It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamal Kashoggi was a Propagandist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

The job of journalists is to provoke, expose and stir the hornet's nest. This is a big reason why the current American Regime is so obsessed with the,. And even then, shill or not, paid "disinfo agent" or not, his death was stillmorally wrong. To say otherwise, to say "oh, he had it coming", is, in a very real way, to perpetuate the very evils we're supposed to decry.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Like America? (hah hah, sorry, couldn't resist.) If he promoted terrosist tendencies, fine, let him be dealt with in a legal, just fashion. Not, you know, turn him into a human jigsaw puzzle.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanForge
a reply to: Propagandalf

Like America? (hah hah, sorry, couldn't resist.) If he promoted terrosist tendencies, fine, let him be dealt with in a legal, just fashion. Not, you know, turn him into a human jigsaw puzzle.

Of course. My contention is that he is being touted as a hero for journalism, wrongly, and the outrage is being used to advance the interests of a state sponsor of terrorism at the expense of one of our allies.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Am not trolling just asking the question.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IanForge

No, the job of journalists is to objectively report the truth.

Kashoggi was a paid detractor of the Saudi government (and probably a spy) and the Sauds are well within their rights to

dispose of their own citizens as they deem fit.

Morality is subject to everyone's individual mindset and has no place in objective discussion.

Evil is a matter of perspective.

Most of the evils in this world are perpetuated by someone's twisted view of morality, save it for Sunday school.

edit on 2-1-2019 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Kashoggi was a paid detractor of the Saudi government (and probably a spy) and the Sauds are well within their rights to
dispose of their own citizens as they deem fit

So you think it was right of them then to torture and kill this man then, that what you're saying?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Perhaps you should use discernment and realize that the people reporting the news would sooner castrate themselves than give a f#ck about telling you the truth.

Question:

Does that include include Trumps twitter feed?

First, we need a president with round things...
second, he's not a Lamestream parrot on the payroll, so no, you can't fulfill your fantasies

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They should have taken him back to Saudi Arabia, charged him, and done it publicly.

Then they should press Turkey for illegally bugging it's embassy there.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

They should have taken him back to Saudi Arabia, charged him, and done it publicly.

Ahhh right so now you're saying the should have tortured and murdered him publicly.

Good to know where you stand on this issue then.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Khashoggi was an ally of the former head of Saudi Intelligence who MBS purged.

Making sound like he was just a journalist is missing the whole reason why he was targeted. He was knee deep with the Old Guard of Saudi Royalty and there's a new boss in town there.

As others have said here, there is more than what we see happening with Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Perfectly legal in Saudi Arabia.

Let me make it clear EXACTLY where I stand.

F every country but my own.

If another nation can do well for my country, great, we can be friends.

Any nation that wishes my nation and my people harm can wither and die.

My, family, my people, and my nation FIRST.

If you want to help the poor, starving, etc. of the world go to those countries and do it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

I don't care if he was paid by the NSA, grew horns, wore a T-shirt that said "I killed Kennedy" and declared Trump God Herself, still doesn't mean his murder should be ignored with an, "eh, probably deserved it". This what kills me about the conspiracy community in general - we have a tendency to implicitly justify the horrible.

The point is, in our defense of human rights, we should be careful not to advance the interests of the very countries that sponsor terrorism while doing so.

You mean like selling Saudi Arabia weapons and stuff...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I don't care if he was paid by the NSA, grew horns, wore a T-shirt that said "I killed Kennedy" and declared Trump God Herself, still doesn't mean his murder should be ignored with an, "eh, probably deserved it". This what kills me about the conspiracy community in general - we have a tendency to implicitly justify the horrible.

The point is, in our defense of human rights, we should be careful not to advance the interests of the very countries that sponsor terrorism while doing so.

It's a little more complicated than that.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

How so, we are literally funding and arming a rogue state, one that exports terrorism, like literally, through its Wahhabi teachings...
edit on 2-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

If you want to help the poor, starving, etc. of the world go to those countries and do it.

This is where we differ, my friend. I have a firm belief in the Family of Man, and I also have a belief, admittedly unrealistic, that one day "nations" will be a footnote in history, much like the medieval notions of aristocracy. I feel, strongly, that single greatest misery to ever befall the human race is the idea that made up lines on a map matter somehow. It inevitably leads to ideas like "Ah, it doesn't matter if he was murdered; he was of another nation. he is not on of the We."

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

How so, we are literally funding and arming a rogue state, one that experts terrorism, like literally through its Wahhabi teachings...

Saudi Arabia–United States relations

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

In scotland we call people like you BawBags!

edit on 2-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Been here 5 minutes and already virtue signaling.

At least you admit that your beliefs are unrealistic.

Those of us that don't live in a fantasy world know better.

The only time the lion will lay down with the lamb is when it's in his stomach.

link   

This is where we differ, my friend. I have a firm belief in the Family of Man, and I also have a belief, admittedly unrealistic, that one day "nations" will be a footnote in history, much like the medieval notions of aristocracy. I feel, strongly, that single greatest misery to ever befall the human race is the idea that made up lines on a map matter somehow. It inevitably leads to ideas like "Ah, it doesn't matter if he was murdered; he was of another nation. he is not on of the We."

ISIS spent much of their time destroying borders so as to realize their world-wide caliphate. They ultimately operated under the same logic as you, and it led to some pretty bad ideas to say the least.

link   
What the Saudis did was horrific.

That said, I have a real tough time feeling sorry for a Muslim Brotherhood apologist and best friend to global terrorists.

As far as I'm concerned the Saudis actually did something positive.

He was never a journalist like the media claims.

One has to wonder what their obsession with this incident is. Especially considering how they are mums the word on Turkish atrocities against Journos (while basing their whole Kashog narrative on the word of the Turks) and all but refuse to cover the journalist genocide in Mexico and absolutely REFUSES to report it even acknowledge the rape and murder of the female journalist who was investigating EU corruption.

A rape and murder that as quite clearly a hit and a message to others.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join