It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
I like your idea. Finnaly somebody with some good reasons to build a wall. #. I think we should begin building it. Forget all that illegal drama, we should build it just because we cant have them Chinese out walling us.

Also, even if begun yesterday or a few years ago for that matter, anything fancy wont be done in a long while yet.

But ya, a pathway all across 4 states. Would be quite a thing to see and cross. Though if it actually turns out a bike path for sight seeing. Thats like months and months of a trip on a bike. Or we can just do California, pretty sure you can bike across the border of California in a few days or weeks.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech
Holly bejebus. People take this politik and Trump thing way to serious.

To the point of being unhinged it seems. Well that vid proves it, there is such a things as crazy lefties.

They do exist. I thought all you weirdo political charged dipole people were making that # up.

That dude even though he works in a vape/smoke store, needs to take a chill pill. Because it practically does not matter all that much who is president, in the end he or she is just a slightly bigger cog in a machine.

edit on 11pmWednesdaypm022019f3pmWed, 02 Jan 2019 23:50:06 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab
That's even a better idea. But its also much much more costly, most especially that not that many people would want to go an move to the middle of nowhere. Which is were most if not all of the border is. Most especialy when there is nothing out there but cows and tumbleweeds, and the ocasional imigran run, and drug runners, and likley dudes with guns.

Not a very good sales pitch if you want people to move there now is it.

But if you build a wall and have more people going and coming from there. Eventually there would be more towns and even cities springing up along the wall. Which will likely just increase the immigrant thing as towns and commerce grow.

Its just a question of this whole legal or illegal thing, and the distinction there in. But really, you could do both, build a wall and line it with solar panels or turbines. Either way if you actually line the whole border with solar panels and turbines, you will need a easier way to get to them and not to mention maintenance on all that, and also, seeing as you have some people just willy nilly going through the border.

Whats to stop them from striping all your solar panels and stealing turbines? Were will all your electricity go if somebody just cuts the lines, or decides to decorate there house with free solar panels. So again, you would need guards, or Crom forbid, maybe even a wall, and people to check on it all, to protect all that, after all if you just build all that and just leave it there, its all easy for anybody to just take.

As I see it a wall is a good idea, not for what most people would think, but for expanding Americas infrastructure, its actually a good idea. It would likely work down the line.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Fences make good neighbors

Ain't that the truth. It also cuts back greatly on whole borrowing stuff from neighbors, and never returning. It is much easier to borrow and never return your neighbors tools that he keeps in the yard when there is no fence in between.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
THIS! twitter.com... from the Congressman who wondered if the island of Guam would tip-over if too many people lived on one side, or the other.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer
I dont know about that, last great Canadian was John Candy, the rest were kind of meh! Except maybe Keanu Reeves, and I think Justin Bieber set the whole of the United States back at least 100 years. They should have droned him before his carer took off.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
THIS! twitter.com... from the Congressman who wondered if the island of Guam would tip-over if too many people lived on one side, or the other.

seriously, what if everyone went to one side of the island?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Yes it would be quite long. It could result in an entire industry of food service, hotels along with Bed and Breakfasts along the border for those who go on day, week or month hike or biking journey. I mean look at how many people visit the Great Wall of China annually. If the US still has a problem with used tires either grind them up or use them as-is encapsulated in concrete within the wall for the road bed or foundation fill. I am a Cyclist and we have long trails in our state built on top of old railroad ballast. Great way to keep in shape and see nature. A wall would also benefit Mexico as they cant absorb all of the migrants from South America also.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What about the left that has moved on from the wall to saying let's abolish ICE too ?
Give an inch and they go for a mile, there is no compromising with these people.
The left has been totally compromised by the globalists that dislike national sovereignty, they want illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The EU has free movement of people amongst member states, it does not have open borders.

In fact the EU has many regulations in regards to the movement of people, goods and money.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

The EU does not have open borders.

I refer you to the Wiki definition of an open border;

An open border is a border that enables free movement of people between different jurisdictions with few or no restrictions on movement, that is to say lacking substantive border control.

A border may be an open border due to a lack of legal controls or intentional legislation allowing free movement of people across the border (de jure), or a border may be an open border due to lack of adequate enforcement or adequate supervision of the border (de facto).

...The term "open borders" applies only to the flow of people, not the flow of goods and services, and only to borders between political jurisdictions, not to mere boundaries of privately owned property.

