It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I am on the left.

Guess what I am against illegal immigration, just about everyone is, you're not going to find many who say "ohhh yeah illegal immigration, go for it!"

This is turning into the biggest Strawman of recent times, claiming that the left support illegal immigration when nothing could be further from the truth. The issue is not if illegal immigration is right or wrong but simply how best to tackle the situation. The wall was always a bit of a daft idea in the first place, and it was a wall not the metaphorical mess its turned into now he's realised he can't built a literal wall at the boarder but nobody is really advocating open boarders.

Now what really gets me when it comes to Trump supporters over this is that Trump has essentially shutdown the government so he can break a campaign promise. His line all along was that Mexico is going to pay for the boarder wall (his promise was a literal wall), so why then is he shutting down government to get $5 Billion for said wall....?

If what you say is true, please explain the purpose of sanctuary cities ? If you're against illegal immigration there would be no need for cities that give refuge and or immunity to illegal immigrants. What about that segment of progressive liberals that want no borders at all ? So, are you going to stick with your statement that almost everyone is against illegal immigration ?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: network dude

I just searched on the "Google " and duck, and I couldn't find dems supporting explicitly "open borders " or any bills indicating the want for open borders.

It seems like "the dems want open borders " naratives are peddled by the "right".

Which senator/ governor is for illegal immigration or open borders?

The liberal crowds cheered when Clinton said we need to build bridges, not walls.

To be fair though she was being metaphorical trump was being literal when he said he was going to build his wall.

How do we know she wasn't talking about building bridges over the Rio Grande? Walls are built to keep out unwanted people. The walls around my house do just that. Those who I trust, those who knock, those are the ones I let in. If you have to get into my house through a window while I'm not looking, you're not welcome. This is no different. My walls protect my family just as a wall at our border would protect our citizens. I don't leave my doors opened for a reason and I would imagine you don't either.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

No I am not.

Because he's an idiot, but then again I'm not American. It would take years for me to be an American. That right there is why you have so many issues with illegal immigration.

I know an aspiring American (a few actually) who's been contributing to your tax system, been everything that a model citizen should be but here's the kicker.

He's lived their for years and still isn't an official American. Now let's say something messes up in his life towards the end of the process? He's gone, I wouldn't expect him to go home, I'd expect him to become "illegal".

Your system is out of date, walls won't fix that. As for the drugs and other illegal stuff coming across the border?

Yeah, they'll always find a way. It isn't hard to score in Australia, it isn't hard to score in the UK. A hard southern border in the US would not prohibit my ability to score in the US either.

Again nobody is against having borders, you keep spouting off nonsense without providing any evidence to make readers think otherwise. I call that bs, you're talking bs.

LOL, so you are against this because of Trump? *that's TDS*. If your argument is that our immigration system needs reform, I totally agree. A path to citizenship should be easier. But rather than allow any and all who can't be assed to cross through the legal checkpoints, to enter by swimming across the river and walking through the dessert, we would like some sort of barrier in pace to help prevent that. Which is the reason for this thread.

If you are a fan of TDS, that's all well and good, many are. But you can't display it so openly, then deny it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

I've known this guy for nearly 4 years, he has a Union job, speaks better English than many Americans and pays his taxes in full and on time. Has a family with an American. Still isn't a citizen.

I don't think you even understand the concept of 1st, 2nd or 3rd world countries.

Nobody said it was a right to immigrate to the states and to be a US citizen you already have to do those things you speak of. Seems you're clueless about your own immigration policies buddy.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I couldn't care about Trump tbh, he has no bearing on me, he doesn't hold free accommodation in my brain Mr REEEEE.

You're an extremist because you hold extremist views in regards to your fellow countrymen and women. You probably don't notice it though because you're a fanboy of a narcissistic liar. Seems you've learned from him since you like playing the victim card.

You've been asked multiple times to provide evidence of anyone never mind the left in regards to demanding open borders. You won't because you can't.

Just like your cult leader you are full of crap and blow nothing but air and lies out of your mouth.

Grow up.

