It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would be ashamed of my nation if Reeee had been invented in the UK.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Assemble
Learn to have a laugh mate. Yes there is a hint of seriousness in this OP but it's mostly tongue in cheek.
There has been some really funny banter in this thread between Brits and Americans, don't take things so seriously and maybe you can have some fun talking bull# as well.
Honestly, I'm not in a grump with you, I'm here for a laugh and conversation, it's why I write threads which may provoke at times, but only for the laugh.
One of my most loved friends is American and she understands it.
Enjoy the banter and don't take things personally.

Please refrain from calling him mate. Call him lover instead. That's what mate means here. And don't ask me why I'm still online watching this thread, reading your comments, or why this bag of Cheetos is sitting on my lap. Just pretend I'm offline. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I agree but I think the UK is shaming itself more by the citizenry letting itself live in a nanny police state with no freedom of speech and a PM who wants the UK to bow to Brussels.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I never realised his name was Mr Spunk.

You learn something new everyday.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

We are passionate. You are stoic. And usually drunk. We need more Germans on here for you guys to argue with. They are busy scheming the fourth Reich to be on ATS though.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
How do you know the country of origin of "Reeee", as it is an internet creation, and it's actual place of origin is unknown. Very presumptuous.

REEE

"A process a person of the internet goes through; when someone tells them something they did is wrong and in which they already know but want to believe in their convictions, this issue is normally galvanizing in the person's psyche and many times a part of their way of life."

I blame it on the liberals... I think this was the first human utterance of the meme.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Ironic ain't it.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Well considering that we now have information technology the information of one place quickly becomes a global trend. I believe that over time we will lose our sense of nationality and simply consider ourselves citizens of the world, eventually I would imagine we would consider ourselves universal citizens.

So yes things we may consider stupid may become popular however the trends will fade for the next big thing.

Just think men used to wear wigs stockings as well as makeup, however now most dont, but a few still do. LOL

I've been patiently waiting for the men's skinny jean trend to fade. Instead it got worse because now they're only getting shorter. It's bad enough when you can see a person's socks when they're sitting down, but now you can see 5" past their ankles standing up. They're turning into 1989 Jaleel White and they think it's cool. This is definitely the Twilight Zone.

How in the hell did this EVER become a trend?

LOL yeah there are many trends people have had and then given up over time.
How about the saggy pants? Looking at some dude underwear because their jeans are off their buts LMAO.
The trends come and go.
From pagers to cell phones.
From records to digital.
Eventually I think we all give up all of our old trends for new trends.
We like to upgrade ourselves.

link   

originally posted by: amazing
a reply to: LSU2018

Male Feminists? LOL I don't think that will ever happen. What will happen is that the freakiest people you can find will be all over Social media. That's not reality.

I often wonder where this country would be right now if social media was nonexistent. In my opinion, that's the biggest factor in so many hurt feelings across America.

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Human? You best get that pronoun right buddy! It's a....it's an .....xuxan.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Ironically....that dude was more white than black. Look who he hangs with.

No doubt. He coddled minorities to get their votes and then left them to rot. It was easy to see how much he really cared.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Xtrozero

Human? You best get that pronoun right buddy! It's a....it's an .....xuxan.

My bad, you are right... Damn sexy "it" though.... just saying...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Lmfao!
I'm chilling with the cat on my lap

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Its origin is from 4chan. Depicting an extremely angry pepe the frog. It was initially used to simply just show over exaggerated dislike for 'normies', people who are to soft for the content on some of its image boards.
Of course, the cancer of 4chan pol adopted it, and its leaked into the mainstream internet world, it is now a normie term, and useless insult on 4chan because of that. If it is used on 4chan, People just use it jokingly now, but since it's gone mainstream meme, some people actually think it's an insult.

I find it hilarious how I have seen pepe morph from just a simple cartoon to this symbol of many faces.

That's the origin, an angry pepe the frog.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I've still never been to the 4chan thing I read about, sounds like a place of anger and crazies.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Lmfao!
I'm chilling with the cat on my lap

No wonder you have spotted dick!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Lmao, the cat is having spotless dick!
She pushes back as well lol

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It's nuts how angry US members on ATS get with each other though compared to Brits.
I treat this place like a digital pub, chatting over a pint and a game of pool, I genuinely don't believe ATS members are as reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in real life. If they are then their nation has issues.

Maybe they mistook your demeanor. I won't lie, I did. I was even thinking to myself, "Gee, this is one of the coolest posters on here, I wonder what crawled up his arse." But now that I know you were just saying this with a tongue in your cheek, it brings an entirely new perspective to the thread. I've only ever seen reee used on this forum though.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: projectvxn

What about making threats to kill? That's been a crime here for ages. Why should it be different on social media? By the way, it's only a crime if the victim has genuine grounds for believing it to be real.

I'm going to kill you....with kindness and this here chocolate cake.

No cake, give him some spotted dick.

But then we can't make references to Eddie Izzard.

"Cake or death?"

"Oh, well I'll have the cake then, please?"

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well considering that we now have information technology the information of one place quickly becomes a global trend. I believe that over time we will lose our sense of nationality and simply consider ourselves citizens of the world, eventually I would imagine we would consider ourselves universal citizens.

So yes things we may consider stupid may become popular however the trends will fade for the next big thing.

Just think men used to wear wigs stockings as well as makeup, however now most dont, but a few still do. LOL

I've been patiently waiting for the men's skinny jean trend to fade. Instead it got worse because now they're only getting shorter. It's bad enough when you can see a person's socks when they're sitting down, but now you can see 5" past their ankles standing up. They're turning into 1989 Jaleel White and they think it's cool. This is definitely the Twilight Zone.

How in the hell did this EVER become a trend?

LOL yeah there are many trends people have had and then given up over time.
How about the saggy pants? Looking at some dude underwear because their jeans are off their buts LMAO.
The trends come and go.
From pagers to cell phones.
From records to digital.
Eventually I think we all give up all of our old trends for new trends.
We like to upgrade ourselves.

Oh yeah, sagging pants... That was just as bad. I still to this day see lots of people sagging. It's actually against the law here to have your pants down far enough to see underwear. You won't get arrested, but you'll get a warning and/or ticket around family functions.

But talk about going from one extreme to the next. First the baggy, sagging jeans. Now high waters that hug every hair on your leg.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

To be fair, the childishness only seems to come from only one side of the political debate and seems to be of the same intellectual level as Trump's most belligerent tweets.

Trump panders to the infantile and his sycophants respond in kind.

You have to remember that a right-leaning US website, "The Federalist", carried an article that, in all seriousness, suggested that "the Nazi's were leftists". They classified the article under their 'history' section. LOL.

I truly doubt that the majority of Americans are in agreement with the nonsense of these few.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join