It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: network dude

Quite the contrary, not upsetting at all.

I pointed out succinctly that your obsessive calling people with opposing politics and who you don't know unhinged, appears to most regular people as even MORE unhinged.

I'll stay where I am for this morning cuppa and read.

Actually it does not...and I bet noone REGULAR even exists.

You pretend some people are not controlled or swayed in this world...I call ya a liar.

Flat out fact..you are the one appearing unhinged...as not a single piece of logic or truth appears in your posts on this subject.

Just more sneaky ways for leftists to bash the Real people...not gonna work.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I'm not against border security. You cannot prove that I am and you've failed to provide evidence of anyone else being against it.

So does that make your thread a big old waste of time? I suspect so. Then again I suspect this thread isn't about that anyways.

I don't need safe spaces and I don't need puppies, but if you like you can throw some crayons my way and I'll draw you a very simple picture that you may understand, the picture will explain why you are acting pathetic.

TDS isn't real so again I ask you to grow up, I'll also add that you might need some help with your delusional views.

HAHAHA you call Trump and supporters filthy liars and only non leftists are deranged.

NOPE it IS you and the left who are provably deranged far easier.

It is in the makeup of a liberal mind to be deranged from the get-go..this has been known for thousands of years.

We all know..and so do you that you have no real soul.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

We are not "unhinged" over the wall. Other than the fact, that trump promised, over and over Mexico would pay for it. trump like to blame the Dems. Guess, what, The House, Senate and the Presidency are all Republican controlled until tomorrow. Sure, they voted yes for the wall in the PAST. I don't see one do you?

The fact, the president is under several investigations, and some criminal. Those are the reasons we don't support trump. Lie, after lie. Campaign finance violations, that on Airforce One, he denied knowing anything about "Mr, president did you know about the payment to Stormy Daniels?" " No you would have to ask Michael Cohen, he is my attorney."

Trump tower meeting, trump dictated a letter for his son that said that meeting was about "adoption" One week later, Jr's Email "if its what you say, I love it". Yeah, why lie about the meeting? Why did trump, try to cover it up? You don't cover things up, that are legit! Do you?

The trump foundation, is being dismantled. trump did not fight it, because he was caught with his pants down (not the first time) trump has to pay restitution to the state of NY, and it is a criminal case. trump , can not have anything to do with charities for 10 years, because of what he did. Using it for personal gain, and his own campaign. Shady as hell!

Criminals surrounded trump in 2016, Birds of a feather, flock together.

Maybe, when I have time, I will make a thread, that breaks down, just how corrupt, trump is. With links to back me up. There are enough news sources, including FOX, that lay it all out. God knows I have seen plenty of those threads on Hillary. The sad thing is, 90% is garbage backed up by Shills. It really is sad.

SO you believe in endless fake investigations all run by proven scumbags with the backing of corrupt media and corporations whom have somehow gotten you to believe they love progressive tards?

Sure will be funny one day when they turn on you and finish the left off as they always do after the left causes enough chaos.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: RAY1990

I'm not against border security. You cannot prove that I am and you've failed to provide evidence of anyone else being against it.

So does that make your thread a big old waste of time? I suspect so. Then again I suspect this thread isn't about that anyways.

I don't need safe spaces and I don't need puppies, but if you like you can throw some crayons my way and I'll draw you a very simple picture that you may understand, the picture will explain why you are acting pathetic.

TDS isn't real so again I ask you to grow up, I'll also add that you might need some help with your delusional views.

HAHAHA you call Trump and supporters filthy liars and only non leftists are deranged.

NOPE it IS you and the left who are provably deranged far easier.

It is in the makeup of a liberal mind to be deranged from the get-go..this has been known for thousands of years.

We all know..and so do you that you have no real soul.

Politics aside.

This post is deranged.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I just searched on the "Google " and duck, and I couldn't find dems supporting explicitly "open borders " or any bills indicating the want for open borders.

It seems like "the dems want open borders " naratives are peddled by the "right".

Which senator/ governor is for illegal immigration or open borders?

try to keep up here. Trump want's enhanced border security. He wants it, because those who voted for him seem to want that, and the folks who's job it is to control the border, have said they need some help. So there is a real need, and a real want for what Trump is asking for. If you are against what he wants, and you offer nothing but "stupid Trump and his wall", what am I supposed to think you want? Serious question.

1. Trump wants a wall. People around him are trying to turn the wall into more of a “metaphor “ for, as you put it, “enhanced border security.” He is walking back his statements, now, but he still wants a wall.

In the broad, Platonic sense, President Trump’s pledged border wall is what it always was: A wall, on the border with Mexico, for which Mexico will pay.

