agony. Drops of the nerve agent Sarin had been dripped onto his arm through two layers of cloth but had absorbed through his skin much faster than the scientists had expected.

Here comes the real kicker so slap the jukebox and start the X-files theme. on my my old computer I had google earth, I looked up Porton Down and found it, however about two miles north east on an innocuous looking farm someone posted a photo of a concrete stairwell that lead to a locked iron gate which had a sign that said 'Ministry of defense-DO NOT ENTER' so I saved the image, and as luck would have it my Hard Drive failed, so when I got a new PC and tried to find it again...it had vanished from the face of Google earth.

If I put my Holmes Hat on I suspect this was-or is-an evacuation chamber, which suggests to the volatility of the chemicals the were testing...or creating.

On a final note I compared Porton Down to Area 51, which people may have believed to be associated with aliens, the truth is that it's the mysteries that draw us to these tales, aliens or not.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That's just outside Salisbury where supposedly evil Russians novichoked the former Russian military intelligence officer  Skripal, right? Because that narrative makes totally sense...

edit on 3-1-2019 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Porton Down is not the UK's "Area 51", it is just a classified biochemical research facility. I mean, we know it exists. The UK has facilities that the public don't know about, where even stranger research happens. Just knowing their codenames is enough to get you "disappeared".

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Porton Down is a science establishment that deals with chemical and biological matters.

I think you may mean Boscombe Down which is where all the spooky experimental aircraft testing goes on.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
That's just outside Salisbury where supposedly evil Russians novichoked the former Russian military intelligence officer  Skripal, right? Because that narrative makes totally sense...

I dunno much about the Novichok incident, but whatever is happening at PD is a cause for concern.

You can't cure something that can kill thousands within minutes, these folk have the cure, it's called weaponization.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I've been fastinated with Porton Down for some years now; it's where GW Pharma cultivate the cannabis used to produce Sativex and Epidiolex.

It always struck me how the Gubberment feels that cannabis is such a high-stake and potentially dangerous crop that it needs to be grown in such a high security environment, yet they're fine with opium poppies growing en-mass out in the open and easily accessible by anyone,

Source

But I digress, S&F for an interesting topic,

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
... but whatever is happening at PD is a cause for concern.

So, what is happening at Porton Down at the moment that is causing you concern?

Sure, the establishment has a history going back to WW1 - including being involved in chemical and bio weapon testing and production, but those days are passed. The death of Aircraftsman Ronald Maddison in 1953 was over half a century ago.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have always thought of RAF macrihanich (totally not spelled that right) near Campbelltowm as being more akin to the UKs Area 51.

Portion down is more like our version of plump-island or Fort Detrick.

Interesting thread all the same though

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
allegedly, whatever was found at the site of the Berwyn mountains UFO incident was taken to porton down...

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

Not this rubbish again? Do try and keep up at the back, there?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yes, Boscombe Down is more top secret aircraft type stuff. I live nearby and have seen/heard some weird stuff come over.

If I ever drove past Porton Down and heard a siren going off and saw lots of men in white coats running out screaming i would be a bit worried though.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hi there,
I was at porton down in the seventies and as the op stated it was to go and help find a cure for the common cold.

However, once i was there we were told that we could earn a little extra by helping with their experiments. Most of them were quite harmless but a few were a bit dodgy. One of them was to test irritants, about five different ones were put on your arm then covered by a plaster. I know that one of them was mustard gas bet don't know what the others were.

The worst test i did was to walk around in a gas chamber with diluted nerve gas in it. after a couple of minutes it was getting hard to breath, it didn't come naturally, i had to work my chest muscles to be able to breath.
Later that day when i went to watch T.V i had to sit in the darkened room with sun glasses on to watch a film because my eyes were so sensitive to light.

Needless to say we were not allowed off base because we looked like druggies with needle marks all over our arms and our pupils were very wide..

That was many years ago but 5 years ago i read in the papers that over 400 men were awarded over eight thousand pounds each for being there.. Guess who wasn't on the list.. ME
I found the Lawyer who had been working for 15 years on the case to get compensation for those people. He said that the case was closed now but i did contact the M.O.D and was basically fobbed off.

I am sixty seven now and have suffered multiple strokes, had cancer and a aortal aneurism repair..
Still here and smiling though and love my motorbike and camping still.

Take care..

