It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple people report seeing flying red sphere off SC coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

A South Carolina woman says she filmed a possible UFO off South Carolina’s Kiawah Island on Christmas Eve, and other witnesses are stepping forward on social media to report they saw the same “beautiful red sphere.”

Is it a UFO? Multiple people report seeing flying red sphere off SC coast.

Drudge has been linking to UFO reports lately. Is it he just has an interest? Is it disinformation? Or just for clicks?

This looks like it could just be Mars. I can't tell if it is moving or not. Most of the video is out of focus it seems. Very poor filming.

edit on 2-1-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well, the camera operator is being open and honest about her confusion, so it seems like 'untouched' footage.

My first instinct is Mars, but she says it's moving steadily; and the curious circular pattern within the 'sphere' is interesting, but is that a result of the camera's focusing?

At times it even resembles a flying Smiley.

Interesting find.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I guess we should just call "Mars" a UFO now?

Another poster a few weeks back posted a supposed UFO and it looked just like this. Just like what you would expect "Mars" to look like on a cam.
Am I missing something here? Or are people just misinformed and under educated about our solar system?
edit on 1 2 2019 by Shockerking because: Missed a key word. (grammar) Whoops!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I agree that it is not fake or CGI and she is not trying to fool people. I wish she would of held the wide shot long enough to see if it really is moving or not. I am pretty sure it is out of focus and she was confused.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shockerking

The question I have is why would Drudge link to this poorly shot video? What is the motive?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This could be nothing more than an out of focused motorcycle tail light.
2nd

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The flickering and color reminded me of a Chinese lantern. Without better background references it's sorta useless and could be any number of things. Always nice to have a ufo video post, tho!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
possible missile?? Has anything ELSE with a bullsnap cover story exploded along the East coast again?? You guys do realize missiles do get in every so often?? The goddamn Communists and the Persians are #ing doing it with small subs and MANPAD platforms and some with drones internally held.

I be tellin yall its WW3, and yall just be like, "oh silly conspiracy theorist, go # yourself! Its a weather balloon duh
"

At least the NSA and CIA are pretty effective at scrubbing the victims from digital existence, which in the digital era means no longer existed. Kind of like that scene from the Simpsons movie where someone is reading the GPS if they made it to the town, and the GPS says "you are now approaching... nothing."
har har. No seriously, it sucks when people get hurt by errant missiles.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Good grief. Yet another person fooled by a planet! Why do these people never seem to have an app on their mobile phones when filming such events?

9:33PM EST (24th December 2018) is 02:33 GMT/UTC (25th December 2018)

Plug Charleston into location and use the UTC time for 25th December

stellarium.org...

She is filming from Charleston and observing the "UFO" over Kiawah Island. Shock horror what should be visible in that direction is Mars!

Next you'll be getting the people that claim a planet doesn't look like that and can't be that shape! The shape is created by the camera itself as an artefact. Different cameras produce different shapes. See following using two different cameras filming Venus.

edit on 3/1/2019 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Reminds me of some news near an Army base i lived near 20 years or so ago, where the news media went out and filmed an Orange ball similar to this. The news reporter was there when one showed up filmed it and they played it on the local news.

It looked like it might be diamond shaped but some of the footage appeared to show something leaving the object by dropping off like soldiers might from an Airplane or Helo and that was how the report left the information, as some kind of military or gov operation.
edit on 3-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Chinese lantern?

new topics

top topics

join