It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't understand this attitude.

Should we all spend millions of pounds (dollars) of operating hours discussing ways in which we could deal with these issues, rather than actually trying to do something about it and see if it works?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hmmm...I feel like border security is probably not the cause of America's illegal immigration problems. If so many businesses in America weren't allowed to get away with hiring illegal immigrants to cut labour costs it would likely be a less appealing place to try and enter illegally.

And for all this talk of walls and such....

www.marketwatch.com...
time.com...

As long as businesses, politicians and ordinary people keep giving illegal immigrants jobs, they'll keep coming no matter how big and tough a wall gets built or however hardened border security becomes.

www.ohiohouse.gov...

www.denverpost.com...
edit on 2/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It really has gotten out of hand, and the pampering of these central Americans is getting strange.

I will tell you one thing, these immigrants coming from central America and ealecially the middle east don't seem to be living as hard as previous immigrants.

Asian, middle east are buying up a lot of real estate.

Probably lots of special interest rates, lots of special loan programs, lots of money given away

Look at the current population of illegal aliens presently in prison.
If the cost of life and money are not good enough examples, then you are too far gone.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

agreed. Stop giving welfare, jobs, and free medical, and they might not want to sneak in. But then, we would be barbarians, would we not?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

you want to build a wall, which will cost WAY more than 5 billion, to stop those sneaking over in the dead of night with bags (lol) of drugs.. you think that's cost effective. really?

meanwhile our deficit rose to $779 billion this year - during an economic expantion, ffs!

nope, it's to stop furture war refugees we'll create.. my opinion and i'm sticking with it. there's no way we'd spend that kind of money on a few sneaking in in the dead of night.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

If they can’t get here in the first place, these companies wouldn’t be able to hire them, no?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Did you know, since 1972, the government has spent over $6 billion dollars on "Sound Walls" along highways to protect neighborhoods from traffic noise. If we can spend $6 billion on that, we can certainly find $5 billion (which is a small fraction of 1% of the US yearly spend) for border security..

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Seems you VASTLY underestimate the number of people who cross our southern border illegally every year.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

I think you vastly underestimate those that come in via visas. lol

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: PokeyJoe

I think you vastly underestimate those that come in via visas. lol

but that's a strawman.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

considering most come in on visas and overstay their welcome - how will a wall stop that?

It will allow resources currently used to stop hundreds of thousands from physically crossing illegally each year to be used to go after those who overstay.

That plus the $135 billion saved each year caring for those illegal immigrants should be ample funding to deal with this problem you've highlighted.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

nope, we'll be spending that money closing tunnels. lol

why don't we start with stiffer punishments on those who hire them.... oh wait.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Ummmm, no. I didn’t say anything about that. Like networkdude said, that needs to be addressed as well, but is a separate issue from the border stuff.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

for you, I would consider this personal growth.

There are many problems that new laws, or better laws might fix. BUT, ignoring laws already existing, as opposed to changing them, is wrong in my eyes. So securing our borders, thus, enforcing our laws that already exist, is what some of us want. And if you feel the existing laws are bad, you should change them, legally.

See, you are staring to get it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hiring someone who is illegally here is a crime. That's how it should be approached. If you are here legally, have a work visa, that's fine, but if you are here illegally, not paying taxes, using our roads and infrastructure, the person who hires you should be held legally accountable for it. And the penalties should become more severe each time that person is charged. No need to ever build a wall if it is impossible to come here and work illegally. TPTB know that is the solution and none of them will ever do anything about it. This issue is nothing but a political football both parties are using to get a rise out of their respective base, I truly believe that.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Hiring someone who is illegally here is a crime. That's how it should be approached. If you are here legally, have a work visa, that's fine, but if you are here illegally, not paying taxes, using our roads and infrastructure, the person who hires you should be held legally accountable for it. And the penalties should become more severe each time that person is charged. No need to ever build a wall if it is impossible to come here and work illegally. TPTB know that is the solution and none of them will ever do anything about it. This issue is nothing but a political football both parties are using to get a rise out of their respective base, I truly believe that.

um....about the guys selling drugs or children, how would that hinder them?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Start with above ground then used the money saved to secure underground. Then go after overstays. Its very simple and it pays for itself with each step.

And I'm 100% for stiffer punishments on hiring companies! Its disappointing that it has not been pushed equally as hard by this administration.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Stop badmouthing Conan and Red Sonja!

Divide and conquer humanity already! And if it's only for your borderline complexes in this Brave New Oligarchy. Seems very unhinged to me though, just saying.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Border security. You can say wall if it makes you feel happy, but it's border security. it's what the people who work on the border say they need to be able to do their jobs.

This is the entire thing. We (those who aren't for open borders) are in favor of LEGAL immigration, but against ILLEGAL immigration. We would like for the borders of our country to be better protected, and thereby better control the flow of new people coming into this country. If we knew we could control the numbers, we could plan things better, have better care for the sick ones, and do a better job making sure the few bad ones don't get in.

Before we go any farther, what's wrong with that? I know I'll get crickets on that one, and I'll hear more deflection about what Trump did to make you angry, or at least what CNN told you he did. But on that topic, yea, the alternative is open borders. Something that no country on the planet Earth has.

It's been shown that previous administrations who are said to be superior and great, also wanted border security to be at the forefront of our agenda. And it was applauded by the masses. But since Trump wants it, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

And the worst part, you can't even explain with any realistic ability what you think the fix might be, or that there is a problem. Just that whatever Trump wants, is bad. So at this point, you need to embrace your TDS. You MUST recognize it and wear it proudly. If you don't, then the next tiny step is a mental breakdown. Now please, explain why Illegal immigration is the way to go.

This is why you Righties seem unhinged:

"Illegal Immigration" is a misdemeanor. Misdemeanors do not call for concentration camps and stealing children from parents. I'll straw-man here (trying to save time), "But they will just cut off their ankle bracelets and never show up at court." So what? It's a law enforcement issue now. Same thing happens if you miss a court date for a speeding ticket (another misdemeanor). We have laws in place.

You are for "Legal Immigration"? BS. What about that caravan coming out of Honduras with the stated intent of applying for refugee status. They had every right under OUR laws to do just that, but your side turned them into an invading army.

All this fluster from the right about "Securing our boarders" is fear mongering. You want to waste $5 Billion on a wall, but you wont even think about putting that money to good use (like say, schools).

ICE hasn't even been around for 20 years yet and you all act like its a hallowed institution. It's not, its a product of the Patriot Act that came out of the fear mongering of the "other" after the attacks of 911. It's time for us to grow up and move on.

On to your straw-man leftie talking points:

No, there is not a problem with our border security as you are talking about it.

Most of us don't care about your fears of "the other" and we already have border security. Wanna talk about MS-13? I wanna talk about Aryan Brotherhood, a far larger and more dangerous gang. Wanna talk about drug smuggling across the border? I wanna talk about the much larger drug smuggling through legitimate ports. We could get into the whole net negative aspect of our southern border immigration too.

Quite frankly your border concerns seem contrite and at best manipulated. At worst, they seem driven by the skin color of the immigrants themselves. Sorry, but that's what your actions and statements make most of us think about you.

Oh and it's your super president that hasn't signed the budget. You know the one that pays for your precious ICE princesses.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

The only problem with that is all the people who never intend to work legally and are paid under the table from the start. I agree they should start holding the businesses accountable. It is a difficult task to even know who is working where when it is all under the table from the start. As far as the government is concerned, these people dont even exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join