Sounds like he holds free accommodation in your brain.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

the point is, what Trump is asking for right now, is something lots of Americans want. And the cost isn't much in the big scheme of things. The contention exists, due to Trump being Trump. If Obama was asking for this, he would hear rounds of applause. In fact, I can show that a video of just that, if you like.

Ahhh right so is suppose then that means you supported Obama when there was a shutdown over ObamaCare because he was just doing what was in the interests of those who supported him.

Trump is thee least popular president in recent times (FACT) his there are more people in the country who oppose him than support him so for you and am sure for lots of others on ATS he is doing what his voters wanted. But most people didn't vote for him and his support is dropping all the time so he is acting in the interests of the minority at the detriment of the country right now because he wants to get his flagship wall through.

I'm sorry, this is kind of an ignorant reply. No, I wasn't in favor of Obamacare. And I was vindicated when it came to fruition and I lost my coverage and then had to pay a penalty because I couldn't afford $800 a month or more to insure my family. And I expect if someone is against border security, they would have a better reason that, "because Trump wants it", as their debate point.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I've known this guy for nearly 4 years, he has a Union job, speaks better English than many Americans and pays his taxes in full and on time. Has a family with an American. Still isn't a citizen.

I don't think you even understand the concept of 1st, 2nd or 3rd world countries.

Nobody said it was a right to immigrate to the states and to be a US citizen you already have to do those things you speak of. Seems you're clueless about your own immigration policies buddy.

Honestly I don't care about your friend, or his immigration troubles. If he hasnt cut the mustard thus far, there must be a reason for it. FYI, paying taxes in America isnt some badge of honor. They take them out of your paycheck before you get it, so you dont really have a choice. Im sure everyone has an anecdotal story about a friend of a friend who is in immigration purgatory. That is not the point.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I am on the left.

Guess what I am against illegal immigration, just about everyone is, you're not going to find many who say "ohhh yeah illegal immigration, go for it!"

This is turning into the biggest Strawman of recent times, claiming that the left support illegal immigration when nothing could be further from the truth. The issue is not if illegal immigration is right or wrong but simply how best to tackle the situation. The wall was always a bit of a daft idea in the first place, and it was a wall not the metaphorical mess its turned into now he's realised he can't built a literal wall at the boarder but nobody is really advocating open boarders.

Now what really gets me when it comes to Trump supporters over this is that Trump has essentially shutdown the government so he can break a campaign promise. His line all along was that Mexico is going to pay for the boarder wall (his promise was a literal wall), so why then is he shutting down government to get $5 Billion for said wall....?

What are your solutions to prevent illegal immigration? People are still going to cross illegally into the country, how do you propose to stop them?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Still making stuff up huh?

I'm not for or against Trump, I'm just speaking my mind about how pathetic he is, a lot like the rabid supporters who suck farts out of his ass.

Do they taste of orange?

No, I'm against bs and extremism. I've been calling it out for years here. Seems others are realising it too.

Again a common theme I've seen in the US is people overstaying their visa, people being unable to afford the path to citizenship. Focusing on walls seems a bit pointless, I know why you lot do though... The gas has gone to your heads.

So basically you agree with me on immigration? Why don't you tell Trump to sort that out then instead of boring us all with the same weak assed bs?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Liberal here. All for border security to keep the baddies out.

Here is what I also want: I want for the poor, but hard working people to be able to come here with a fast track to legal immigration, and at little to no cost to them. And by fast track, I don’t mean 2 or 5 or 10 years. I mean no more than 30 days, and they should be provided a comfortable, but secure place to stay here while they wait. Like a border military complex, or something.

Make that happen, and you can build whatever wall or fence you want.

Legal immigration is fine the way it is. Why do you want it to be fast track?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It's been shown that previous administrations who are said to be superior and great, also wanted border security to be at the forefront of our agenda.

The only problem with this is, Trump is the only one I know of that is not just playing lip service to border security, he's taking it very seriously. Only trouble is, he's running into walls himself of the ones that don't want the borders secure.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Here is what I also want: I want for the poor, but hard working people to be able to come here with a fast track to legal immigration, and at little to no cost to them. And by fast track, I don’t mean 2 or 5 or 10 years. I mean no more than 30 days, and they should be provided a comfortable, but secure place to stay here while they wait. Like a border military complex, or something.