In a specific sense, despite Trump’s assertions to the contrary on Thursday morning, the composition of that wall has changed several times since he first proposed the idea, months before he ran for office.

Trump’s insistence that the wall is the same now as it always was follows The Washington Post’s report that White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly described Trump’s description of the wall during the campaign was “uninformed.”

“A concrete wall from sea to shining sea” won’t be constructed, Kelly, reportedly told a group of lawmakers. In some places, there would be a concrete wall, though that “would be good in only certain places.”

And from Trump:

“I already know what it should look like. … I’m a great builder. What do I best in life, I build. Your infrastructure is crumbling. Isn’t it nice to have a builder? A real builder. So you take precast plank. It comes 30 feet long, 40 feet long, 50 feet long. You see the highways where they can span 50, 60 feet, even longer than that, right? And do you a beautiful nice precast plank with beautiful everything. … You put that plank up and you dig your footings. And you put that plank up — there’s no ladder going over that. If they ever go up there, they’re in trouble, because here’s no way to get down. Maybe a rope.” He wanted the wall to be beautiful, he said, “because maybe someday they’ll call it the Trump Wall. Maybe. So I have to make sure it’s beautiful, right?”

That’s pretty clear: A concrete slab wall. An engineer mapped out what this would entail, finding that it would contain three times as much concrete as the Hoover Dam.

WaPo: How Trump’s Wall Has Evolved (despite his denials)

So that appears to be a physical wall...There’s great footage of the “test walls”. - the giant wall sections people used to create their construction bids. For the Wall.

Note he doesn’t say the wall is a metaphor. And now he’s backpedaling on Mexico paying for it and that it should be from “sea to shining sea,” but it’s still a physical wall.

You and he can claim differently, but he said it and promised it, and so why should I buy the lie that he didn’t mean what he said, or that his discussion of “pre-cast plank” was somehow a “metaphor?”

2. Border Security.

NO ONE WANTS OPEN BORDERS! FAKE NEWS!

This is Trump’s talking point, adopted by the right. It is a lie, an untruth, an “alternative reality,” a fabrication, bull pucky, an utter misrepresentation of the truth, a falsehood, and utter fictional nonsense. It. Is. A. Lie.

I’m for securing the border. I’m for “enhanced immigration reform” that includes paths to citizenship, especially for those who truly need asylum, those who can work at both skilled and unskilled jobs. I’m for them legally staying in the US while working towards citizenship, and paying taxes while they work. Legally. I’m for protecting DACA recipients.

I’m not for companies like, oh I don’t know, Trump’s New Bedford, NJ Golf Course, hiring illegal immigrants and coaching them on how to beat the system, how to avoid the Secret Service when Trump is there, get fake documents so they can keep working for sub-standard pay and such. Maybe we could deal with that along with border security?

Here’s a google search on that...Link

So yeah, if we strip away the partisanship and look honestly at how we can have secure borders, hold businesses that hire illegal immigrants accountable, and work on bipartisan immigration reform that isn’t fear-based, debasing, or unfair, deal with criminal activity on the border (and other entry points which the Coast Guard covers), etc., well that’d be great!

Maybe someday.

But until then, the for-profit prison folks are really enjoying a windfall holding on to all the unprocessed potentially illegal immigrants. Huh. Wonder how that fits into all this...

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

Illegal immigration is not that way to go, but I don't think a wall is either. There is middle ground. I'm not even against $5 billion in the budget FOR the border security. This wall in just a toddler talking point to me though. I don't think it is in our best interest. And please don't drag me down with this "The wall is a metaphor" bull#.

Its ironic you lefties don't want a wall to protect America but have no problem with Obama and his husband moochelle building a 10 foot wall around their house in Washington to protect their family.. Then again, we know your leftist immoral elite are more important than your average American on the street.. Enjoy your hypocrisy..

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

NO ONE WANTS OPEN BORDERS! FAKE NEWS!

explain "sanctuary cities". that is all.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The liberal crowds cheered when Clinton said we need to build bridges, not walls.

Well thats a pretty comprehensive list right there. All those Dems on that list should be removed from office immediately

!

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The democrats seem to be against it.

Can you provide a list of Demovrats against border security?

I searched and couldn't find any....thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
American Politics are so confusing.

#ConfusingLeftits.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

It's all the one's who don't want Trump to get his funding. They seem to not want the same thing he does. He wants border security. You could also look at those who champion sanctuary cities. You know, those places that help criminals hide from the law. (criminals who enter the country illegally) If you want to help them, explain how you would be FOR, making sure they don't get in.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sanctuary Cities are not equal to open borders.

The movement that established sanctuary cities in the United States began in the early 1980s. The movement traces its roots to religious philosophy, as well as in histories of resistance movements to perceived state injustices.[16] The sanctuary city movement took place in the 1980s to challenge the US government’s refusal to grant asylum to certain Central American refugees.

