It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would be ashamed of my nation if Reeee had been invented in the UK.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
How do you know the country of origin of "Reeee", as it is an internet creation, and it's actual place of origin is unknown. Very presumptuous.

To my knowledge, these have only been used in pro-Trump (the US President), pro Republican Party (United States) usage, and is strongly targeted against the supporters and members of the Democratic Party (United States).

These are all uniquely US based.

It is clear that it is of purely American origin, despite the international nature of the media over which it was broadcast.

edit on 3/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: LSU2018
Lmfao!
I'm chilling with the cat on my lap

Ewwwwwwwwww! That's what I'm talkin' about.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
English people are called "Limeys" because they eat jellied eels.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Lagomorphe

Lmao, the cat is having spotless dick!
She pushes back as well lol

Who do I send the bill for cleaning my screen of all the snot and stuff that flew out of my nostrils after reading that?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
You do know irony comes after washy and rinsey.
Bloody hell Celtic, I 've bollocked you once for bothering the yanks cos that was my job. But you've just taken my crown. As for reeee, I had to ask about it about 6 or 7 months ago as I didn't get it. yeah it's a Yank only syndrome.
Fancy closing your government down because someone threw the dolly out of the pram.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Lol what a cry baby thread

As a Brit my self I can only apologise for this soy boy

However one thing I do agree with is a need to stamp out the far left by any means, the far left have gone way to far and still trying to push further and we all know what comes if they succeed so yes rip into the reeee lunatics some more please

Let’s all remover it is exactly those types holding up the head of a democratically elected President, respect goes both ways and since I don’t see it at all on the left, enjoy
edit on 3-1-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

To be fair, the childishness only seems to come from only one side of the political debate and seems to be of the same intellectual level as Trump's most belligerent tweets.

Trump panders to the infantile and his sycophants respond in kind.

You have to remember that a right-leaning US website, "The Federalist", carried an article that, in all seriousness, suggested that "the Nazi's were leftists". They classified the article under their 'history' section. LOL.

I truly doubt that the majority of Americans are in agreement with the nonsense of these few.

Probably because leftists act just like Nazis in the way they try to force everything on you and turn to violence and protests and riots if you don't adhere to their demands. They're more comparable to authoritarians. Being a leftist yourself, it's almost certain you'll never see it. You'll just continue your psychological projection.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

How do you know the country of origin of "Reeee", as it is an internet creation, and it's actual place of origin is unknown. Very presumptuous.

To my knowledge, these have only been used in pro-Trump (the US President), pro Republican Party (United States) usage, and is strongly targeted against the supporters and members of the Democratic Party (United States).

It is clear that it is of purely American origin, despite the international nature of the media over which it was broadcast.

Are you sure it's not from a fictional land like Mordor, Zealandia where you're located?

*SNORT*

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Who do I send the bill for cleaning my screen of all the snot and stuff that flew out of my nostrils after reading that?

Let me know when you find out. This is twice I've spewed Mt Dew in this thread now.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I wore a 'Leave EU' Tee shirt on the day of the referendum, same my son, we got grumpy looks from some, friendly looks from others, but no 'Reeee!' moments, it is not how we roll in Britain...the US is nuts.

The UK's Brexit V Remainers 'battle' is regarded by many as a divisive shame on our nation, but, as you say, the actual tone of these arguments pales into insignificance compared to 'Reeee!' and the intensive savagery that ruins many a US political debate - which goes beyond mere 'passion' and into, yes, rather nutsy territory.

As for UK politicians, I have never been so ashamed of them. I'd trade a serial-incompentent like Chris Grayling (current Transport Secretary after a disastrous history of destroying other departments) for a dozen Trumps any day. Which is saying something considering I find the Trump phenomenon completely other-worldly and almost hallucinatory in its unhinged yet curiously refreshing wildness. And frankness.