Legal immigration is fine the way it is. Why do you want it to be fast track?

It takes too long, which is why people sneak over here. Make it faster, and they won’t sneak over - unless they are the bad guys, in which case, I’m all for keeping those guys out.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
IMO, the whole thing is just another mental diversionary tactic. TPTB are probably up to something none of them are talking about and the media is feeding the public a steady diet of this garbage to fill in the gaps. And this isn't the only "issue" that has that smell to it. For years they have been (seemingly pointlessly) deliberately distracting the public with intellectual trash that is obviously specifically crafted to turn "the public debate" into the Springer Show. Or something akin to an all the time episode of WWE.

Well, Trump is a WWE Hall of Famer, after all. It comes natural to him.

Indeed.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Still making stuff up huh?

I'm not for or against Trump, I'm just speaking my mind about how pathetic he is, a lot like the rabid supporters who suck farts out of his ass.

Do they taste of orange?

No, I'm against bs and extremism. I've been calling it out for years here. Seems others are realising it too.

Again a common theme I've seen in the US is people overstaying their visa, people being unable to afford the path to citizenship. Focusing on walls seems a bit pointless, I know why you lot do though... The gas has gone to your heads.

So basically you agree with me on immigration? Why don't you tell Trump to sort that out then instead of boring us all with the same weak assed bs?

I didn't write your post, you did. And if you stop the REEEEE long enough to listen to what I'm saying, you might agree. Trump is an idiot. But he's the president of the country I reside in. And I voted for him because the alternative was worse. Plus there was the added bonus of irritating those who we so damn smug about how stupid we were if we didn't kiss Hillary's wrinkly old ass.

But better border security is what some of us want. It's what Obama and Bill Clinton said they wanted as well, and back then, it was applauded. So my point with this thread and thought process, is why was it good then, and bad now? Trump? With you, it seems the answer is "yes". It's OK, just own it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

What are your solutions to prevent illegal immigration? People are still going to cross illegally into the country, how do you propose to stop them?

I know you didn't ask me, but here's how I would curb it. NO medical, no schools, no welfare, ect. Just make it very uncomfortable for them and make it even more uncomfortable for those that hire and pay under the table any illegal.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Why turn this issue into yet another febrile attack on 'the left'?

Most people of all political leanings are in favour of legal migration. They might disagree with what that legal migration looks like, but, generally speaking, everybody thinks that having poor desperate starving people sneaking over borders is not a good solution to any of the problems of migrations.

And yet we have these alt-right ideologues and puppets constantly screaming hysterically that 'lefties want to throw open our borders! aaaarrrrgh! Daddy-Trump must save meeeee!'

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

What is the limit of your proposed Legal immigration of the poor around the world? Remember, most of the world is desperately poor compared to America. That would be a bunch of people as evidenced by the migrants coming to wealthy Western Europe. Sounds like pretty much open borders for anyone wishing to come to America? Let's let everyone in who just wants a better life?

What good is a wall if you are going to have unlimited legal immigration numbers? You seem to want let in anyone who isn't a criminal.
If you have a limit, then what will you do to stop those who don't make it in legally.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Nice exaggeration. Own it you're an extremist.

Nobody wants open borders and the only person screaming like a little girl is you.

Grow up you're almost as cenile as the grand umpa lumpa.

I'm an extremist. Define that for me please.

You have TDS. will you own that?

The truth is that TDS is completely owned by Trump supporters. You people are bat ass crazy.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Why turn this issue into yet another febrile attack on 'the left'?

Most people of all political leanings are in favour of legal migration. They might disagree with what that legal migration looks like, but, generally speaking, everybody thinks that having poor desperate starving people sneaking over borders is not a good solution to any of the problems of migrations.

And yet we have these alt-right ideologues and puppets constantly screaming hysterically that 'lefties want to throw open our borders! aaaarrrrgh! Daddy-Trump must save meeeee!'

Then why is there such a uproar over what Trump is asking for? It's literally exactly what you said.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So now you're an American in America that knows an illegal in America that isn't an American even though he speaks English and has an American family?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join