It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what is the deal with almond butter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Metallicus
It isn't 'butter'...it is some kind of non-dairy alternative regardless of how they attempt to brand it to consumers. I like almonds and I like REAL butter. Let's keep them separated where they belong. It is just more BS from the food industry that likes to pretend that almond 'milk' is actually milk.

Everyone knows what they mean and the ingredients are on the back.

Simmer down there killer.

It’s false advertising and shouldn’t be allowed even if consumers are smart enough to know the difference. Lying about your product is fundamentally wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Drys mouth? cyanide drys your mouth, try eating a chokecherry. I'll stick to eating real butter, preferably LOL European style if it's on sale for under three bucks a pound.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It isn't 'butter'...it is some kind of non-dairy alternative regardless of how they attempt to brand it to consumers. I like almonds and I like REAL butter. Let's keep them separated where they belong. It is just more BS from the food industry that likes to pretend that almond 'milk' is actually milk.

Ummm, I have never once bought peanut butter and thought it was anything like or interchangeable with real butter.

What are you smoking? I usually agree with you, but I can't this time. Please tell me I am simply missing the sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

On the other hand, if you can afford more expensive stuff, there is a wealth of buttery nuts out there. Sunflower butter wasn't too bad.
a reply to: SilentSaturn

lol "sunflower butter"

isn't that called "margarine"?It has a fascinating story of it's creation

edit on 2-1-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: linky

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

try mixing the almond " butter " with some almond " mik " [ AKA nut juice ]

what could possibly go wrong ??????

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: ketsuko
First off, you will get the oil with any natural nut butter, even natural peanut butter. What you do is put the tub or jar upside down when you aren't using it. The oil will rise to the top (bottom). Then, when you get ready to use it, flip it over and open just before. The oil will take some time working its way to the top of the tub or jar and in the meantime, you get what you need. Then you stir it up when you get to the bottom of the tub or jar.

well that makes sense.

and what is the deal with the outside of the jar being greasy?

Thats so it makes it easier when they stick to you for 9 bucks a jat.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Is it a glass jar? If so store it in a cooler place.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah some of the brands are very dry for sure!

I make my own nut/seed butters. Less expensive than buying nut butters and I can control what goes in.
Walnut butter is super yummy! So is pistachio!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join