At least the US knows what Trump wants; the UK has no idea in hell what ANY of its politicians want.

edit on 3-1-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well as far as fashion trends go...this is one I think I might rather like which I hope sticks around
Meggings they are called....now we don't have to see mens grotty undabs with jeans round their arse...we women can clearly see erm other interesting things (although if my son started wearing these I would have to disown him...or have him committed whichever)

But seriously, who doesn't love men in tights?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

To be fair, the childishness only seems to come from only one side of the political debate and seems to be of the same intellectual level as Trump's most belligerent tweets.

Trump panders to the infantile and his sycophants respond in kind.

You have to remember that a right-leaning US website, "The Federalist", carried an article that, in all seriousness, suggested that "the Nazi's were leftists". They classified the article under their 'history' section. LOL.

I truly doubt that the majority of Americans are in agreement with the nonsense of these few.

Probably because leftists act just like Nazis in the way they try to force everything on you and turn to violence and protests and riots if you don't adhere to their demands. They're more comparable to authoritarians. Being a leftist yourself, it's almost certain you'll never see it. You'll just continue your psychological projection.

So, do I understand it right, that you are saying the authoritarian leaders who used the Communist manifesto as a rallying cry, were actually right-wing, then?

Then it makes sense that Nazi's were leftists.

LOL

I am a capitalist. I believe that economies need strong control and that laws should be 'just' and rigidly enforced. How left is that!

LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Are you sure it's not from a fictional land like Mordor, Zealandia where you're located?

*SNORT*

Absolutely sure!

LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Let me know when you find out. This is twice I've spewed Mt Dew in this thread now.

You obviously like your lolly water!

LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I'd be ashamed if 'Reeee' was a word invented to describe crazy British folk who cry about politics lol...but it wasn't, it describes crazy US folk who cry about politics.
It's nuts you have so many a new word was invented for them lmao 😂

40 years ago, you would have been given an F and deducted 5 points for spelling by ending you sentence with lmao. Today, it's understood and almost a second language. It's almost as if........things change dadio.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yep. It's a real thing sadly. There is a young lady sitting in our local jail now because of her TDS. This case has been going on since the day after the US election when she hit a coworker on the head with her phone causing him to need stitches to his forehead. Not content with just causing him bodily harm because he had admitted voting for a third party candidate, she took to the parking lot and damaged two vehicles that were sporting "Johnson for President" bumper stickers. Fortunately, for the victims of her demented rage, all was caught on security video. But she just can't give it up. At her first court appearance she refused to apologize and take responsibility for the damages.

The case has been languishing in the courts for over two years and neither of the victims have been compensated for the damages so at her court appearance last week the judge held her in contempt of court and sent her to jail to consider her actions. Bless her heart, she screamed at the judge that it was the fault of the two third party voters that she got so angry. It was her suggestion that the judge should fornicate himself that got her sent to the crossbar hotel.

I tend to think it's the water or the education system or perhaps a combination of the two that has led to this madness. It does seem to be mostly confined to the US. Perhaps giving kindergarten children pharmaceuticals meant for adults isn't such a good idea. Perhaps facing reality would give them a bit better grip on the world when they have to face the world without promise of participation trophies.

Now, having said all that---I keep hearing from people that politics were never this dirty, this divisive before in the US. Those people are the ones who need to actually read a bit of history. We're still a long way from the bitterness and discord that enveloped our country at the beginning. The editorial writers of those days made today's internet trolls look sad. They certainly made use of their newly won freedom of the press.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Sorry, but any man caught wearing them should be sterilised and not allowed to breed.

And they should be stripped of all voting rights, barred from entering public service, prohibited from teaching and permanently placed in their own personal safe zone.

The same applies to any 'man' seen wearing Ug boots.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Hahaha...I've not actually seen a man wearing Ugg boots but I've heard there are some to be seen usually around the London area and suburbs because well its glacial down there....the image of a man in fluffy baggy boots stirs something in me and it ain't good

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This thread...

I love you all.

Good laughs all around. Only in this day and age can I enjoy such absurdity.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Whole topic, along with OP are pretty pathetic.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join