It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take This Trump: Governor Cuomo Pardons 22 Illegals To Avoid Deportation (And 4 Murderers)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This insanity is getting out of control. So we have a Governor of a crazy state granting clemency to 22 convicted criminal illegal aliens so they don't get deported. Four of the 29 total people released are convicted murders and 3 are convicted armed robbers.

I am sure the families of the murdered victims are feeling great about this.

Why do half of you vote for these people?

Seriously.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo granted clemency to 29 people on Monday, including immigrants who are facing deportation.

"While President Trump shuts down the federal government over his obsession with keeping immigrants out, New York stands strong in our support for immigrant communities," Cuomo said. "These actions will help keep immigrant families together and take a critical step toward a more just, more fair and more compassionate New York."

Twenty-two of the individuals who received pardons were immigrants who, because of convictions mainly related to drug crimes, could have been deported.

Among the seven others who had their sentences commuted are four convicted murderers and three others behind bars for armed robbery.

[

Edit, had to change the title as th 4 murders are indigenous.
edit on 3-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is satire right? I mean it has to be.

TDS has gone terminal.

So basically you can rape , rob and kill and get away with it in liberal states as long as Trump doesnt get his way.

edit on 3-1-2019 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is what happens when you let vindictive feelings override sensibility. Wonderful times we live in.

May I post a relevant thread in case others missed it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yet tell me again why I'm racist and why the USA needs open borders?

edit on 3-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yet tell me again why I'm racist and why the USA needs open borders?

Ok but this is the last time.

Because you are not REEEEEtarded.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
oh look total morons run our governments

great job voting guys, everyone who went out and vote party lines and kept the same people in office, great fricken job

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Leftists don't care about Americans or justice.
They would sell us all out for their virtue signaling and political brownie points.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Cuomo went to the G7 conference in Brussels and marched with the protestors who were against the United States. But hey, New Yorkers like him. Even after one of the released illegal-alien murderers kill another American, New Yorkers will still vote for Cuomo.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Another source:

Cuomo grants clemency to 29 convicts, including murderers
nypost.com...

Gov. Cuomo granted clemency to 29 convicts Monday — including four serving lengthy sentences for murder.

Twenty-two of the inmates won pardons, including several immigrants convicted of drug crimes who were facing possible deportation.

Nine others had their sentences commuted, four for murder and three for armed robbery.

“These actions will help keep immigrant families together and take a critical step toward a more just, more fair and more compassionate New York,” the governor said in a statement.

www.governor.ny.gov...
edit on 3-1-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

yeah instead of voting in Larry Sharpe who was actually a good candidate the idiots of New York vote in this guy

good job, partisan lines get partisan results... great jobs guys great job

oh right right let me get in line with ATS...shoulda vote in a Republican durrrrr dat Republican never do any bad cause dey duh good guys derp derp

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Cuomo is a criminal mafioso
In the good old days sacks of crap like that would get tarred and feathered and run out of town on a log

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We need a wall.
A really long wall.
Not on the border.
But one to line traitors up on.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well, if those 4 murderers kill anyone he will be the only one to blame. Gotta be worth an accessory charge at the very least.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: toysforadults

Another source:

Cuomo grants clemency to 29 convicts, including murderers
nypost.com...

Gov. Cuomo granted clemency to 29 convicts Monday — including four serving lengthy sentences for murder.

Twenty-two of the inmates won pardons, including several immigrants convicted of drug crimes who were facing possible deportation.

Nine others had their sentences commuted, four for murder and three for armed robbery.

“These actions will help keep immigrant families together and take a critical step toward a more just, more fair and more compassionate New York,” the governor said in a statement.

www.governor.ny.gov...

The following is the excerpt from this story, listing the commuted sentences of those mentioned ion this thread. I list it here for accuracy in discussion and without any bias.

Commutations
Governor Cuomo today commuted the sentences of seven individuals who have demonstrated substantial evidence of rehabilitation. They will return to their communities and help serve as essential credible messengers to reduce crime throughout New York State.

Andre Jenkins, 52, has served 15 years of a 22 to life sentence for Robbery in the First Degree. In 2005, Mr. Jenkins was convicted of robbing three people in Suffolk County. No gun was recovered in the alleged gunpoint robbery. He expresses strong remorse for the criminal lifestyle he was engaged in. Mr. Jenkins has completed substance abuse treatment and received both a B.A. and M.A while in prison. He co-founded Voices from Within, a group that works to discourage young people from engaging in gun violence, spearheaded a gun buy back drive, was president of Sing Sing's NAACP, and raised funds for Hurricane Sandy relief.

Brian Masterson, 42, has served 12 years of an 18-year sentence for six counts of Robbery in the First Degree. Mr. Masterson committed a string of robberies in Buffalo in 2006, during which no one was injured. He expresses strong remorse for these crimes. Mr. Masterson earned his Associate's Degree from Genesee Community College and has facilitated both an incarcerated veteran's support group and a substance abuse treatment group. Mr. Masterson has also been an assistant teacher for adult basic education and an active participant in the Youth Assistance Program. He would like to work as a substance abuse counselor when he completes these requirements, but in the meantime has an offer of job assistance from a painters' union in Erie County.