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yep an old chum in the Navy watched all of those video's, they also dripped liquid mustard gas and several other compound's often onto unsuspecting volunteers? but also used condemned criminals - obviously not under UK law but you will find that places like this have there own interpretation of those law's etc.
One poor guy died screaming as his flesh melted off and they filmed it until his bones were visible.
Not nice, NOT godly and definitely not ethical but they do it because they fear or know that there potential enemy is also doing it and they have to know before that enemy does.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree with ATS member Paraphi and others who are stating that Boscombe Down is more like Area 51 as in experimental aircraft type stuff, Porton Down is more about biological sciences.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Some may find these links interesting
Porton-down is a necessity in an unnecessarily evil world I feel

21stcenturywire.com...
nr23.net...
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jon1

This is really fascinating. Have you done any in depth thread on it?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I can't really remember much about it now because the strokes effected my memory.
I will let you know if anything comes back though.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Definitely a chemical and biological weapons facility.

It's also no longer a secret that various tests were conducted on the British public

Millions were in germ war tests

Much of Britain was exposed to bacteria sprayed in secret trials

The Ministry of Defence turned large parts of the country into a giant laboratory to conduct a series of secret germ warfare tests on the public.

A government report just released provides for the first time a comprehensive official history of Britain's biological weapons trials between 1940 and 1979.

Many of these tests involved releasing potentially dangerous chemicals and micro-organisms over vast swaths of the population without the public being told....

...In another chapter, 'Large Area Coverage Trials', the MoD describes how between 1961 and 1968 more than a million people along the south coast of England, from Torquay to the New Forest, were exposed to bacteria including e.coli and bacillus globigii , which mimics anthrax. These releases came from a military ship, the Icewhale, anchored off the Dorset coast, which sprayed the micro-organisms in a five to 10-mile radius.

....Sue Ellison, spokeswoman for Porton Down, said: 'Independent reports by eminent scientists have shown there was no danger to public health from these releases which were carried out to protect the public.

'The results from these trials_ will save lives, should the country or our forces face an attack by chemical and biological weapons.'

Asked whether such tests are still being carried out, she said: 'It is not our policy to discuss ongoing research.'

Guardian UK

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Thank you for telling us this.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I read that and thought of that lawyer that he has obviously taken a deal with the MOD in order to shut the case down, the way it work's is there is a substantial amount paid to him by the MOD for fobbing off his client's with a smaller settlement than they are really entitled too.
As he has been a part of THAT case his particular case is now closed but THE case is most certainly NOT closed.

What you can do, first try to find other victims whom have not been a part of that dirty settlement and were not client's of that same lawyer once you have several of them you have a stronger case and can then seek fresh legal representation, best though to look for a human right's lawyer perhaps even one in Strasbourg as even though we are coming out of the EU they will still have the legal power to force the MOD to comply - and are less likely to make a dirty deal like this pass the bar crook has for his client's.

I wish you the very best but as you know our country is far more corrupt than it ever let's on so you have to fight a system controlled by the Hierarchy FOR the interests of the Hierarchy and they see you and me as merely serf's as far as they are concerned.

I truly wish you the very best sir but after the failure of the legal system to gain help for my own mother and knowing how high up in our country corruption truly goes - right to the very top that is - I have no faith at all in the British legal profession or for that matter our so called government.

You know quite a lot of that land the MOD took over in WW2 and never paid for was never given back and legally they really do NOT own it yet have leased it to the yank's and used it for firing ranges and chemical and biological weapon's test sites even long after that war was supposedly over, in short they are a bunch of thieving inhuman crook's I am very sorry but also totally accurate to have to say.

One thing to remember in our nation, the police and the judiciary will try to fob you off BUT there is NO statute of limitation's on legal matters in this country and never has been, there are some loose legal guidelines but they are not law so if your great, great grandfather was robbed and you can prove it then you can IF you had the money you could then actually prosecute and reclaim what ever remains of that which your grandfather was robbed of since the Tory's returned our system to the two tier Legel system of one rule for the poor and another for the rich by more or less almost completely abolishing rather than actually as was necessary in fact reforming the legal aid system.
The closest we have to a statute of limitation is a corrupt law passed by the equally corrupt NEW Labour party about those squatting on private land being able to claim it after so many years - regardless of how they have robbed there victim in a very self interested law that they passed which was really about covering up previous property fraud's because if you remember the then prime minsters wife Cherry Blair was involved in a land fraud concerning several property's including some flat's and the investigation was stopped then it was pushed under the mat but since new labour were merely Tory lite what else could you expect from that bunch of Scheisters.

edit on 4-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join