These asylum seekers were arriving from countries in Central America like El Salvador and Guatemala that were politically unstable. More than 75,000 Salvadoreans and 200,000 Guatemalans were killed by their governments in hopes to suppress the communist movement in those countries at the time.[17]

Faith based groups in the US Southwest initially drove the movement of the 1980s, with eight churches publicly declaring sanctuary in March 1982.[18] John Fife, a minister and movement leader famously wrote in a letter to Attorney General William Smith, saying that the "South-side United Presbyterian Church will publicly violate the Immigration and Nationality Act" by allowing sanctuary in its church for those from Central America.[19]

A milestone in the U.S. sanctuary city movement occurred in 1985 in San Francisco, which passed the largely symbolic “City of Refuge” resolution.

The resolution was followed the same year by an ordinance which prohibited the use of city funds and resources to assist federal immigration enforcement–the defining characteristic of a sanctuary city in the U.S.[20] As of 2018 more than 560 cities, states and counties considered themselves sanctuaries.[2]
. Sanctuary Cities Wiki

Those radical Presbyterians!!!!!

Currently, being a Sanctuary City means local police are not expected to do the job of ICE. The right foments this into their own hair-on-fire interpretation, no? This is what you morph into “OMG! They want Open Borders!”????

Oh. And don’t think I didn’t notice your complete side-stepping of point one in my post above, which was counter to your claim that the wall just means “enhanced” border security.

Now that I think of it, is that like “enhanced interrogation?”

So Trump wants a physical wall. You disregard everything I say because some cities don’t want to play ICE.

So. Much. Winning.

edit on 4-1-2019 by AboveBoard because: Added link

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It's all the one's who don't want Trump to get his funding

Look at all those bad kids in the playground, who are willing to keep their shovels and fight for them!

Who knew?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

It's all the one's who don't want Trump to get his funding. They seem to not want the same thing he does. He wants border security. You could also look at those who champion sanctuary cities. You know, those places that help criminals hide from the law. (criminals who enter the country illegally) If you want to help them, explain how you would be FOR, making sure they don't get in.

The only disagreements are in HOW Border Security happens, not wether or not it should happen.

Wall or fencing may work in some places. Electronic surveillance,etc., in other areas. There are multiple ways to maintain security that are more effective than a wall. No need to destroy Native American sovereignty, do massive imminent domain land grabs or destroy natural environments, block river access, etc.

To Trump, a primary element of “border security” is a physical wall, as I’ve already shown.

If the discussion is “what is the best, most fiscally responsible, and most effective way to monitor and secure the border,” then let’s have that discussion and include in it immigration reform.

Let’s solve the actual problem with real solutions, and not lose sight of either security or compassion along the way.

As Ronald Regan reminds us...

Reagan spoke of the families that came through Ellis Island right by the Statue of Liberty. "These families came here to work," he said. "They came to build.

Others came to America in different ways, from other lands, under different, and often harrowing conditions, but this place symbolizes what they all managed to build, no matter where they came from or how they came or how much they suffered."

He went on to say that, "They helped to build that magnificent city across the river. They spread across the land building other cities and towns and incredibly productive farms.

They came to make America work. They didn’t ask what this country could do for them but what they could do to make this refuge the greatest home of freedom in history.

They brought with them courage, ambition and the values of family, neighborhood, work, peace, and freedom. They came from different lands but they shared the same values, the same dream."
Washington Examiner: How Reagan Spoke of Immigrants “

edit on 4-1-2019 by AboveBoard because: Added link

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

please tell me you understand the difference between LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration.

ETA:
Trumps own words today:

"I just appreciate them being here. Let's go out and see the press. You can tell them about the importance of the wall. They basically said, and I think I can take the word basically out, 'Without a wall you can not have border security.' Without a very strong form of barrier, call it what you will, but without a wall you can't have border security it won't work," Trump said.

www.realclearpolitics.com... tml

He bases his talk off of what Border Patrol agents have told him. Now, before we take your opinion into account, how many years have you spent with the border patrol?
edit on 4-1-2019 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

please tell me you understand the difference between LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration.

ETA:
Trumps own words today:

"I just appreciate them being here. Let's go out and see the press. You can tell them about the importance of the wall. They basically said, and I think I can take the word basically out, 'Without a wall you can not have border security.' Without a very strong form of barrier, call it what you will, but without a wall you can't have border security it won't work," Trump said.

He bases his talk off of what Border Patrol agents have told him. Now, before we take your opinion into account, how many years have you spent with the border patrol?

Yes. I do.

