It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamal Kashoggi was a Propagandist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

People like me are the reason Scotland got free of Edward the Longshanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

What in the name of Darkseid's Disco Dungarees is virtue signaling, why is it bad, and why does idealism get such a bad rap? Geez....

Seriously. I just don't get it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

People like me are the reason Scotland got free of Edward the Longshanks.

Are you now also claiming that along with torturing and murdering being perfectly ok you're also over 800 years old....sorry but times have changed since you were a lad, we're not to big on public torture and murder
edit on 2-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IanForge

Virtue signaling is when you talk about how just and moral you are, usually interjected when a person has no basis for their argument, instead of actually discussing the issue at hand.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
What the Saudis did was horrific.

That said, I have a real tough time feeling sorry for a Muslim Brotherhood apologist and best friend to global terrorists.

As far as I'm concerned the Saudis actually did something positive.

He was never a journalist like the media claims.

One has to wonder what their obsession with this incident is. Especially considering how they are mums the word on Turkish atrocities against Journos (while basing their whole Kashog narrative on the word of the Turks) and all but refuse to cover the journalist genocide in Mexico and absolutely REFUSES to report it even acknowledge the rape and murder of the female journalist who was investigating EU corruption.

A rape and murder that as quite clearly a hit and a message to others.

Likewise, they spent little time and worry about any of the other hundreds of journalists murdered that same year, or at the same time, the suspected kidnapping of Interpol's Meng Hongwei by China. Little to no international outrage. I suspect a little grandstanding, a little self-concern, and a little desire to virtue signal are to blame.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Not quite. They envisioned a world that would be under the banner of, as you stated, a caliphate - repression, enforced conformity, the like. What I hope for is far different - a world where one can be truly free, just without all the baggage that comes from having ones self identified by nation, religious belief, skin color, etc. As I said, I realize it's an impossible dream; doesn't mean I can't still strive for it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Ah, in that case, forgive me. I had no intention of coming across as holier-than-thou. Sometimes it can de difficult to separate how we'd like things to be from how things are, if that makes sense. My own breed of pacifism and famial ties to all sometimes override better common sense.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Are you saying that you would rather be a slave and let your wife and daughters be raped repeatedly and treated like chattel

than grow a backbone?

Your bawbag must be empty, let's not prove that your head is as well...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Nothing and no one is who they seem in the Middle East.

Khashoggi had ties to Saudi intel and the Prince on the outs with the current member of the House of Saud on the throne. The reason Khashoggi was exiled from Saudi Arabia to begin with was his perceived disloyalty to the current regime. Maggie Salem, who worked for this Qatari agency, encouraged him in his anti-Saudi writings and activitism. It was likely this that led to his death.

Qatar, btw, is not copacetic with Saudi Arabia and is highly critical of their (Saudi Arabia's) embargo of Qatar along with three other Middle Eastern nations.

So, ties to one of the princes hostile to MSB, exile for disloyalty to MSB, ties to Saudi intel through that previously mentioned prince, and activism fueled by a country hostile to MSB and Saudi Arabia ... oh and Qatar has deep ties to Iran ...

Seems like this is a clear case of internal Saudi business. Why do we care again? And, yeah, his job was to lobby against the current Saudi regime on behalf of a couple of other Middle Eastern actors.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Khashoggi was an ally of the former head of Saudi Intelligence who MBS purged.

Making sound like he was just a journalist is missing the whole reason why he was targeted. He was knee deep with the Old Guard of Saudi Royalty and there's a new boss in town there.

As others have said here, there is more than what we see happening with Saudi Arabia.

^^^ That's what I'm saying. If Kashoggi wasn't a cabal asset and rather he was actually friendly to the interests of Bin Salman and Trump, I'll bet he wouldn't even be labeled as a journalist by the MSM.

...they'd simply call him a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You need to to get some better patter there Walter!

Chatting to you is like trying to have a conversation with one o' the puppets from Team America.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: pavil
Khashoggi was an ally of the former head of Saudi Intelligence who MBS purged.

Making sound like he was just a journalist is missing the whole reason why he was targeted. He was knee deep with the Old Guard of Saudi Royalty and there's a new boss in town there.

As others have said here, there is more than what we see happening with Saudi Arabia.

^^^ That's what I'm saying. If Kashoggi wasn't a cabal asset and rather he was actually friendly to the interests of Bin Salman and Trump, I'll bet he wouldn't even be labeled as a journalist by the MSM.

...they'd simply call him a terrorist.

Obviously the revelations of Kashoggi's motivations and relationships were unknown to the MSM. But all of it would could have been avoided with a simple credibility-check on behalf of the Washington Post. What a shame.

That being said, by revealing this information, the WaPo seems to be covering its tracks and trying to get ahead of a coming story in which I suspect will more will be revealed.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Maggie Salem used to work for the US State Dept. I'm not too surprised they didn't appear to dig too deeply.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Not including comedy songs, insults, and nonsensical statements,

you have added nothing to this thread.

Sorry, my banter isn't witty enough for you.

It seems when you were surfing the internet you accidentally typed " A T S"

instead of " 4 C H A N".

Now that we've gotten that straightened out you can go there and play with the other 14 year olds and leave the grownups to their conversation.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It seems when you were surfing the internet you accidentally typed " A T S"

instead of " 4 C H A N".

Well when am chatting with a someone who seems to think like a cup o' bad soup its kinda difficult to take things seriously. I mean you have literally said on this thread that you seem to think its ok to publicly torture and execute political dissidents.

I have had more sense out of loafs of bread.

edit on 2-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Maggie Salem used to work for the US State Dept. I'm not too surprised they didn't appear to dig too deeply.

I was unaware of that.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

She served for Madeleine Albright, so it was a while ago. But she has that in her background before going on to this Qatari agency.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

She served for Madeleine Albright, so it was a while ago. But she has that in her background before going on to this Qatari agency.

Just by taking a brief glance at her twitter, her tweets contain pro Qatari, anti-Saudi, anti-Trump sentiment. Deep State confirmed.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Next stupid question : what the actual hell is the Deep State? keep hearing the term, never defined. Always assumed it was one of those mindless Fox talking points designed to distract.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanForge

Next stupid question : what the actual hell is the Deep State? keep hearing the term, never defined. Always assumed it was one of those mindless Fox talking points designed to distract.

Sometimes it is a mindless talking point, to an extent. But essentially it is when a bureaucracy or other state actors act independent of the people elected to lead it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join