It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would be ashamed of my nation if Reeee had been invented in the UK.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
no, you are wrong.

The oldest definition of the word I could find on Urban Dictonary is from 2005
www.urbandictionary.com...

Here are captures for you, the second one from 2007 (yes 12years ago) is the most accurate.

so again, nothing to do with politics.

edit on 3-1-2019 by dubiousatworst because: didn't see a curse word in it

edit on 3-1-2019 by dubiousatworst because: edited out the curse word

Now please excuse me while I go REEEEEEEEEEEEEE over having wasted the time to look that up because the "internetz is serious business"
edit on 3-1-2019 by dubiousatworst because: added flavor text

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

What's a reeee? who's reeee? can you eat a reeeee? is it a ancient curse? Non Yankee here help me out!

I dunno, maybe it's a mispronunciation of the weeee sound you make when going down a water slide. Who knows, at least my made up words have more than two letters and more than one syllable. Tried to say balderdash but it came out battle stacks.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Well as far as fashion trends go...this is one I think I might rather like which I hope sticks around
Meggings they are called....now we don't have to see mens grotty undabs with jeans round their arse...we women can clearly see erm other interesting things (although if my son started wearing these I would have to disown him...or have him committed whichever)

But seriously, who doesn't love men in tights?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
What the actual #?!!!
I'm actually triggered lmao!

Brilliant banter in this thread folks thanks for the funny read.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Well as far as fashion trends go...this is one I think I might rather like which I hope sticks around
Meggings they are called....now we don't have to see mens grotty undabs with jeans round their arse...we women can clearly see erm other interesting things (although if my son started wearing these I would have to disown him...or have him committed whichever)

But seriously, who doesn't love men in tights?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
What the actual #?!!!
I'm actually triggered lmao!

Brilliant banter in this thread folks thanks for the funny read.

Those two on the middle i could definitely see myself in those outfits lol, with side pigtails....

LMFAO!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
Pmsl you are a girl though!
I would look awful in tight leggings like that, I wouldn't want to show my sausage and two Brussels sprouts to the world while going to the store!
Reeeeeeeee!
Leggings are for girls only, but what do I know lol I'm a middle age guy with fixed opinions beaten into me.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Pmsl you are a girl though!
I would look awful in tight leggings like that, I wouldn't want to show my sausage and two Brussels sprouts to the world while going to the store!
Reeeeeeeee!

LMFAO

I guess?...

I always assumed the reeee stuff came from this

Then it was the rare pepe frog meme and the pepe meme was also for the politics stuff right?

All of that is like us politics

But who knows for sure, i just never saw the reee thing outside politics and i know it came from the frog video, and also the pepe frog feom politics as well so it seems same thing to me

But whatever

Triggery people are going to trigg...

Don't trigg on me 😝

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Haha that was funny as #! 😂
...I've only ever seen it US politics and internet people talking US politics.
Never heard of it in real life.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner
nope, sorry. Ree is muuuuuuch older than anyone realises. This was invented ages ago, likely in the very first tribe of civilization when young teenage girls did not get their way. Most commonly associated with a spoiled child from a nobles, or what would be called middle class today. Or whatever it would have been when people were scraping around Abalone shells, corundum, salt, exotic feathers and other such elements as currency.

But better believe, there was an angreee teenage girl complaining about the most horrid of living standards while living moderately better off than her peers and how they should just have never been born. That is the true origin of reeee. Note that # into the internet history books now.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
I don't buy that.
It is an Internet thing and specifically American.
...funny though 😊

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner
nope, sorry. Ree is muuuuuuch older than anyone realises. This was invented ages ago, likely in the very first tribe of civilization when young teenage girls did not get their way. Most commonly associated with a spoiled child from a nobles, or what would be called middle class today. Or whatever it would have been when people were scraping around Abalone shells, corundum, salt, exotic feathers and other such elements as currency.

But better believe, there was an angreee teenage girl complaining about the most horrid of living standards while living moderately better off than her peers and how they should just have never been born. That is the true origin of reeee. Note that # into the internet history books now.

You should write a tv show about it lol

Tribal Adventures of Sabrina

or something like that lmao

Then we can all complain about bad writrknf and how all the actors are bad and how it doesnt fit the stereotypes and how it looks bad into tribal people because theres tribal in the name but nothing kn the show represents them

Also if you going to complain about spelling and grammar

😛🤷🏼‍♀️

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Truth ! Lol 😂

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Meggings? I can't stand hipster twats at the best of times but those pictures....!

Smegging more like.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think it's the mirroring of trumps personality bleeding out into his base and it's manifesting into how they interact with the rest of us.

I see Trump as a mirror.
You see Trump as a Hollaback girl?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No clue what you are referring to . What exactly is this Reeee! Term you speak of ? Or you just taking thepiss governor I also heard if it's your thing there are some rent boys on the corner of 5th street. Sorry mate I just had to reference some quotes from one of my favorite movies Kingman the secret service I meant no disrespect.. but truthfully I have never heard of this term Reee before

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

But here is a trippy fact all words are made up words.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33
Just google it, as I said it is some silly US invention/insult, usually in political discussion, to describe someone having a tantrum about politics while screaming. I'ts pathetic and used when someone has lost the political argument.
...it's also based on real life people who have crazy tantrums over politics, again all footage on youtube is from the US.
It is hilarious though

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ree is a stupid meme not meant to be anything except for those taking that meme seriously. Just like all memes, the only power it really has is the ones people give them through their reaction.

Its also a meme that was hyped up thanks to a female hispanic girl yelling it in one of Shia's streams.

Just saying....

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer
US activists seem lame as # in that youtube compared to us Brits. They just seem to like cry babies, I bet none of them would dream of civil disobedience, just scream like kids.
Reee seems to be a thing now people like that in the US are shouting it, but they could have been doing it ironically, context is key. I don't know the folk in the youtube so can't make an opinion and sit on the fence.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Its a combination of regardless and irrespective.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Something the middle people say.... I don't know... No one I know says it. The only place I've ever seen it is here.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join