It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I just searched on the "Google " and duck, and I couldn't find dems supporting explicitly "open borders " or any bills indicating the want for open borders.

It seems like "the dems want open borders " naratives are peddled by the "right".

Which senator/ governor is for illegal immigration or open borders?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

...But on that topic, yea, the alternative is open borders. Something that no country on the planet Earth has.

I'm not sure I understand you; one can simply walk into Wales from England, do a spot of market shopping, grab lunch and a pint, then just wonder back across the usually unmarked and always unmanned 'border' into England. It's the same between England and Scotland.

And what about free movement inside EU member states?

I'm probably missing something here, I often do, 😬

Not Strictly true. United Kingdom. Do your homework.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

...But on that topic, yea, the alternative is open borders. Something that no country on the planet Earth has.

I'm not sure I understand you; one can simply walk into Wales from England, do a spot of market shopping, grab lunch and a pint, then just wonder back across the usually unmarked and always unmanned 'border' into England. It's the same between England and Scotland.

Look up "immigration policy", here a nice link:
www.bbc.com...

Notice the chap in the picture has a patch on his shoulder. What does it say? It it says "Immigration enforcement", then you have to ask, what's that all about?

so yea, you are missing a rather big something.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I just searched on the "Google " and duck, and I couldn't find dems supporting explicitly "open borders " or any bills indicating the want for open borders.

It seems like "the dems want open borders " naratives are peddled by the "right".

This is exactly why I said in my first post on this thread that I think this issue of boarders is turning into the biggest strawman ever.

Nobody is advocating open boarders.

Pretty much everyone is against illegal immigration the sticking point his how to best deal with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I am not ignoring anything. I hate Trump and still want secure borders. Trump has nothing to do with that.

Who is not behind border security here?

What congressperson is presenting open border legislation?

I'm sure you can find a few, random extremists online that do, but that is true about anything.

You are the one pushing a narrative here.

edit on 2-1-2019 by headorheart because: Why can't I spell borders today?

+3 more 
link   
I don't understand...

Why does trump need money for the wall, I heard him explicitly say that Mexico will pay for it, over and over... I also read one of his tweets confirming that Mexico will pay for the wall.

What happened to the money??
edit on 2-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
link   

I'm not superior to you or anyone else.

I am pointing out that when you spend all day everyday on a site screaming at nothing, that is infact what appears to 'regular folk' as ' unhinged '.

It doesn't matter what politics is coming out of the megaphone. it's the BEHAVIOR.

You are the one claiming superiority over many people by blanket calling a large portion of the population unhinged, when in fact most are normal family folk and hard working . You have tricked a narrative into your brain about "the other side" that simply doesn't exist.

You are shouting at a mirror.
The wall is irrelevant.
Trump and Hillary are irrelevant.

To be honest I wish could take some of you out for a pint and a hug, then maybe give a hot coffee to a homeless person, anything to give you perspective or get you away from this extreme excessive obsession for minute.

Now run along and stop calling strangers unhinged, it's uncouth and I'm sure your parents raised y'all better .
edit on 2-1-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

try to keep up here. Trump want's enhanced border security. He wants it, because those who voted for him seem to want that, and the folks who's job it is to control the border, have said they need some help. So there is a real need, and a real want for what Trump is asking for. If you are against what he wants, and you offer nothing but "stupid Trump and his wall", what am I supposed to think you want? Serious question.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I am not ignoring anything. I hate Trump and still want secure boarders. Trump has nothing to do with that.

Who is not behind border security here?

What congressperson is presenting open boarder legislation?

I'm sure you can find a few, random extremists online that do, but that is true about anything.

You are the one pushing a narrative here.

LOL, what is this shutdown about? What does Trump want?

Answer those, and then explain who's pushing a narrative. If you are for border security, then why are you against what Trump wants? (hint- he wants border security)

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do you rmemember what Trump said he’d do if Mexico didn’t pay for the wall? If not, it just shows how misinformed some have become, because i’ve Heard this same line a million times.

link   

That's about the same as walking into Canada from North Dakota. You would see it differently if Wales was a 3rd world country and bringing more drugs and violence into England.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: maya27

I used to live on the Welsh border with England, I used to cross back and forth all the time, there's no border to speak of.

Now, trying to enter either country from overseas (excluding Island territories, of course) is clearly a whole other ball game, of course.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I'm not superior to you or anyone else.

I am pointing out that when you spend all day everyday on a site screaming at nothing, that is infact what appears to 'regular folk' as ' unhinged '.

It doesn't matter what politics is coming out of the megaphone. it's the BEHAVIOR.

You are the one claiming superiority over many people by blanket calling a large portion go the population unhinged, when in fact most are normal family folk and hard working . You have tricked a narrative into your brain about "the other side" that simply doesn't exist.

You are shouting at a mirror.
The wall is irrelevant.
Trump and Hillary are irrelevant.

To be honest I wish could take some of you out for a pint and a hug, then maybe give a hot coffee to a homeless person, anything to give you perspective or get you away from this extreme excessive obsession for minute.

Now run along and stop calling strangers unhinged, it's uncouth and I'm sure your parents raised y'all better .

I'm sure you are a nice person, and a hug and a pint would be nice. This is a political discussion. They rarely are calm and orderly. Haven't been since there was "politics". So if my words upset you, I'd suggest threads like "the shed". that is all.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I don't understand...

Why does trump need money for the wall, I heard him explicitly say that Mexico will pay for it. I also read one of his tweets confirming that Mexico will pay for the wall.

What happened to the money??

Trump was wrong. Mexico isn't going to pay for a wall. That doesn't make those who voted for Trump stop wanting border security. I wanted to keep my doctor and my health care too. get over it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Nice exaggeration. Own it you're an extremist.

Nobody wants open borders and the only person screaming like a little girl is you.

Grow up you're almost as cenile as the grand umpa lumpa.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The "failing" New York Times admitted this morning that they are ANTI-Trump, and puts anything that's bad for Trump or America (while Trump is President) on the front page.

www.foxnews.com...

Exactly what a guilty terrorist would do, in the hopes of keeping its crimes hidden.

edit on 1/2/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   

Quite the contrary, not upsetting at all.

I pointed out succinctly that your obsessive calling people with opposing politics and who you don't know unhinged, appears to most regular people as even MORE unhinged.

I'll stay where I am for this morning cuppa and read.

link   

No, he wants a wall. Or the appearance that he won the wall fight to appease his base. He has been offered funding for border security and turned it down. (Yes, I know less than $5B).

I even said earlier in this thread, give the man $5B for border security. I am not against the amount. The left is not against providing additional funding for border security.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Of course the U.K. needs immigration enforcement, I'm just saying that there is no border checks or enforcement of any kind when travelling between England, Wales, and Scotland. You do make a good distinction though; it's a bit different when entering through an official port of entry.

Still, free unrestricted movement across borders between EU countries is a thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

i can take a walk to austria from my moms house in bavaria and eat a schnitzel or i drive 5 hours to italy for a expresso without showing someone my passport...(:

If you lived in America and drove to Mexico, you'd likely never have the desire to drive back. Austria and Italy are nothing like 3rd world countries. Would you casually drive to Africa or Syria if they were that close? No. Places like that are almost lawless and if you do get caught and jailed, you're getting your ass beat constantly or killed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join