Please tell me you understand the difference between ICE and a local police officer. The difference between the Feds sloughing off immigration responsibilities to Joe Officer. And please tell me you would consider Joseph and Mary fleeing Herod to be “criminals” worthy of Egypt throwing them in prison, separating baby Jesus from Mary and putting him up for foster care in a respectable Ra worshipping household, prior to deporting his parents, at which time nobody remembers who is caring for Jesus.

So...what WOULD Jesus do with all those asylum seekers who had to come in illegally because lawmakers were playing isolationist games with policy??

Well perhaps he would want his church to offer sanctuary. Oh wait. That’s what they did, isn’t it?

And then cities took up the cause.

It doesn’t mean that undocumented people should be allowed to flow in to our country. It does not mean “open borders.” Continuing to label it that is divisive and simply not true. NO ONE is saying don’t have border security. NO ONE is saying that!!! You are casting stones at a straw man.

It means we need to have massive immigration reform that deals with refugees and asylum seekers in reasonable and compassionate ways, while keeping out drug runners and “bad people.” We need to have both security and limitation, as well as compassion and acceptance of new immigrants, giving them a legal path into our country where they can contribute. We need a system that works. Currently it does not.

This is a problem that people of good faith could solve without “wall” rhetoric. Real immigration reform. Real solutions. Not crappy campaign bumper sticker ones.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Of course, being "unhinged" is what ATS is all about. But that's even more true since it became ALL TRUMP SUPPORTERS instead of ABOVE TOP SECRET.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

ETA:
Trumps own words today:

Yes. I do.

Please tell me you understand the difference between ICE and a local police officer. The difference between the Feds sloughing off immigration responsibilities to Joe Officer. And please tell me you would consider Joseph and Mary fleeing Herod to be “criminals” worthy of Egypt throwing them in prison, separating baby Jesus from Mary and putting him up for foster care in a respectable Ra worshipping household, prior to deporting his parents, at which time nobody remembers who is caring for Jesus.

So...what WOULD Jesus do with all those asylum seekers who had to come in illegally because lawmakers were playing isolationist games with policy??

Well perhaps he would want his church to offer sanctuary. Oh wait. That’s what they did, isn’t it?

It doesn’t mean that undocumented people should be allowed to flow in to our country. It does not mean “open borders.” Continuing to label it that is divisive and simply not true. NO ONE is saying don’t have border security. NO ONE is saying that!!! You are casting stones at a straw man.

It means we need to have massive immigration reform that deals with refugees and asylum seekers in reasonable and compassionate ways, while keeping out drug runners and “bad people.” We need to have both security and limitation, as well as compassion and acceptance of new immigrants, giving them a legal path into our country where they can contribute. We need a system that works. Currently it does not.

This is a problem that people of good faith could solve without “wall” rhetoric. Real immigration reform. Real solutions. Not crappy campaign bumper sticker ones.

Jesus would laugh and leave if he showed up today. But aside from that, what do you propose as a solution to the large group of people who ILLEGALLY cross the border where we don't have proper barriers?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Of course, being "unhinged" is what ATS is all about. But that's even more true since it became ALL TRUMP SUPPORTERS instead of ABOVE TOP SECRET.

I'm afraid your PC is broken. When you get it fixed, you will notice that there are people who oppose Trump here as well, and they post their opinions on this very site. glad I could help out.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

ETA:
Trumps own words today:

Yes. I do.

Jesus would laugh and leave if he showed up today. But aside from that, what do you propose as a solution to the large group of people who ILLEGALLY cross the border where we don't have proper barriers?

Personally, I think he would cry.

You’d like me to solve the immigration issue?

Can’t say I have all the answers, but if I were magically in charge, here’s what I’d do off the top of my head:

I’d begin with a two pronged approach, one that combined security with immigration reform. I’d get all the hard data on the border and look at the paths that lead to illegal immigration (ie overstaying Visas, illegal entry, loss of immigration status without removal, etc.

I would use the data combined with consulting experts regarding border security to determine the most efficient, financially responsible and effective means of securing the border while simultaneously working on a plan to provide paths to citizenship for DACA recipients, for the backlog of asylum seekers and in-process citizenship seekers.

I would minimize use of private prisons and hold all facilities responsible to the highest degree for maintaining health, human rights and dignity for asylum seekers. I would ensure a humane and compassionate tone, provide enough legal supports and translators, etc to get it done as quickly as possible.

Beyond that I would work with experts in the field of immigration to help craft workable policies to defend the border while providing legal paths to entry. I would deport those the law did not provide for and maintain healthy levels of border security.

I’m Sure if I were actually in charge I would do a lot more, or might discover better ideas in the process, but that’s all I’ve got off the top of my brain.

It would be both Compassionate and Secure.

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join