It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No I am not.

Because he's an idiot, but then again I'm not American. It would take years for me to be an American. That right there is why you have so many issues with illegal immigration.

I know an aspiring American (a few actually) who's been contributing to your tax system, been everything that a model citizen should be but here's the kicker.

He's lived their for years and still isn't an official American. Now let's say something messes up in his life towards the end of the process? He's gone, I wouldn't expect him to go home, I'd expect him to become "illegal".

Your system is out of date, walls won't fix that. As for the drugs and other illegal stuff coming across the border?

Yeah, they'll always find a way. It isn't hard to score in Australia, it isn't hard to score in the UK. A hard southern border in the US would not prohibit my ability to score in the US either.

Again nobody is against having borders, you keep spouting off nonsense without providing any evidence to make readers think otherwise. I call that bs, you're talking bs.
edit on 2-1-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Seeing as it was a point of contention in this thread, I figured I'd go ahead and bury it.

That said, I myself am rather indifferent about the wall, I imagine it will help border patrol with day to day operations, but I don't see it being the magical end all be all.

What we need is reform, specifically in three areas.

1. First and foremost, a change in foreign projection to all of Latin America, our destabilization efforts in the past have helped create the environment we see in the Americas today.

2. Creating a simple and fluid visa program for temporary workers. Our demand for them will not change, so they will come, whether by tunnel or submarine. (This one is very important, because undocumented workers are vulnerable to all kinds of abuses as they do not have the typical protection as any legal worker).

3. Legalization of marijuana. While there are other drugs that flow from the border, that one is what justifies much of the logistical lines as it is the bread and butter so to speak. There are so many smokers in America, but when you look at the other drugs, they are rather minute. This will not kill the trans border drug trade, but it will deliver a nice blow to it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

the point is, what Trump is asking for right now, is something lots of Americans want. And the cost isn't much in the big scheme of things. The contention exists, due to Trump being Trump. If Obama was asking for this, he would hear rounds of applause. In fact, I can show that a video of just that, if you like.

Ahhh right so is suppose then that means you supported Obama when there was a shutdown over ObamaCare because he was just doing what was in the interests of those who supported him.

Trump is thee least popular president in recent times (FACT) his there are more people in the country who oppose him than support him so for you and am sure for lots of others on ATS he is doing what his voters wanted. But most people didn't vote for him and his support is dropping all the time so he is acting in the interests of the minority at the detriment of the country right now because he wants to get his flagship wall through.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

edit on 2-1-2019 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That might just be one of the most sensible posts on this thread so far thanks!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't think the purpose of this wall is to keep illegals out. immigrations is down, ffs.

I think it's to keep an influx of future war refugees out. there are some who are creaming to go down south and start wars. putin's wants Venezuela...

we'd need a wall first.. just my opinion.

keep that war machine churning.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Wow look at all the "concerned" European responses. Who cares what Trump said. Trump is Trump, just like any other politician. Actually I think several of these "ATS " OPS gas lighting here could be working for the Chinese or Russians. Just look at their emotions in those comments. I mean they are having a Theresa Mary May day as they just want you off your game so the entire tread disappears from ATS.

Here's the facts:

cis.org...

I want a wall built like the "Great Wall of China"

edit on 2-1-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

You do realise that videos like that can be made by whoever.

How do I know that video wasn't staged just to promote the idea of the liberal crazies.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Propagandalf

a reply to: Propagandalf

It is you who doesn’t know, not I

Ahhh ok then well if you know what Trump said he'd do if Mexico didn't pay for the wall then just tell me.

Unless of course you don't know.....

Gosh this is is embracing for you isn't it?

Not really. I’m not the one wallowing in my own ignorance. The media’s reporting led you astray.

Again thats awesome les,

Now you said.....

Do you rmemember what Trump said he’d do if Mexico didn’t pay for the wall?

Yet every time I ask you to tell me what he said he'd do you seem unable to answer me this simple question. I suspect its because you don't know, probably because he wasn't clear on what he would do. I think you know this and thats why your not bothering to answer my question. Because if you could answer it, then you wouldn't be looking quite as silly as you are by continuing to refuse to answer it.

Didn't think I would call you on it did you?

Again a little embarrassed for you

I asked if you knew. You don’t. That’s all I wanted to know. Now I understand much of what you’re arguing is uninformed.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Here's the real facts so grab a bag of crisps and read on!

cis.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
IMO, the whole thing is just another mental diversionary tactic. TPTB are probably up to something none of them are talking about and the media is feeding the public a steady diet of this garbage to fill in the gaps. And this isn't the only "issue" that has that smell to it. For years they have been (seemingly pointlessly) deliberately distracting the public with intellectual trash that is obviously specifically crafted to turn "the public debate" into the Springer Show. Or something akin to an all the time episode of WWE.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I am not ignoring anything. I hate Trump and still want secure borders. Trump has nothing to do with that.

Who is not behind border security here?

What congressperson is presenting open border legislation?

I'm sure you can find a few, random extremists online that do, but that is true about anything.

You are the one pushing a narrative here.

