It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would be ashamed of my nation if Reeee had been invented in the UK.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
nonsense! See, nonsense make so much more sense than bollocks. WTF is a bollocks? I would thing its those fake nuts fools hang from their trucks and cars.

I like innit though. I use it sometimes , although I am sure probably incorrectly or something.

Innit = Isn't it just, my dear fellow?
Isit = Is that so, me ol' mucker?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Well I guess that settles it then. You Brits are the most stellar examples of intellect, poise, and strength.

How's that Brexit working out for ya? Think it'll be done by 2026? And is that a globalist puppet as your Prime Minister?

...just checking.
Brexit isn't going as well as I hoped but we haven't invented stupid, childish, pathetic buzz words like 'Reeee' to describe people who disagree. We debate and don't have tantrums like children.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I like how you Americans are all so civil until someone pokes fun at you then suddenly it's 1776 again.

Learn to take a joke...

Although I guess, taking the piss out of oneselves is a very British thing to do.
edit on 3-1-2019 by Dem0nc1eaner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
just an fyi, the original "REEEE!" was about chicken tenders, and making fun of infantile adults, just like lad culture is making fun of "chavs" not politics.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
just an fyi, the original "REEEE!" was about chicken tenders, and making fun of infantile adults, just like lad culture is making fun of "chavs" not politics.

No, Reee was started by the autistic screeching girl during the election. Don't try to out internet me buddy.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
I like how you Americans are all so civil until someone pokes fun at you then suddenly it's 1776 again.

Learn to take a joke...

We are nothing if not proud... we are not as steeped in banter as other former colonies of the crown.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

originally posted by: dubiousatworst

No, Reee was started by the autistic screeching girl during the election. Don't try to out internet me buddy.

www.youtube.com...

I can and will out internet you, buddy

Edit: fyi there are far older vids from 2014-2015, but they are not content appropriate due to language.
edit on 3-1-2019 by dubiousatworst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Oh, it's on now is it!

I agree with you though that is something I have always noticed about Americans is your pride. Not saying it's a bad or good thing but a very big difference between our cultures. British people are proud of course, but in different ways. We really look down on people who can't take a joke against themselves.

I suppose that is a lot of the problem with your political climate though? Maybe you get more invested in "your team" because you all have this "have to win" mentality and pride that we don't have in the same way in other countries.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Still American though, Canada, the UK, Oz and NZ don't do the lame Reee thing, only you guys.
You are the only nation to invent a psychological condition (TDS) for people who disagree with the government, funny as #.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
All a load of dingo's kidneys IMHO
Apologies to Douglas Adams for stealing his line but he capitalised on a native 'Strayan without asking permission so we're even

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

The problem with US politics is that the election process focuses on personalities rather than policies, which was a problem last time because the candidates both had such awful personalities. From this side of the Pond, it struck me as cringeworthy and childish.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

You know, I'd be more ashamed of my Country if they did dirty spying on another allies Presidential candidates because they were asked to do that by that nation's Government.......but that's just me.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: sooth
Triggered much?
Lmao, 'triggered' is another stupid US term on ATS and way over used.

Not sure I can agree with that one mate.

Long before the memes and the overuse of the word "triggered", I told our Silly that her post triggered me.

Within a few weeks it was used in almost every political thread on this site.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Agreed.
Did you freak out when Theresa May formed a government with the DUP? lol
I wore a 'Leave EU' Tee shirt on the day of the referendum, same my son, we got grumpy looks from some, friendly looks from others, but no 'Reeee!' moments, it is not how we roll in Britain...the US is nuts.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I'd be more embarrassed to live in a country where you can be arrested for "hate speech". But that's just me...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: sooth
Triggered much?
Lmao, 'triggered' is another stupid US term on ATS and way over used.

Not sure I can agree with that one mate.

Long before the memes and the overuse of the word "triggered", I told our Silly that her post triggered me.

Within a few weeks it was used in almost every political thread on this site.
You are the one to blame!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I'd be more embarrassed to live in a country where you can be arrested for "hate speech". But that's just me...

Start a thread about it and stay on topic here maybe?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

The last thing we need is a bunch of clueless Yanks droning on about Tommy Robinson yet again.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Wow... You really are validating that old stereotype of the 'whinging pom' with this thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Pmsl!
I almost want to Reee! at talk of Tommy Robinson haha, but I'm British, and not crazy like US members so I compose myself lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join