Open Boarders Wiki

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

They're a union, kind of like the United States.

The border of the EU as a whole isn't open though.

Now we're just playing semantics.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This is all I have to say about the Democrats and their hypocrisy. They all called for the wall way before Trump did. It was only when Trump beat their butts that they did a 180, and that means they only care about themselves and their power...and NOT our country.

Democrats calling for wall to be built long before Trump did
edit on 3-1-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

They're a union, kind of like the United States.

The border of the EU as a whole isn't open though.

Now we're just playing semantics.

If you drive, say, from a town in Colorado to a town in North Carolina, you're still in the same country - the USA.

If you drive from a town in France to a cafe in Holland, you're in a different country; a different nation, yet one is able to pass through freely.

I mean, yeah, if we're talking semantics, I can take a five minute walk and be in the next Parish, open borders, but I don't think that that was the intention of the thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

Illegal immigration is not that way to go, but I don't think a wall is either. There is middle ground. I'm not even against $5 billion in the budget FOR the border security. This wall in just a toddler talking point to me though. I don't think it is in our best interest. And please don't drag me down with this "The wall is a metaphor" bull#.

Drag you down?????? Well anyway, I dare say, The Great Wall of China is not a toddler talking point so why would our border wall be? But in truth we now have the “Great Firewall of China” in addition. Is this also a toddler talking point? The Border Wall represents national sovereignty. The only reason Soros and the Democrats don’t want it is because they are against the sovereignty of the nations. Why? Because they are Globalists and represent the interests of the Internetionsl bankers who long ago hijacked the American government.
edit on 3-1-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

This is all I have to say about the Democrats and their hypocrisy. They all called for the wall way before Trump did. It was only when Trump beat their butts that they did a 180, and that means they only care about themselves and their power...and NOT our country.

Democrats calling for wall to be built long before Trump did
Well said. I agree.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It would appear that the people of America are polarized in their beliefs.

It is my opinion that eventually the border issue will be resolved, it may take some time but eventually all borders will fade away.

The big question is how?

I see there being a a single possible outcome:

Open borders.

In the far and distant future humanity will have no need for borders.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You might want to do a fact check on the "Democrats call for a wall" bit.

In fact, what they called for was securing the fence in certain areas. Nobody talked about building a wall across the southern border or any other border. (one of many articles)

Or google "fact check did democrats call for wall" in your favorite browser.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Border security. You can say wall if it makes you feel happy, but it's border security.

Border security is not equal to "wall".

Your logical fallacy begins there.

It is possible to be strongly in favor of border security and feel a wall is a grossly expensive and ineffective solution.

it's what the people who work on the border say they need to be able to do their jobs.

That is HIGHLY debatable.

While we are at it, the northern border with Canada is 4000 Miles.

The Mexican Border is roughly a third of that.

When you finish pondering what we should build once the Canadian border is secure, then describe to me the plan for the oceans and 12,000 miles of US coastline.

edit on 3-1-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: network dude

Anyone that spends their days continuously pointing out the faults of those with polar opposite social values (yet incredibly similar behavioral patterns) is an extremist and unhinged.

I'm glad you agree.

By all means carry on shouting at the mirror all day.

It appears to exhilarate most of you and provides relief to bored extremist folk.

Likely provided you some relief when you put someone elses picture on your mirror.

Exhiliration is what YOU feel...guaranteed you are do not like Trump...and buy the news general opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'm not superior to you or anyone else.

I am pointing out that when you spend all day everyday on a site screaming at nothing, that is infact what appears to 'regular folk' as ' unhinged '.

It doesn't matter what politics is coming out of the megaphone. it's the BEHAVIOR.

You are the one claiming superiority over many people by blanket calling a large portion of the population unhinged, when in fact most are normal family folk and hard working . You have tricked a narrative into your brain about "the other side" that simply doesn't exist.

You are shouting at a mirror.
The wall is irrelevant.
Trump and Hillary are irrelevant.

To be honest I wish could take some of you out for a pint and a hug, then maybe give a hot coffee to a homeless person, anything to give you perspective or get you away from this extreme excessive obsession for minute.

Now run along and stop calling strangers unhinged, it's uncouth and I'm sure your parents raised y'all better .

LOL nice attempt at trolling..but your kind has been seen before and are always hypocrites themselves.

Why do you not call out Trump haters and everyone else in this matter ?

Cause you a crybaby left lib whiner...it is the ONLY reason you even posted here.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join