The border is essentially open RIGHT NOW. This administration is trying to close it so that all entry is through official ports and the left is fighting tooth and nail. Why?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I just searched on the "Google " and duck, and I couldn't find dems supporting explicitly "open borders " or any bills indicating the want for open borders.

It seems like "the dems want open borders " naratives are peddled by the "right".

Which senator/ governor is for illegal immigration or open borders?

This is exactly why I said in my first post on this thread that I think this issue of boarders is turning into the biggest strawman ever.

Nobody is advocating open boarders.

Pretty much everyone is against illegal immigration the sticking point his how to best deal with it.

Is that why we had everyone on the left with a microphone championing the migrant caravans, and providing them exposure and assistance where ever they could? Is that why California is now a SANCTUARY STATE? Is that why every single liberal city in America is a Sanctuary City now? Why you have city mayors tipping illegal immigrants that an ICE raid is about to happen? Is that why Beto was using campaign funds to assist illegal immigrants from said caravan? From what I can tell many many people on the left think we SHOULD have an open border and let any and everyone thru who wants a piece of the American Dream. Am I missing something here?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

just about everyone

Not really OtherSide of the Coin. Everyone on the left like in Europe they want endless migration endless open borders.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Propagandalf

It is you who doesn’t know, not I

Ahhh ok then well if you know what Trump said he'd do if Mexico didn't pay for the wall then just tell me.

Unless of course you don't know.....

Gosh this is is embracing for you isn't it?

Not really. I’m not the one wallowing in my own ignorance. The media’s reporting led you astray.

Again thats awesome les,

Now you said.....

Do you rmemember what Trump said he’d do if Mexico didn’t pay for the wall?

Yet every time I ask you to tell me what he said he'd do you seem unable to answer me this simple question. I suspect its because you don't know, probably because he wasn't clear on what he would do. I think you know this and thats why your not bothering to answer my question. Because if you could answer it, then you wouldn't be looking quite as silly as you are by continuing to refuse to answer it.

Didn't think I would call you on it did you?

Again a little embarrassed for you

I asked if you knew. You don’t. That’s all I wanted to know. Now I understand much of what you’re arguing is uninformed.

Much of it uniformed because I cannot recall one Trump quote that you’ve also been unable to recall.

Hmmmmm.....

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The EU has open borders. I know this.

But I'm talking about the U.S. and leftist politicians who want open borders or proposed Bill's for such or campaigned on such?

For the record, I'm for LEGAL and CONTROLLED immigration. I'm not a leftist or lib or repub

Yes EU has Open Borders and these Open Borders that EU started is now negative outcome.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

just about everyone

Not really OtherSide of the Coin. Everyone on the left like in Europe they want endless migration endless open borders.

You must have missed Bill Clinton's and Obama's speaches.

They showed the transcript to college students and asked who they thought it came from, most said Trump.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

No I am not.

Because he's an idiot, but then again I'm not American. It would take years for me to be an American. That right there is why you have so many issues with illegal immigration.

I know an aspiring American (a few actually) who's been contributing to your tax system, been everything that a model citizen should be but here's the kicker.

He's lived their for years and still isn't an official American. Now let's say something messes up in his life towards the end of the process? He's gone, I wouldn't expect him to go home, I'd expect him to become "illegal".

Your system is out of date, walls won't fix that. As for the drugs and other illegal stuff coming across the border?

Yeah, they'll always find a way. It isn't hard to score in Australia, it isn't hard to score in the UK. A hard southern border in the US would not prohibit my ability to score in the US either.

Again nobody is against having borders, you keep spouting off nonsense without providing any evidence to make readers think otherwise. I call that bs, you're talking bs.

LOL no, that is the point of legal immigration. For you to prove you belong as a United States citizen. Just because you want to live in the USA doesnt mean it is a right. We do not have to accept everyone. There should be merit standards and you should have to learn English and conform to our standards. It should take a long time to become a legit citizen. WE DO NOT WANT TO FLOOD OUR STREETS WITH EVERYONE FROM THE THIRD WORLD WHO THINKS THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE. That is how you end up with the refugee problems all over Europe.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
IMO, the whole thing is just another mental diversionary tactic. TPTB are probably up to something none of them are talking about and the media is feeding the public a steady diet of this garbage to fill in the gaps. And this isn't the only "issue" that has that smell to it. For years they have been (seemingly pointlessly) deliberately distracting the public with intellectual trash that is obviously specifically crafted to turn "the public debate" into the Springer Show. Or something akin to an all the time episode of WWE.

Well, Trump is a WWE Hall of Famer, after all. It comes natural to him.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

The EU has open borders. I know this.

But I'm talking about the U.S. and leftist politicians who want open borders or proposed Bill's for such or campaigned on such?

For the record, I'm for LEGAL and CONTROLLED immigration. I'm not a leftist or lib or repub

Yes EU has Open Borders and these Open Borders that EU started is now negative outcome.

The EU does not have open borders. They have looser refugee acceptance, and if you do manage to cross the border, they don't kick you out (though many instances they'll try and relocate you to Turkey per the deal with the EU set up a few years ago, that said I believe I recall hearing some turbulence with that deal as of late).

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join