Eugene Bush, 52, has served 22 years of a 25 to life sentence for Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree. He confessed to possession of an inoperable pistol in Brooklyn in 1998. Mr. Bush expresses strong remorse for the criminal lifestyle he was engaged in. Mr. Bush works as a library clerk, lives on the honor block and is currently working toward his B.A. Upon release, Mr. Bush will accept one of a number of job offers, including counselling positions, and return to his wife who suffers from a chronic medical condition.

Alphonse Riley-James, 49, has served 30 years of a 50 to life sentence for the 1988 convictions of Murder in the Second Degree, Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree and Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree. At the age of 18, he accompanied a group to Albany as part of a drug deal that ended in the death of two men. While part of the group, Mr. Riley-James was not accused of actually causing the deaths. Mr. Riley-James expresses strong remorse for the loss of life. Mr. Riley-James is a leader within his facility, where he teaches basic legal research, leads a chess club and runs a financial literacy newsletter with his wife. He received his B.A., works as a law library clerk and volunteers in a children's center and as a volunteer adult literacy tutor. Mr. Riley-James has his paralegal certification and plans to work as a paralegal upon release.

Roy Bolus, 49, has served 30 years of a 75 to life sentence for Murder in the Second Degree, Robbery in the First Degree, Burglary in the First Degree and Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree, convictions he received in 1988. At the age of 18, he accompanied a group to Albany as part of a drug deal that ended in the death of two men. While part of the group, Mr. Bolus was not accused of actually causing the deaths. He expresses strong remorse for the loss of life. Mr. Bolus received a B.A. and two Master's degrees and is currently pursuing a PhD in educational leadership. He has taught HIV prevention courses, leads various charity drives, and served as the president of Yale Law School's PACT-Reentry program. Upon release, he will complete his PhD and apply to teaching positions.

Michael Crawford, 38, has served 20 years of a 22 to life sentence for Murder in the Second Degree, Robbery in the First Degree, Attempted Robbery in the First Degree and Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the Third Degree. Mr. Crawford was convicted of these charges at the age of 17 for shooting an individual who stole concert tickets from him in Buffalo in 1999, who was involved in the same drug crowd. He expresses strong remorse for the loss of life. Mr. Crawford is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse by a pastor, and Mr. Crawford's testimony was essential to sentencing his abuser to 70 years. Since incarceration, he has received his GED, B.A. from Bard and M.A. from New York Theological Seminary. Mr. Crawford is active in volunteer work, including knitting clothing for children and organizing United Way donations. Mr. Crawford has a job offer from St. John Baptist Church in Buffalo which he will accept upon release.

Dennis Woodbine, 42, has served almost 22 years of a 25 to life sentence for Murder in the Second Degree and Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree for an incident in Brooklyn in 1998 when he was 19 years old. While chasing a group of young men who had stolen his jewelry, Mr. Woodbine fired a gun, striking an innocent bystander. He expresses strong remorse for the loss of life. Mr. Woodbine earned a Bachelor's degree from Mercy College through Hudson Link. He is also a Youth Assistance Mentor and is active in the organization Rehabilitation Through the Arts, performing in and directing plays in his correctional facility. Mr. Woodbine was featured in a PBS documentary, Dramatic Escape, about RTA success stories. Upon release, he will work at Exodus Transitional Community, a leading re-entry organization, as a youth mentor, and live with his wife and step-children, who think of him as their father.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

so illegal immigrants commit violent crimes and then decided to clean their life up in prison and now they should get pardoned and get to stay here?

wtf dude come on... that doesn't make any sense if you commit a violent crime here you're out period
edit on 3-1-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

So this story is 3 days old.

I can't find a peep about it on the MSM rags.

This downward spiral is getting faster by the day.

Where it stops.....?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well ain't this retarded.

The lefties just get more loony!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

so illegal immigrants commit violent crimes and then decided to clean their life up in prison and now they should get pardoned and get to stay here?

wtf dude come on... that doesn't make any sense if you commit a violent crime here you're out period

What part of my "no bias" statement did you NOT understand? Where, in that post did you see me support or decry this decision by Governor Cuomo? I posted that so folks wouldn't have to visit the site, and could see it here directly.

wtf dude is right !

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

welp, just seems as if ya came out in support of them if I misunderstood that's my bad

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

welp, just seems as if ya came out in support of them if I misunderstood that's my bad

Again, this is exactly why I added that no bias statement. Yet, you reacted with emotions just like those you seem to decry yourself for the same reasons?

Wake up "dude"...they are manipulating you.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

who's they?

I point out the ridiculousness of supporting them, oh well who cares I don't

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join